News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Auto Merge Double Post

Started by M-DVD, December 03, 2008, 10:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nao 尚

Quote from: ccraciun on January 29, 2009, 04:28:06 AM
I don't have such an example and i don't think it would worth the effort to add such a feature; if anyone wants to distinguish a merged post, could add some bolded text as: "later edit", or better as svobodniy suggested, a sentence like "added x minutes later".
Then, same answer: if you use SMF2, check out my mod.
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

svobodniy

Eh :( I use 1.1.7... And i don't understand how to install
Quote from: Nao 尚 on January 29, 2009, 04:10:40 AM
the original SMF1-only version

Nao 尚

The SMF1 version was posted here:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278227.msg1872652#msg1872652

It does have the original date indicated, but it doesn't have the associated [mergedate] bbc, which is stylable and translatable. (Is this proper English?)
Still, it works, that's what matters eh ;)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

mark7144

Nao: As I posted earlier in this thread, your mod does not work with 1.1.7

Installations actions for "Merge Double Posts RE":
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Nao 尚

Quote from: mark7144 on January 29, 2009, 08:17:27 AM
Nao: As I posted earlier in this thread, your mod does not work with 1.1.7
Installations actions for "Merge Double Posts RE":
The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

If you're talking about the 1.1 version, then it shouldn't say that...
Try to force the version number. If SMF1 doesn't have that feature, edit the package-info.xml file to that end.

Nao 尚

I just fixed someone's issue. I thought he had taken all steps to ensure it should work (i.e. implement the fixes mentioned in the readme file that appears after installation is completed). Of course, it wasn't done, so I wasted over an hour just trying the find the cause.

So, basically, I'm a bit blue now. I'll pass on this one.

Beer

SMF 1.1.7 Install - OK!
Admin messages in forum - no problem. User if added message in your message date 25/01/2009 - problem: "You may not modify this post as the time limit for edits has passed."
:(

ccraciun

Quote from: Beer on January 29, 2009, 04:11:02 PM
SMF 1.1.7 Install - OK!
Admin messages in forum - no problem. User if added message in your message date 25/01/2009 - problem: "You may not modify this post as the time limit for edits has passed."
Which are the edit (from SMF's admin page) and merge topics (from mod's admin page) time that are you using?

M-DVD

Quote from: ccraciun on January 29, 2009, 04:28:06 AM

Many thanks!
Now it's clear to me...

I don't have such an example and i don't think it would worth the effort to add such a feature; if anyone wants to distinguish a merged post, could add some bolded text as: "later edit", or better as svobodniy suggested, a sentence like "added x minutes later".
I didn't had a clear idea about how this mod works and that's why i asked.
Congratulations for creating such a useful mod!

Thanks.

Now already you can set a separate text, the text can even add the date, but not in the manner suggested svobodniy.

Quote from: Nao 尚 on January 29, 2009, 02:56:39 AM
You're asking for the equivalent of my mod's [mergedate], actually?

No, he wants something different.

Currently, my MOD (and the MDP MOD), write the "merge date". (ie, January, 29, 2009 at 07:35:13)

svobodniy wants, the time that happened since the merger. (ie, 5 minutes later)

Quote from: svobodniy on January 29, 2009, 05:37:18 AM
Eh :( I use 1.1.7... And i don't understand how to install
Quote from: Nao 尚 on January 29, 2009, 04:10:40 AM
the original SMF1-only version

The feature that you want, currently hasn't it no MOD.

Therefore, you can use my MOD. Works on all versions and has support.

Quote from: Beer on January 29, 2009, 04:11:02 PM
SMF 1.1.7 Install - OK!

With so many suggestions, I have no idea which MOD you are using.

What MOD you are using?

ccraciun

Quote from: M-DVD on January 29, 2009, 07:35:13 PM
With so many suggestions, I have no idea which MOD you are using.
What MOD you are using?
I have to agree that this is something that needs to be clarified; for me (and i guess for all) it wouldn't matter too much who's credit it is, but would matter that this topic treats the issues related to THE MOD and not other issues. And after all, we should know where should we send a xmas gift... in Spain, or in France? :)

Beer

QuoteSMF 1.1.7 Install - OK!
My settings Double Post:

Nao 尚

Quote from: ccraciun on January 30, 2009, 03:19:14 AM
I have to agree that this is something that needs to be clarified; for me (and i guess for all) it wouldn't matter too much who's credit it is, but would matter that this topic treats the issues related to THE MOD and not other issues. And after all, we should know where should we send a xmas gift... in Spain, or in France? :)
I'm not trying to bring any confusion. Originally M-DVD was going to integrate my stuff into his mod, so I saw no point for a new topic.

LOVELORD

mark7144

Quote from: Nao 尚 on January 29, 2009, 08:38:14 AM
If you're talking about the 1.1 version, then it shouldn't say that...
Try to force the version number. If SMF1 doesn't have that feature, edit the package-info.xml file to that end.
I'm talking about DoublePostMerge108_RE_UTF.zip and I'm not sure what you are suggesting that I do?

Nao 尚

Open the zip, edit package-info.xml, find the version number stuff, replace with something generic like in Aeva (check out its package-info.xml file), save, rezip, upload, install.

M-DVD

Quote from: Beer on January 30, 2009, 03:59:52 AM
QuoteSMF 1.1.7 Install - OK!
My settings Double Post:

Try set: Maximun time after posting to allow edit in 0.

Redone that you did and tell me if the error showed.

Quote from: LOVELORD on January 30, 2009, 04:38:14 AM
Serbian translation...  >:(

Thanks for translate.  :D

Is the serbian_cyrilic okay? I only see these signs --> ????? 0 ?? ??

Is because I not have this fonts? or that either were not saved?

LOVELORD

Quote from: M-DVD on January 30, 2009, 10:29:59 AM

Quote from: LOVELORD on January 30, 2009, 04:38:14 AM
Serbian translation...  >:(

Thanks for translate.  :D

Is the serbian_cyrilic okay? I only see these signs --> ????? 0 ?? ??

Is because I not have this fonts? or that either were not saved?

I'll try on my forum and it works...

I will do next day utf-8 cyrilic, and laso latinic and i will attach on that post..

M-DVD

Ok, then should be, I not have install these fonts (cannot think otherwise).

PD: The serbian_latinic is fine.

$txt['permissionname_doublePost'] = 'Dozvoliti duple postove';
$txt['permissionhelp_doublePost'] = 'Omogu&#263vanjem ovoga omogu&#263i&#263ete duple postove.';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div'] = 'Dodaj tekst kada spaja&#353 postove';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div_sub'] = 'Mo&#382ete koristiti BBC i $datumske varijable';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time'] = 'Vreme koje &#263e dozvoliti Dupli Post i Smanjiti Temu';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time_sub'] = 'Vreme 0 da bi onemogu&#263ili MOD i 9999 da nikada ne dozvoli';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all'] = 'Ignori&#353i dozvole za Dupli Post';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all_sub'] = 'Uvek spajaj Duple Postove, uklju&#269uju&#263i i administratorove';

but the cyrilic i see bad  :(

$txt['permissionname_doublePost'] = '??????? ????? ???????';
$txt['permissionhelp_doublePost'] = '???????????? ????? ???????????? ????? ???????.';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div'] = '????? ????? ???? ?????? ???????';
$txt['AutoMergePost_div_sub'] = '?????? ????????? BBC i $???????? ?????????';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time'] = '????? ???? ?? ????????? ????? ???? ? ??????? ????';
$txt['AutoMergePost_time_sub'] = '????? 0 ?? ?? ??????????? da bi ??? ? 9999 ?? ?????? ?? ???????';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all'] = '???????? ??????? ?? ????? ????';
$txt['AutoMergePost_4all_sub'] = '???? ?????? ????? ???????, ??????????? ? ????????????????';

you will can download languaje_full.zip and add your texts and attach.  :)

LOVELORD

svobodniy

Quote from: M-DVD on January 29, 2009, 07:35:13 PM
svobodniy wants, the time that happened since the merger. (ie, 5 minutes later)
Do you try to do it?

Advertisement: