Number of Posts views and PMs errors

Started by ganzua, November 29, 2008, 03:15:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ganzua

First, sorry for my english...

Y have converted form YaBB 2.1 to SMF 1.1.7 with the yabb21new_to_smf.php and allways have the same error: Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/zerg/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 799.
What this means?, Is it important?.

Rest of conversion are more o less ok; except for posts number of views. All posts shows 0 views.

And another error is on private messages:
- Inbox has messages with 1970 date, the colum Subject shows de sender of messages and column named From shows numbers like 1195423902...
- Outbox has correct dates and subjects but column To is empty.

Is possible to correct some of this errors?

Thanks for your work.

ganzua

Yes, I used that file and the convert.php file for the first post on the topic "[SMF Converter] Yabb - 2.1 ".
I have converted the forum a lot of times and allways the same results...

Thanks for your reply.

ThorstenE

mhh, the main problem is that YABB has changed the PM structure from 2.1 to 2.2. You should try the YABB 2.2 converter instead:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=249777.0
If this doesn't help please let us know. I can also modify the yabb 2.1 converter but only with a copy of some YABB PM files or FTP access to your YABB installation.

ganzua

Done! and...

-Error: Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /home/zerg/public_html/smf/convert.php on line 799.

-Error: "Undefined variable: i in..... " (this is new)

About PMs:
- Inbox seems to be ok
- Outbox in most cases no messages and for messages in it, colum For is empty.

About Number Posts views:
Same, 0 views in all messages.

Thanks a lot. If you need some files tell me how to send you

ThorstenE

can you zip some files from yabb Members-folder (.msg files) and PM me a link where I can download them?

ThorstenE

ok, let's start with this one.. this hopefully fixes the PM issues.. for the missing registration date you can PM me a .var file from one of your members.

ganzua

Ok
Now send you some .vars file and install your test convert file.

Thanks a lot.

ganzua

No luck unfortunately (i probe twices).

For Inbox and Outbox  all dates are  January 01 1970 and for Outbox some users have their messages and other not.
In Outbox, too,  For column is empty.
Reg Date is not converted at all.

Most of problems seems to be related to Date conversion...

The Reg Date error is not very important for me because I can edit manually for most active users but PMs are important for my users.

Thanks for all.

ThorstenE

same errors as before? Have you deleted the old yabb21new_to_smf.php? if not the convert.php takes the last selected converter file and works with this file...I'll check the reg_date later this day...

ganzua

Hi TE

Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/home/laganzua/www/foro_musica/convert.php on line 799 (allways present in all my conversions)

Others errors are (for some members):
Undefined Index: email in ......./yabb21test_to_smf.php on line 336
Undefined Index: postcount in ......./yabb21test_to_smf.php on line 340
Undefined Index: userpic in ......./yabb21test_to_smf.php on line 348

Nothing else...

Thanks for all your work

ThorstenE

ganzua

Good progress... thanks

Only one error: empty "For" column in Outbox Pms.

Rest ok, Reg Dates too.

The errors in conversion process:

- Warning: mysql_fetch_assoc(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in /usr/home/laganzua/www/foro_musica/convert.php on line 799
(I'm thinking make my personal signature with this text  :D)

- Converting Members...
lines with a lot of numbers (10393350971.......... over 50 or more numbers)
and some undefined index notice (like email, postcount, and userpic)

If you are busy (or bored of this topic) don't worry. I think that my forum members must understand the minor error and will be happy with the new forum system.

Thanks a lot for all

ThorstenE

convert.php line 799:
ignore this ;) the convert.php checks the supported character sets from MySQL (SHOW CHARACTER SET), this is not supported by your MySQL Version (character sets are supported since MySQL 4.1.x and above)

the numbers during the members conversion is an echo for the regdate (my personal debug information, you can ignore this)
undefined index errors may appear when a variable is used, but isn't set (no values in it). these are php notice errors and you can allmost ignore them.

I can fix the empty "for" column but need some time. If you're happy withe the recent result feel free to mark this "topic solved".

ganzua

Advertisement: