News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

2 forums on one server?

Started by Mikeric, December 03, 2008, 11:37:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mikeric

I have a quick question. I currently have my forum up and going fine. I want to create a new one and eventually move the stuff from my current forum over. Is it possible for me to create the new forum and get it set up how i want it. Then could i transfer my database from the old folder and just modify the forums for the new one. What I have now is a mustang forum. I want to create a general car and bike forum. I dont want to lose what is on the current forum though and want to keep that up and going while i am making the new forum. Is this possible at all? I know a lot more now than when i first created this forum and would like a fresh start and to expand but dont want to lose all the posts and data i currently have.

sherpa サイバー侍

It is possible if the version is same
dont forget to give the table name same as you have now when doing fresh install
after install drop all the table of new forum from phpmyadmin and download and dump the old database in it

Jade Elizabeth

You cant Merge two versions yet. So the only thing you could do is theme work :).
Once proud Documentation Writer and Help Squad Leader | Check out my new adult coloring career: Color With Jade/Patreon.

Mikeric

Thanks for the help, i just mad ea new one, but im keeping them seperate. I just wish i could fix some of the errors on my other one. I know now on my next one to be more careful choosing mods for it.

Advertisement: