2B4 upgrade db question

Started by Pioden, November 30, 2008, 06:05:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pioden

As a total upgrade of my site I'm considering changing the forum to 2b4 (from 1.1.7). Can I convert my existing (large) db to the new format - as if I was converting from another forum package? I can't see any tools to do this in the new package and can't find anything in the support forum.

TIA

Huw

Kermit

You can upgrade your site from 1.1.7 to 2.0 Beta 4 with Larger Upgrade,but be aware of this note here

QuoteNote: As this is in early beta we do not suggest running SMF 2.0 Beta 4 Public on a production site.

http://download.simplemachines.org/index.php?thanks;filename=smf_2-0-beta4p_upgrade.zip
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

rommul

forget about beta4, wait for the RC1 at least sometime next year.

Pioden

Wah. I'm really not sure whether to go for 2B4 or to stick with 1.1.7.

Doesn't this forum run on 2B4? Some people are already saying that 2B4 is better than 1.1.x. What do people think here?

Kermit

Yep,it's better than 1.1.7,a lot of new features etc.,but,it's still beta and what has supposed to mean,there are still a couple of bugs with 2.0 Beta 4 (also not stable enough,to be a RC = Release Candidate),that's why you should'nt use it on your production site,until the RC version is released
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Advertisement: