News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

problem registering

Started by wakewatcher, November 29, 2008, 06:42:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wakewatcher

I've just made a virgin installation of 2b4.  (no mods etc)  I've been testing different registration methods.  I'm using two machine.  This one for administration and a second one for test registrations.  What I do is register, look at it and then from this machine delete the member and then try to register from machine 2.  However I can't register on the other machine as I get the message:

QuoteSorry but you are not allowed to register multiple accounts at the same time from the same computer.

I'm not trying to.  Is this a sessions problem or something?

On a related note.  I think their is an anomomly or oversight in EmailTemplates.english.php.  Line 117 shares the username and not the password (which I don't like sharing anyway over email) but then just under that it tells you how to change the password it didn't give you.
smf 2.0.18

swtdivalove

It's picking up the router IP address... 192.168.1.1 - Which is what my machines show on SMF Forums as admin.

So, it looks like you are trying to register with the same IP address even though you are using a different machine.

I'm sure there "MIGHT" be a work-around, but I wouldn't honestly count on it.

Just as an example, I have my own web server that sits behind my router.  When I visit a site that I host, it will show my internal gateway address of 192.168.1.1 even though my machines IP address is 192.168.1.100.

Rumbaar

Quote from: wakewatcher on November 29, 2008, 06:42:05 PMIs this a sessions problem or something?
Yes, and I'm sure a cookie based issue as well.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: