News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Auto Merge Double Post

Started by M-DVD, December 03, 2008, 10:18:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

theone1984

I'm try install and got message error

anybody help me explain why i'm got error, i'm used ver 2.0.4

antivladinforum

Adrek

Polskie wsparcie SMF na simplemachines.org

the simplest solution is most likely the right one

Bluearrow

I use Geor'Gs updated one. and noticed a bug or something wrong in my end. Having a problem with Ignore maximum post size option.

If someone try to make a post with 20k characters you get this message about maximum post size and then member try to post in a new post Mod try to merge 2 posts and get that maximum post size message again. 

petb

Hi,

sorry, i have to ask, i am confused.
Is there a Solution/Workaround changing the MSG IDs under which the combined Post was stored ?
Or was this Patch/Workaround i found in this Thread (very old Posting Date) only for SMF 1.x

For example what i want to have is:

Post 1, posted yesterday.
Post 2 posted today.
I wanna be notified about the new Post2 as a new Post of this user and i want the combined Post be stored with the MSG ID of the New Post,
and wann have deleted the old Post(MSG ID).

Is this possible with a little change in the Code i can patch by myself ?

Thank You.

Jade Elizabeth

I installed this, everything except the manual button, and it's not working. What's up with that?
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Infinito

Hi all,

i use the 2.0.5 forum version and when i try to install mod, get the same error of theone1984. Is there a stable release for 2.0.5 or a similar mod to apply the merge o posts ??

margarett

Check this:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278227.msg3069688#msg3069688

Also, you should update your forum, at least to 2.0.6 which is a SECURITY update.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

rickmastfan67

Quote from: margarett on January 27, 2014, 10:59:11 AM
Check this:
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=278227.msg3069688#msg3069688

Also, you should update your forum, at least to 2.0.6 which is a SECURITY update.

It seems that the file in that post is causing problems upgrading to 2.0.7 from 2.0.6.
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=517626.0

luuuciano

Quote from: rickmastfan67 on January 27, 2014, 03:07:50 PM
It seems that the file in that post is causing problems upgrading to 2.0.7 from 2.0.6.

Well... any mod that changes upgraded sections will cause "problems upgrading xx to zz"...
You have to handle those issues "by hand"
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

rickmastfan67

Quote from: luuuciano on January 27, 2014, 06:13:06 PM
Quote from: rickmastfan67 on January 27, 2014, 03:07:50 PM

Well... any mod that changes upgraded sections will cause "problems upgrading xx to zz"...
You have to handle those issues "by hand"

I know.  I'd just thought I'd give everybody a heads up.

Avalanche91

Hello folks,

First of all - great work, very useful mod. There is only one little problem that I have noticed with this mod. After two posts are merged together automatically, I am not being notified about the new post when I click on the button that shows all unread posts (Show unread posts since last visit). The interesting thing is that I can see the icon for new posts while I am browsing the boards but the new post is not added in the unread section.

Any chances of fixing that? Thank you!

petb

Quote from: Avalanche91 on February 04, 2014, 06:55:18 AM
Hello folks,

First of all - great work, very useful mod. There is only one little problem that I have noticed with this mod. After two posts are merged together automatically, I am not being notified about the new post when I click on the button that shows all unread posts (Show unread posts since last visit). The interesting thing is that I can see the icon for new posts while I am browsing the boards but the new post is not added in the unread section.

Any chances of fixing that? Thank you!

I have the same Problem  ;)
So i thought about that in this Way
Quote from: petb on November 02, 2013, 03:54:53 PM
Hi,

sorry, i have to ask, i am confused.
Is there a Solution/Workaround changing the MSG IDs under which the combined Post was stored ?
Or was this Patch/Workaround i found in this Thread (very old Posting Date) only for SMF 1.x

For example what i want to have is:

Post 1, posted yesterday.
Post 2 posted today.
I wanna be notified about the new Post2 as a new Post of this user and i want the combined Post be stored with the MSG ID of the New Post,
and wann have deleted the old Post(MSG ID).

Is this possible with a little change in the Code i can patch by myself ?

Thank You.

But the only Solutions we got is to look at another Mod
Notify Modification Last Post
which makes every Edit with an behaviour like a new Post,
so then you will get the notification.
But this Mod also have some Problems  :'(

And another Problem was:
If you are using the Auto Merge Mod, and you have allowed Guests to Post Messages,
the Auto Merge Mod override the Spam Protection of the Forum.
The Anti Spam Captcha and the Questions wont work anymore.
Guests can type in the Fields whatever they want and are able to post.

After a Look at the Code,
i believe this is because the Mod Functions are inserted int the Forum Code,
before the SMF Anti Spam Protection Code Segment.
So after running into the MOD Code Section,
the Forum owned Anti Spam Protection Code is no longer performed.

Another Thing was:
If you have configured a Time, let say 1 hour, to allow users to edit Posts.
And you have configured the Mod to merge a longer Period than this one hour.
The User writes a Post and then it will be merged, but he cant edit his new Post,
because his New post was merged into the old one, whos EDIT Time Range is still over.
So you should set the Edit Time Range longer than the Auto Merge time range,
to prevent Trouble with the users.

An if i remember right there maybe some other Problems too.

Avalanche91

I see. Thank you, @petb, very thorough answer :)

kamili34

Have trouble with this on Subs-Post.php

<file name="$sourcedir/Subs-Post.php">
<operation>
<search position="replace"><![CDATA[$parts[$i] = preg_replace('~\[time\](\d{0,10})\[/time\]~ie', '\'[time]\' . timeformat(\'$1\', false) . \'[/time]\'', $parts[$i]);]]></search>
<add><![CDATA[// $parts[$i] = preg_replace('~\[time\](\d{0,10})\[/time\]~ie', '\'[time]\' . timeformat(\'$1\', false) . \'[/time]\'', $parts[$i]);]]></add>
</operation>

I dont have that line. :/

luuuciano

It would be helpful if you attach the Subs-Post.php file, so we can analize it... if not, we will have to hack your computer to get it (?)
No me agradan los foros que no te dejan borrar TU PROPIO usuario, como por ejemplo smfsimple.com.
E incluso te mandan emails no solicitados, de los cuales, quizá, no puedas escapar porque NO te dejan posibilidad a deshabilitarlos (a menos que NO te tengan en su lista negra).

kamili34

margarett

If you are using 2.0.7 it will fail to find that line:

preg_replace('~

This was replaced in the latest patch to be PHP5.5 compatible.

You need to install with errors (make sure this is the only error you have!!!) and find your line 399

$parts[$i] = preg_replace_callback('~\[time\](\d{0,10})\[/time\]~i', create_function('$m', ' return "[time]" . timeformat("$m[1]", false) . "[/time]";'), $parts[$i]);

And comment it out.
Se forem conduzir, não bebam. Se forem beber... CHAMEM-ME!!!! :D

QuoteOver 90% of all computer problems can be traced back to the interface between the keyboard and the chair

kamili34

Advertisement: