Auto Merge Double Post

Started by M-DVD, December 03, 2008, 10:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mark7144

Quote from: Nao 尚 on December 20, 2008, 11:14:48 AM
I'm also spending time looking into Facebook interconnection
Fantastic, I'm extremely interested in SMF using Facebook Connect.

Nao 尚

Yeah that's what I'm looking into... It looks possible to do it (I think a couple of hours will be enough to integrate it), but I'm not sure it can be made as a mod.
So I'm looking into adding it to one of my boards (either cynarhum.com or noisen.com) first, and then I'll think about sharing my knowledge with the community.
noisen.com already supports OpenID (thanks to a SMF2 feature), maybe I could plug fbConnect into the same code or something. (So, yeah, before you ask--if I ever do a mod out of it, if it's possible, then it will be SMF2 only. But I probably won't get this out for a few months, so maybe SMF2 Final will be out by then :P)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

M-DVD

Quote from: mark7144 on December 20, 2008, 10:49:30 AM
This mod advertises the fact that people can't bump topics but is that really an issue for most of us admins? Surely that sort of behaviour is limited to support type forums and therefore most of us downloading this mod actually want the topic to be bumped.

The MOD advertises that double post (flood, bump, blah) will be automatically merged with the prev post.

If this is not what you want, then you have using the mod that you should not.

Sorry if I'm not being clear, what I want is when you merge two posts, the latest post stays which therefore bumps the topic. Currently when you merge two posts, the latest post is moved into the first meaning a new reply is not signalled.

In programming and technology should aim at efficiency. The mission to fulfill is Auto Merge DoublePost. The current way to make that task is better than it you say.

It reads as "mania geek", but has led to technology to where it is today.

Besides, it sounds like something small, something small that can avoid to Administrator changing the Host plan, with more resources, more RAM, more CPU and more $$$$.

Therefore, I say that I will not add anything, in a way that makes very "heavy" a simple function.

Nao, it seems M-DVD is not keen on adding this to his mod so yes, it would be awesome if you could release yours to work with 1.1.7.

I have not refusing to add certain features. I said to check the codes Nao's, to see that I can add.

Also I said that this feature is good for "Merge Post", but also when "Modify Last Post"; or not? Why should it be unique to "Merge Post"? Maybe someone wants this feature to all cases, not only for the case of the Merge.

--

Note: And if Nao want make a MOD with his style and codes, then I am happy. I am among those who thinks it's good, if there are many alternatives and the people are free to choose.

I am glad that the interest in the "Merge Post" has "reborn". Since this issue was "abandoned" for many months and year; and were many requests of a MOD to do this work.

Nao 尚

Quote from: M-DVD on December 20, 2008, 12:02:50 PM
Note: And if Nao want make a MOD with his style and codes, then I am happy. I am among those who thinks it's good, if there are many alternatives and the people are free to choose.

I am glad that the interest in the "Merge Post" has "reborn". Since this issue was "abandoned" for many months and year; and were many requests of a MOD to do this work.
The feeling is mutual.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Relyana

Romanian-utf8

$txt['permissionname_doublePost'] = 'Permite efectuarea de posturi duble';
$txt['permissionhelp_doublePost'] = 'Activarea acesteia le va permite să posteze dublu.';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div'] = 'Adăugaţi text atunci când uniţi posturile';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div_sub'] = 'Aveţi posibilitatea să utilizaţi BBC şi variabila $date';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time'] = 'Timpul pentru a permite Postarea Dublă şi relansarea Subiectului';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time_sub'] = 'Timp 0 pentru a dezactiva MODIFICAREA şi 9999 pentru a nu o permite niciodată';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all'] = 'Ignoraţi Permisiunea de Postare Dublă';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all_sub'] = 'Uneşte întotdeauna Posturile Duble, inclusiv ale Administratorului';

M-DVD

Quote from: Relyana on December 26, 2008, 03:18:55 PM
Romanian-utf8

$txt['permissionhelp_doublePost'] = 'Activarea acesteia le va permite să posteze dublu.';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div_sub'] = 'Aveţi posibilitatea să utilizaţi BBC şi variabila $date';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time'] = 'Timpul pentru a permite Postarea Dublă şi relansarea Subiectului';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time_sub'] = 'Timp 0 pentru a dezactiva MODIFICAREA şi 9999 pentru a nu o permite niciodată';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all_sub'] = 'Uneşte întotdeauna Posturile Duble, inclusiv ale Administratorului';

Thanks  :D

Translations Portuguese_Brazilian (by theo2f) and Romanian (by Relyana) have been added.

taha116

Quote from: Nao 尚 on December 19, 2008, 05:07:46 PM
Aeva 4 Wordpress?
1/ WHAT?!
2/ Err, this is irrelevant to this topic...

YEah sorry off topic but cant you make something similar for wordpress?
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has though of someone to blame things on"
I forgot the name
BUY electronic cigarettes with rechargeable batteries as well as flavored refills for cheap prices and only 1-2 dollars of shipping!
http://www.ngcigarettes.com/
~Taha116

AlaStar

Translation Portuguese_Portugal  :P

// MOD Auto Merge Double Post - Translation by AlaStar
$txt['permissionname_doublePost'] = 'Permitir fazer Double Post';
$txt['permissionhelp_doublePost'] = 'Com esta opção activa permite a todos que façam Double Post.';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div'] = 'Adicionar texto quando une o post';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div_sub'] = 'Podes usar BBC e a variável $date';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time'] = 'Tempo que vai demorar a unir o Double Post no Tópico';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time_sub'] = 'Tempo 0 para desactivar o MOD e 9999 para nunca permitir';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all'] = 'Ignorar a permissão do Double Post';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all_sub'] = 'Unir sempre o(s) Double Post, incluindo o(s) do(s) Administrador(es)';

taha116

Has something been updated yesterday that i should know about???
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has though of someone to blame things on"
I forgot the name
BUY electronic cigarettes with rechargeable batteries as well as flavored refills for cheap prices and only 1-2 dollars of shipping!
~Taha116

M-DVD

Quote from: AlaStar on December 28, 2008, 05:05:48 AM

$txt['permissionhelp_doublePost'] = 'Com esta opção activa permite a todos que façam Double Post.';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time'] = 'Tempo que vai demorar a unir o Double Post no Tópico';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time_sub'] = 'Tempo 0 para desactivar o MOD e 9999 para nunca permitir';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all_sub'] = 'Unir sempre o(s) Double Post, incluindo o(s) do(s) Administrador(es)';

Thanks, I upgrade in a few hours.   :)

Quote from: taha116 on December 28, 2008, 11:48:54 AM
Has something been updated yesterday that i should know about???

No, only Languajes.zip file has been updated.

DistantJ

Would it be possible to mod this into something which DOES bump the topic, but merges the two posts?

As in, so that the user replying to his post will cause the topic to be bumped, but for it to be added into their previous post rather than having a whole new row for them, like the old, no longer compatible "Auto Merge Double Post" feature did?

Nao 尚

Attempting to turn this into better English... Anyone, feel free to improve on that.
$txt['permissionname_doublePost'] = 'Allow Double Posts';
$txt['permissionhelp_doublePost'] = 'Enable this to allow users to post several messages in a row.';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div'] = 'Add text when merging posts';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div_sub'] = 'You can use BBCode and the $date variable.';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time'] = 'Time until Double Posts and Bumps';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time_sub'] = 'Delay after which Double Posts and Topic Bumps are allowed. Set to 0 to disable the mod, and 9999 to always disallow.';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all'] = 'Ignore Double Post Permission';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all_sub'] = 'Always merge Double Posts, even for administrators.';

French
$txt['permissionname_doublePost'] = 'Autoriser les Double Posts';
$txt['permissionhelp_doublePost'] = 'Activer pour autoriser l\'utilisateur à poster plusieurs messages d\'affilée.';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div'] = 'Ajouter du texte lors d\'une fusion';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div_sub'] = 'Vous pouvez utiliser du BBCode et la variable $date.';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time'] = 'Délai max. pour Double Posts et Bumps';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time_sub'] = 'Délai au-delà duquel les Double Posts et Bumps (relances) de sujets seront autorisés. Mettez à 0 pour désactiver le mod, ou 9999 pour toujours l\'activer.';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all'] = 'Ignorer les permissions Double Post';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all_sub'] = 'Toujours fusionner les Double Posts, même pour les administrateurs.';

@distantJ> Use the "Merge Double Posts" mod for this. I posted it somewhere before in this topic.

M-DVD

Quote from: Relyana on December 26, 2008, 03:18:55 PM
Romanian-utf8

Quote from: AlaStar on December 28, 2008, 05:05:48 AM

Quote from: Nao 尚 on December 28, 2008, 05:37:40 PM
French
$txt['permissionname_doublePost'] = 'Autoriser les Double Posts';
$txt['permissionhelp_doublePost'] = 'Activer pour autoriser l\'utilisateur à poster plusieurs messages d\'affilée.';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div'] = 'Ajouter du texte lors d\'une fusion';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div_sub'] = 'Vous pouvez utiliser du BBCode et la variable $date.';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time'] = 'Délai max. pour Double Posts et Bumps';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time_sub'] = 'Délai au-delà duquel les Double Posts et Bumps (relances) de sujets seront autorisés. Mettez à 0 pour désactiver le mod, ou 9999 pour toujours l\'activer.';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all'] = 'Ignorer les permissions Double Post';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all_sub'] = 'Toujours fusionner les Double Posts, même pour les administrateurs.';

Thanks for translate  :D

Quote from: DistantJ on December 28, 2008, 04:45:54 PM
Would it be possible to mod this into something which DOES bump the topic, but merges the two posts?

As in, so that the user replying to his post will cause the topic to be bumped, but for it to be added into their previous post rather than having a whole new row for them, like the old, no longer compatible "Auto Merge Double Post" feature did?

Yes, I can do it, but, I would not made for this MOD; I think that it is not unique feature for this mod (and if the user not "Double Posted" and modify his message, you do not want bump into this case?). Soon you will have this functionality.

taha116

How do i make use of these language packs?
I forgot the name
~Taha116

M-DVD

Quote from: taha116 on December 30, 2008, 12:45:24 PM
How do i make use of these language packs?

1.- Download language_full.zip and PackMOD_v???.zip (in this case AutoMergeDoublePost_vXX.zip)

2.- UnZip language_full.zip Files

3.- Zip this Files in AutoMergeDoublePost_vXX.zip

4.- Install the Package AutoMergeDoublePost_vXX.zip.

:)

Kalina

I had this problem with this modification before and uninstalled it, I figured by now it was fixed so I just installed this modification again and am having this problem where members are told "the time limit has passed for an edit" when they try to post an update to their threads... therefore it doesn't let them even post, it's calling their attempt to post, an "edit"... it's supposed to just merge their double post I thought. I have it set to 1 day, my understanding is if 24 hours have passed since their last post, it will let them post as normal and only act via merging if it's been under 24 hours since their last post.

Am I doing something wrong?

M-DVD

Quote from: Kalina on January 03, 2009, 05:22:22 PM
I had this problem with this modification before and uninstalled it, I figured by now it was fixed so I just installed this modification again and am having this problem where members are told "the time limit has passed for an edit" when they try to post an update to their threads... therefore it doesn't let them even post, it's calling their attempt to post, an "edit"... it's supposed to just merge their double post I thought. I have it set to 1 day, my understanding is if 24 hours have passed since their last post, it will let them post as normal and only act via merging if it's been under 24 hours since their last post.

Am I doing something wrong?

Is correct, as you has told, it seems that everything is done well and should work as it should.

Abstract:
Day X: Time: 03:00
      The user creates the Post
Day X: Time: 05:30
      The user tries post again (double post).
      The MOD merge the posts (editing) with the prev post.
Day X: Time: 21:20
      The MOD merge the posts (editing) with the prev post. Again.

Day X + 1: Time: 03:00
      Now the MOD allows double post.

--

I cannot reproduce the error you say.

I can see your forum? (URL and user / pass test)

Kalina

M-DVD, sure, I will pm you that info. Thank you. :)

ZeUsSaN

Ukrainian
// MOD Auto Merge Double Post - Translation by ZeUsSaN
$txt['permissionname_doublePost'] = 'Дозволити відправку подвійних повідомлень';
$txt['permissionhelp_doublePost'] = 'Вмикаючи данну функцію, Ви дозволяєте відправку подвійних повідомлень';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div'] = 'Додавати текст при об\'єднанні повідомлень';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div_sub'] = 'Ви можете використовувати BB код і змінну $date';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time'] = 'Час, після якого повідомлення не будуть об\'єднуватися';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time_sub'] = 'Встановіть 0 для того щоб вимкнути модицікацію і 9999 щоб об\'єднувати завжди';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all'] = 'Ігнорувати права налаштування прав для об\'єднання повідомлень';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all_sub'] = 'Завжди об\'єднувати, в тому числі Адміністратора';

M-DVD

Quote from: ZeUsSaN on January 07, 2009, 06:19:07 AM
Ukrainian
// MOD Auto Merge Double Post - Translation by ZeUsSaN
$txt['permissionname_doublePost'] = 'Дозволити відправку подвійних повідомлень';
$txt['permissionhelp_doublePost'] = 'Вмикаючи данну функцію, Ви дозволяєте відправку подвійних повідомлень';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div'] = 'Додавати текст при об\'єднанні повідомлень';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div_sub'] = 'Ви можете використовувати BB код і змінну $date';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time'] = 'Час, після якого повідомлення не будуть об\'єднуватися';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time_sub'] = 'Встановіть 0 для того щоб вимкнути модицікацію і 9999 щоб об\'єднувати завжди';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all'] = 'Ігнорувати права налаштування прав для об\'єднання повідомлень';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all_sub'] = 'Завжди об\'єднувати, в тому числі Адміністратора';

Thanks for translate :D

--

Quote from: mark7144 on December 19, 2008, 11:52:45 AM
Nice one M-DVD, are you going to add a feature so the topic will be bumped on double post merge, just like Nao's?

I think that would be a major improvement as I'm sure so many of us admin would like that.

Quote from: AlenNS on December 18, 2008, 10:42:26 AM
This is great ideas. If post 1 would be deleted after merging it would be always shown on recent post list.

Quote from: DistantJ on December 28, 2008, 04:45:54 PM

You can use this MOD Notify Modification Last Post. Is more specific to that role and more configurable as you like.

Works when the last post is edit, with or without fusion.

Advertisement: