Errors and errors and errors, oh my!

Started by thekid65, November 28, 2008, 08:45:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

thekid65

We've had an ongoing issue with forum errors which appear to be generally member specific (ie, only some members are generating errors, but it's a butt-load of them (usually over 500 by certain members on any given visit). We're running SMF 2b4, with the following mods/packages installed:

1.     Advanced Reputation System 1.5.2      
3.    Auto Embed Video Clips    2.1.5    
4.    Admin Notepad    1.0    
5.    Add IP2Location to Track IP    1.1    
6.    Advanced Contact Form    1.02    
7.    More Spiders    1.2    
8.    Quote Clear Line    1.0    
9.    Single Category    1.0    
10.    Social Bookmarks for SMF 2    
11.    Stars And Badges    2.1    ]
12.    Users Online Today    1.5.4    
13.    SMFChess    2.0    
14.    Member Color Link    3.0.5a    
15.    Grouped Who's Online    1.0    
16.    View Single Post    1.0    
17.    ThemePermissions    1.0    
18.    BBC [you]    1.0    
19.    Remove Post Modified Time    1.0    
20.    Quote Always WYSIWYG    1.01    
21.    SMF Gallery Lite    2.0.3    
22.    Manage Membergroups Permission

There are only a few errors that consistently show up (and again, not all members are generation them, only a few):

#1.  http://caged-rage.com/index.php?action=login2;sa=check;member=101
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined variable: context
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/cagedra/public_html/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php
Line: 109

There are a lot of these ^^^ being generated with the same file (File: /home/cagedra/public_html/Themes/default/languages/index.english-utf8.php) in common.

#2.  http://caged-rage.com/index.php?
Apply Filter: Only show the errors with the same message
8: Undefined index: dnb
Apply Filter: Only show the errors from this file
File: /home/cagedra/public_html/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 4190

Again, there are a lot of these with the same file in common (File: /home/cagedra/public_html/Sources/Subs.php)

Why would only certain members be throwing these errors, and not everyone?

My co-admin who normally handles all the coding and such is on a little sabbatical, so I'm trying to give this a go myself. Keep in mind that I'm rather new at this. Thanks in advance for any help, and if more info is needed, just ask.

Kermit

it looks like ,some language strings are missing in the index.english-utf8.php file
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

thekid65

But,. wouldnt that effect all members? As far as the language pack, I know I've got an issue there. When we upgraded to 2b4, for some reason, the language pack didnt install over the 1.1.6 version. So were still showing the old version:

Kermit

My Mods
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

thekid65

Scuse my noobness at this crap, but do I need both the english, and the english utf8 pkgs? I believe I read elsewhere on this board that the utf8 causes problems.

Kermit

My Mods

A. Einstein

thekid65

Again, scuse my noobness, but the easiest/safest way to can the old language pack (which has a buttload of languages we dont need anyway) and install the 2 new ones, would be to delete the existing language files server-side, then upload and extract the 2 new english zip files into the /Themes/default/languages folder?

ThorstenE

you only need to install english-utf8 when your forum was installed with UTF-8 or converted to UTF-8..
your html source shows:
<meta http-equiv="Content-Type" content="text/html; charset=UTF-8" />

so you should follow Duncan85s oppinion and install the english-utf8 files.
Languages

Another note: Load Standard Language modification.

thekid65

Allrighty, replacing all the utf8 files seemed to have worked. Thank you for the advice. Next continuous errors that are being thrown by all members is the search function. Here's some examples:

http://caged-rage.com/index.php?action=search2

8: Undefined index: title

File: /home/cagedra/public_html/Themes/default/Search.template.php (body_above sub template - eval?)
Line: 302

http://caged-rage.com/index.php?action=search2

8: Undefined index: href

File: /home/cagedra/public_html/Themes/default/Search.template.php (body_above sub template - eval?)

Line: 300

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Kermit

Please attach your Search.template.php file
My Mods

A. Einstein

Kermit

i guess the error is index.template.php,please attach this
My Mods

A. Einstein

thekid65

thekid65

Any luck, Duncan85? Thanks for helping.

Rumbaar

Can I ask is there a reason why you are using english-utf8 and not just plain english?  If you only use english and your users only use english.  Define that in your forum language settings, remove the ability for users to define their own language and you should eliminate any English-utf8 missing $txt[] issues.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

thekid65

Quote from: Rumbaar on December 31, 2008, 11:50:39 PM
Can I ask is there a reason why you are using english-utf8 and not just plain english?  If you only use english and your users only use english.  Define that in your forum language settings, remove the ability for users to define their own language and you should eliminate any English-utf8 missing $txt[] issues.

For some reason, when we upgraded to 2b4, some old files were kept on the server. Not sure why, I'm just learning this stuff via the school of Hard Knox. Anyhow, that issue was resolved by doing just that, I made the forum with just one language, English, uploaded a new english language pack, and manually deleted all the utf8 files, and all other language files server side.

Advertisement: