News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Auto Merge Double Post

Started by M-DVD, December 03, 2008, 10:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M-DVD

I don't think that before a month, maybe two, i have backlog ::)

Eclipse16V

I have a problem with the [time] Code.  :-[
Auto Merge Double Post = Newest Version
SMF = Newest Version
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

M-DVD

Afaik this is a problem with bbcode time.

I will check it.

Enders

Uhh is there a way to mark the merged post as a new post?

Nao 尚

Yes, use the alternative mod that was posted in the first pages. It is mentioned here on a regular basis ;)
(Must be annoying in the long run for you, M-DVD -- my sympathies to you.)
I will not make any deals with you. I've resigned. I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered.

Aeva Media rocks your life.

Eclipse16V

Quote from: M-DVD on May 02, 2009, 07:49:54 PM
Afaik this is a problem with bbcode time.

I will check it.
Any news?
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Autumn13

I have used this mod time and time again, and in my member's journal area, there's always a problem with it for some reason. Here is what a member told me:

Quotedont know if this is a glitch or not................
been trying to write in my journal.............. I was the laast to make a post, over a week ago and now i'm getting anerror message saying time for modification has elapsed..........

ERROR MESSAGE:
you may not modify this post as the time limit for edits has passed

Her last entry was on about a week ago.

I have not messed with the original settings since I installed it just yesterday, but I did uncheck Ignore Double Post Permission to see if that might help.

Any idea what could be the problem?

M-DVD

Quote from: Enders on May 28, 2009, 06:42:34 PM
Uhh is there a way to mark the merged post as a new post?

You can try this :)
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278227.msg1882609#msg1882609

--

Quote from: Eclipse16V on May 29, 2009, 03:58:40 AM
Any news?

:P, today I will check it.

--

Quote from: Autumn13 on June 01, 2009, 11:01:38 AM
I have used this mod time and time again, and in my member's journal area, there's always a problem with it for some reason. Here is what a member told me:

Quotedont know if this is a glitch or not................
been trying to write in my journal.............. I was the laast to make a post, over a week ago and now i'm getting anerror message saying time for modification has elapsed..........

ERROR MESSAGE:
you may not modify this post as the time limit for edits has passed

Her last entry was on about a week ago.

I have not messed with the original settings since I installed it just yesterday, but I did uncheck Ignore Double Post Permission to see if that might help.

Any idea what could be the problem?

You can try this, and tell me :)
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278227.msg1910620#msg1910620

Autumn13

Quote from: M-DVD on June 01, 2009, 06:46:18 PM
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278227.msg1910620#msg1910620

Thank you for being so sweet and getting back to me. However, I am using smf 1.1.9, and when I open Sources/Subs-Post.php, the code you said to search for does not turn up, so I am a bit lost.

Thank you so much for replying. I would appreciate it so much if we can figure this out. This mod is so useful!

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Eclipse16V

Are there already any pieces of news?

Thanks
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

M-DVD

Quote from: Autumn13 on June 01, 2009, 10:46:00 PM
Quote from: M-DVD on June 01, 2009, 06:46:18 PM

Thank you for being so sweet and getting back to me. However, I am using smf 1.1.9, and when I open Sources/Subs-Post.php, the code you said to search for does not turn up, so I am a bit lost.

Thank you so much for replying. I would appreciate it so much if we can figure this out. This mod is so useful!

This code exists, only if already you have installed the mod.

If you like, you can attach this file, and I will check.

--

Quote from: Eclipse16V on June 03, 2009, 12:01:25 AM
Are there already any pieces of news?

Thanks

The other day, I could reproduce this error on your forum.

However, I have been trying on my test forum, I even changed the language to German, but I couldn't to reproduce the issue yet. ::)

Eclipse16V

I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

Autumn13

Quote from: M-DVD on June 03, 2009, 10:52:34 PM
This code exists, only if already you have installed the mod.

If you like, you can attach this file, and I will check.

Ah, that was my fault. I could have sworn I did this while the Mod was applied, but apparently not.

Fixed, put in your suggestion and will report back.

Autumn13

All is working fine! It did the trick!

However, I'd like for the merged post to automatically bump the topic. I searched in this topic for key words and came up with only the first post....I was sure I had read the solution in here before....any help from anyone on that? :-[ Sorry

Autumn13

Ah, finally found the way to fix it. Thanks!

M-DVD

Quote from: Autumn13 on June 04, 2009, 10:28:41 PM
Ah, that was my fault. I could have sworn I did this while the Mod was applied, but apparently not.

Fixed, put in your suggestion and will report back.

No problem.

Quote from: Autumn13 on June 07, 2009, 02:02:58 PM
Ah, finally found the way to fix it. Thanks!

Your welcome :)

Autumn13

My goodness, M-DVD, I am so sorry to keep bumping this topic!

Everything functions now like it should, except my forum members are now complaining about a code coming up at the very top of the page. I have experienced this myself, personally, but usually when I am sending PMs.
$_REQUEST['msg'] = $_GET['msg'] = $row['id_last_msg'];   
Users who use IE complain this message is in a rather large font. I use Firefox and the font is normal.

A member gave me this report
QuoteI get the message each and every time I change windows, whether I'm trying to read other people's posts, post in my journal or reply to something.

When I go to change places within the forum (changing topics or whatever) it first gives me a blank screen with that error message, then the normal forum page(s) appear but the error message stays in the upper right corner of the screen. I use IE at work and Firefox at home and am seeing the error message in both places.

As far as the font goes, it shows this very large font - looks like about 16 pt on the screen - when I'm posting. It's identical to the font size used in the TMI warning box. But then once the post is actually "posted" it drops down to it's normal size.

Also, I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the insert quote from the actual post and when you are in full reply does not work.

I will double check the code when I get home...make sure I didn't add anything extra, but I followed your advice to the letter, so I do  not believe I made a mistake in the code, but of course I won't rule that out.

M-DVD

Can you give me link/user/pass and the steps to reproduce the problem?

Perhaps if I see it, I could know what was the mistake that was made.

Autumn13

I believe this is the file you wanted.

Advertisement: