News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Auto Merge Double Post

Started by M-DVD, December 03, 2008, 10:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

L'AltroWeb

Hi!
I have installing this mod but i don't see how i can enable also for Admin:
Quote$txt['AutoMergePost_4all'] = 'Ignore Double Post Permission';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all_sub'] = 'Always Merge Double Post, even the Administratortor';
::)

M-DVD

Quote from: netoya on January 20, 2009, 05:06:07 AM
yes, I have checked it many times but merging works only then "Ignore Double Post Permission" is on.
I attached my files, waiting for your help.

I have also checked yours files, and are fine.

You have checked the permissions of membergroups?

Quote from: Dark-Wolf on January 21, 2009, 08:14:18 AM
Hi!
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all_sub'] = 'Always Merge Double Post, even the Administratortor';

Hi.

This function doesn't work? The text doesn't appear?

Are there info in the error log?

--

Important: The MOD 'Double Post Stopper' also uses  the permission 'doublePost', if you had installed this mod before, the permissions work equals. I realize this, and this may be good or bad, depending on your point of view.

--

Quote from: mark7144 on January 21, 2009, 04:26:46 AM
What are you on about? My request has always been for you to include the functionality I want into your existing Double Post mod but you have rejected my request. Instead, you have given me a solution that requires too much effort - I don't want to install 2 mods and hack one of them just so that I can get something that should logically be included in 1 mod.

You want bumps topics, to have notice of new information. Done

Don't like this, because you don't want to have notice (bump) of New information, but only to have notice of Post Merge. Done

But neither you like, because you want this included in the package. And I have explained it to you: If I will profit to you, then I damage to others. If I profit to others, don't damage to you. In addition, I have explained because it is illogical to accept this request.

Is it too much effort? Ok, the life isn't easy. Nor I do the clicks for you.

There are cases where you have to manually install MODs. In these cases you request a MOD that is installed on your particular forum?

The answer is NOT. End.

L'AltroWeb

Quote from: M-DVD on January 22, 2009, 12:09:35 PM
Quote from: Dark-Wolf on January 21, 2009, 08:14:18 AM
Hi!

Hi.

This function doesn't work? The text doesn't appear?

Are there info in the error log?
No error in error log.
Simply i don't found this function in admin panel :(
-
PS: from first post:

Quote* Also You can set a text of division in the Merge Post.
      Admin > Posts and Topics > Post Settings
I have this option in:  Admin > Posts and Topics > Topic Settings  ???

See screenshot:

M-DVD

Quote from: Dark-Wolf on January 22, 2009, 12:17:11 PM
No error in error log.
Simply i don't found this function in admin panel :(
-
PS: from first post:

Quote* Also You can set a text of division in the Merge Post.
      Admin > Posts and Topics > Post Settings
I have this option in:  Admin > Posts and Topics > Topic Settings  ???

See screenshot:

Oh, ok.

I think you've installed the version: v1.1.

You must install the version v1.2  :)

L'AltroWeb

I'm Really sorry! My error (ver.1.0), now is ok :)

netoya

M-DVD, may I check the permissions of membergroups in databese using phpmyadmin? In ACP I allowed these rights to the groups.

M-DVD

Quote from: Dark-Wolf on January 22, 2009, 12:58:15 PM
I'm Really sorry! My error (ver.1.0), now is ok :)

No problem  :)

Quote from: netoya on January 22, 2009, 02:10:06 PM
M-DVD, may I check the permissions of membergroups in databese using phpmyadmin? In ACP I allowed these rights to the groups.

Yes, you can use this code:

SELECT *
FROM `smf_board_permissions`
WHERE `permission` = 'doublePost'

netoya

I checked it in database, nothing changes when I disable or enable this permissions:(
It always
permission addDeny
doublePost     1

I have no problems with other permissions

M-DVD

ID_GROUPID_BOARDpermissionaddDeny
20doublePost   1
50doublePost   1

In this case the membergroup 2 and 5, have permissions of Double Post (not Merge post)

--

I reviewed the MOD and it works well, and I have reviewed your files and go well. So it's a mystery.

Why not try installing automatically?

netoya

I have a strongly modified skin, so I'm afraid to install automatically.
But I will try in that case.

netoya

I installed automatoaly, but have the same result.

It is my fault, I dont understend the meaning of "Allow to do Double Post" option. Now it works fine. :)

M-DVD

Quote from: netoya on January 23, 2009, 11:52:14 AM
I installed automatoaly, but have the same result.

It is my fault, I dont understend the meaning of "Allow to do Double Post" option. Now it works fine. :)

XD Ok, i am glad that has been solved.

ccraciun

What do you mean by double post?
I would like to use this mod to prevent users for adding "bla... bla..." like messages, intended to increase their posts number. It would be great that messages posted at less then 10 minutes (for instance...) to be merged into only one.

This mod provides this feature by the time between posts, or by the text of the messages? Because the users may bump the topic with different sentences, like: "up", or "anyone here?"...

svobodniy

Is it possible to write something like "added 5 minutes later"?

M-DVD

Quote from: ccraciun on January 28, 2009, 01:01:34 PM

More than a post followed, by the same author in the same topic. With any text. :P

I would like to use this mod to prevent users for adding "bla... bla..." like messages, intended to increase their posts number. It would be great that messages posted at less then 10 minutes (for instance...) to be merged into only one.

This mod provides this feature by the time between posts, or by the text of the messages? Because the users may bump the topic with different sentences, like: "up", or "anyone here?"...

(I think) most of what you say, already fulfills this MOD.

You can set the amount of time, and all doublepost before that time will be merged after that time if permitted doublepost.

The MOD working with the time, not with the text. With the text would be very easy to circumvent the MOD.

if you like, could you give me one example where it makes sense (according to the text) allow a doublepost and in cases that make mergepost? (and not take account of the time).   

Quote from: svobodniy on January 28, 2009, 05:15:25 PM
Is it possible to write something like "added 5 minutes later"?

I can try add this variable :)

svobodniy

Nao 尚

You're asking for the equivalent of my mod's [mergedate], actually?
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

svobodniy

Nao 尚

On page 3
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278227.msg1843408#msg1843408

But it's SMF2-only.
I also posted the original SMF1-only version (not made by me) a few pages later, but it doesn't have the [mergedate] feature.

That was the whole point of half of this topic -- should I make a SMF1 version of my SMF2 mod? Or should I let M-DVD use my ideas for his own mod? I was ready for that, but I think he changes his mind in the meantime so I may have to do it myself.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

ccraciun

Quote from: M-DVD on January 28, 2009, 07:58:07 PM
More than a post followed, by the same author in the same topic. With any text. :P
if you like, could you give me one example where it makes sense (according to the text) allow a doublepost and in cases that make mergepost? (and not take account of the time).   
Many thanks!
Now it's clear to me...

I don't have such an example and i don't think it would worth the effort to add such a feature; if anyone wants to distinguish a merged post, could add some bolded text as: "later edit", or better as svobodniy suggested, a sentence like "added x minutes later".
I didn't had a clear idea about how this mod works and that's why i asked.
Congratulations for creating such a useful mod!

Advertisement: