News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Now I can't access my forum at ALL HELP!

Started by TeaTephi, December 02, 2008, 05:20:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TeaTephi

Ok I have godaddy.com, and I was using their built in PHPMYADMIN to delete an awards table, so that I could install a mod.
THEN  I changed my Database password.

Now SMF can't access the Database!  I get this error when I go to my forum :
QuoteConnection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

The tech support at godaddy said I have to change the coding somewhere in SMF with the new password because  I "broke the string"!

What file do I need to change??
Please Help!
SMF 2.0.2 | TinyPortal 1.107 Veterans day theme Opera 11.50
Mods:Profile Comments.....AEVA Media 2.10.....Activity in profile.....join-reason....Bookmarks 2.3.....SA Chat    Beta 4-1 Rev43....Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.1.....SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod

Thank you guys for all your support and development that you do.  I love my forum, and am so thankful to have a place to ask my questions.  I do love SMF 2.0 it's smoother and all my members love it!

DrP3cker

TeaTephi

I'm looking at settings.php, but I don't see where I have to input a password?
Mods:Profile Comments.....AEVA Media 2.10.....Activity in profile.....join-reason....Bookmarks 2.3.....SA Chat    Beta 4-1 Rev43....Tapatalk SMF 2.0 RC4/RC5/Final Plugin    3.0.1.....SMFPacks Likes Lite Mod

Thank you guys for all your support and development that you do.  I love my forum, and am so thankful to have a place to ask my questions.  I do love SMF 2.0 it's smoother and all my members love it!

DrP3cker

MY settings.php looks very different.  What version of SMF are you using?

Mine has:

########## Database Info ##########
$db_server = 'xxx';
$db_name = 'xxx';
$db_user = 'xxx';
$db_passwd = 'xxx';
$db_prefix = 'smf_';
$db_persist = '0';
$db_error_send = 1;

TeaTephi

I looked at the wrong settings file.  what is the exact path?

SMF 1.1.7
TP 0.9.8
Manuscript theme

RustyBarnacle

Its in the root of where you installed the forum.

DrP3cker

In the root directory of your SMF installation.

Edit: Too slow.

TeaTephi

DrP3cker

In return I need you to fix my installation! Damn premature header ends.

TeaTephi

What's the thread?  I could look at it, although I'm a newbie too! LOL

DrP3cker

Na dont worry - hopefully someone can help me with it.  The site works for everyone but me and its my bloody website!

http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=277611.0

TeaTephi

I looked at it, and I don't have a clue, but someone will get to you.  Everyone is pretty helpful here.
Good Luck!

RustyBarnacle

I looked at it briefly too but you went to the beta and I haven't worked with the beta yet.

Advertisement: