News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

problem with emails

Started by john34516, November 29, 2008, 06:11:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john34516

i use google apps for my emails.when i try to send emails from my forum it not send.why?? if i login to google apps it send emails ok.

sorry for my bad english

X3mE

Kids, you tried your best and you failed miserably. The lesson is - never try.

My mods:
OS & Browser Detection (1.5 is out!) | Skype Profile Field | GTalk Profile Field | AllCaps Blocker | SMF Syntax Highlighter (Beta) + 2 in development!

Personal websites:
Mobilize.rs (and forum) | Lolmao.info

H

This is because Google requires you send mail over Secure SMTP. It may work if you change your SMTP address to begin with ssl:// and change to Google's SSL port.

You'll probably find more info on this by searching for gmail as this has been discussed before.
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

john34516

i get that error

Could not connect to SMTP host: -1230306676 : Unable to find the socket transport "ssl" - did you forget to enable it when you configured PHP?

swtdivalove

Are you hosting or are you paying for hosting?

You can edit the PHP.ini on your server.  Or, you can contact your host and see if they will enable SSL in the PHP.ini

john34516

i am paying for hosting. i have vps account.can you say me how i can edit that file?

swtdivalove

You should be able to edit it through the cPanel.  Just download the file and edit it in NotePad.  However, you might want to get some assistance in editing the file, especially if you are unsure of what to edit and how to make changes to that file.

PHP.net

Check that site out and do some reading on the PHP.ini file.

H

You'll need the OpenSSL extension in php. How you enable it depends on your server. Your host should be able to provide more information.
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Advertisement: