Theme Colour Question

Started by Random, February 16, 2005, 12:49:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Random

Hi, I was just writing a new theme for my forum, with dark red background, so I changed the post colour default to silver.  It shows as silver in the threads, but when you go to last ten posts, it shows as black.  How would I go about changing this?

Also, how would I go about changing the number of replies and views, and the 'Today at 03:48:22 PM' bits?  Or are they stuck black and can't be changed?

OvermindDL1

First of all I would recommend a different way of editing css, althoug editing it on server, saving, and refreshing page can be done, it is slow.  I would recommend using FireFox with the web developer plugin (located in the extensions web directory), it can open a pane that allows you to edit the css of the page that updates as you type, then you can just save it out to a file and upload it to the server.  Doing this you can experiment with things very quickly to see what they do.  The reason I suggest this is that I don't know the exact css ID's used for those, but that is a quick way to see.  Plus, look in the generated html source at the location of what you want to change, find the ID it uses, that is where it will be in the css.

Random

I'm just looking for that extension, it sounds useful.

However, if the posts appear silver in the thread, and black in the last ten, does that mean they are set to black elsewhere, not in the style sheet?

Random

Though that extension is very useful, I still can't seem to find out the answer to the above.  :-[

*edit* Ahh, i've made the 'last post by' bit change colour by adding  'color: Silver;' under the part of the style sheet saying small text.  I did the same for normal and large text, which changed the number of views or replies. 

Still stuck with the last 10, anyone have any idea where the colour is set?

A.M.A

you mean View the 10 most recent posts on the forum.!
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

Random

A.M.A

add this to style.css
.smalltext:link, .smalltext:visited
{
color: #FFFFFF;
text-decoration: none;
}
a.smalltext:hover
{
font-weight: bold;
color: #cc3333;
text-decoration: underline;
}

in BoardIndex.template.php look for:
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=recent">
replace with:
<a href="', $scripturl, '?action=recent" class="smalltext">
Really sorry .. real life is demanding my full attention .. will be back soon hopefully :)

Random

Thanks very much, I'll give that a try  :)

Random

Actually, just thinking for a minute, are you talking about the line that says ..10 most recent posts on the forum.! ?  What I meant was, when I actually get the most recent page up, the posts appear black even though I've set the text colour to silver.  Just wanted to check we were talking about the same thing before I started  :)

Random

Its ok, I'm a total idiot, I see what I did!  I carefully set everything to silver except where it says windowbg, so of course it was showing black!!  ;D ;D :-[  Fixed.

Advertisement: