News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Upgrading from 1.1.x

Started by ML, November 27, 2008, 08:51:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ML

Hi guys,

I know that this is probably a question that has already been asked, and if it has I apologize for the repeat.

When the time comes to upgrade to version 2.x, is my backup for 1.x going to work?

I would hate to lose my posts and settings.

On another note, Happy Thanksgiving to all who are observing this holiday today and to those who aren't: I hope you have a great day too!

Those who say that something cannot be done should get out of the way of those who are willing to try.

Antechinus

Yes and no. If the upgrade runs successfully you wont lose any forum information. Once you convert to SMF 2 you wont be able to restore 1.1.x backups without making one hell of a mess. If you mean will the upgrade to SMF 2 wipe your database the answer is no.

You should take a precautionary backup before running the upgrade just in case you need to restore the 1.1.x forum. You should also take a precautionary backup of the database as soon as you have successfully completed the upgrade.

ML

Backups is my middle name. I always keep several on hand. :D

Thanks.

Those who say that something cannot be done should get out of the way of those who are willing to try.

nitroglicerino

I'm sure this has been solved somewhere... but I can't find it. Which are the differences between 2.0 and 1.1.x?

Thank you

Rumbaar

Should answer your question, if not search some more.  Certainly not found in this thread.
What\'s new in SMF 2.0 Beta 4?
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: