News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF 1.0.2

Started by Meriadoc, February 14, 2005, 02:54:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hfhs72

Used the Package Manager.

Worked Great!!  No Problems!!

Thanks Guys!!!

double_d

Just upgraded through package manager, no problem at all.  Took all of 5secs.  Thanks.

The strangest (coolest) thing I noticed is that the only mod I've ever done was change this line in load.php
'registered' => empty($profile['dateRegistered']) ? $txt[470] : strftime('%b %d, %Y', $profile['dateRegistered']),

Now, I see that it is standard.  How sweet is that?!?  I wonder if I influenced it? ::)

Oh, one side note, I'm still using a couple of custom templates from 1.0 RC2, has any significant changes been made to any of them?  Thanks.

curmudgeon

Quote from: [Unknown] on February 18, 2005, 01:48:08 AM
Curmudgeon, try "localhost" for the hostname.... and make sure the path starts with what you see in your FTP client.  An example might be "www/smf".
-[Unknown]

Thanks, Unknown -- did that but still no joy. For path, my FTP client tells me "/home/rudegnu/public_html/lgsa-forum"  What would be the correct path to enter in this case?

(One other wrinkle is that I'm using Port 8888 -- could that have a bearing?)

-- curmudgeon
---
Look at everything as though you were seeing it either for the first or
last time. Then your time on earth will be filled with glory. -- Betty Smith

[Unknown]

Quote from: double_d on February 18, 2005, 11:32:23 AM
Oh, one side note, I'm still using a couple of custom templates from 1.0 RC2, has any significant changes been made to any of them?  Thanks.

Nothing huge, no.

Quote from: curmudgeon on February 18, 2005, 06:54:34 PM
Thanks, Unknown -- did that but still no joy. For path, my FTP client tells me "/home/rudegnu/public_html/lgsa-forum" What would be the correct path to enter in this case?

(One other wrinkle is that I'm using Port 8888 -- could that have a bearing?)

Port makes no difference, or shouldn't... you mean HTTP port, not FTP, right?  Either way it shouldn't matter.

Hmm... it's probably public_html/lgsa-forum.  When you log into your FTP, what folders do you see immediately?  If you see "public_html", then it's definitely what I said to the left....

-[Unknown]

curmudgeon

Port makes no difference, or shouldn't... you mean HTTP port, not FTP, right?  Either way it shouldn't matter.

Hmm... it's probably public_html/lgsa-forum.  When you log into your FTP, what folders do you see immediately?  If you see "public_html", then it's definitely what I said to the left....

-[Unknown]

I meant FTP port, 'cuz that's what I have to use when I log in with my FTP client.  What I see is the "rudegnu" folder which contains the "public_html" folder and many others.

-- curmudgeon
---

[Unknown]

Then please try "rudegnu/public_html/lgsa-forum".

-[Unknown]

klumy

why is the mainforum still on version 1.0.1?

jiminoregon

Quote from: klumy on February 19, 2005, 07:37:25 AM

Now that's a good question...are the rest of us guinea pigs?   ;D

Jim

Trekkie101

Quote from: jiminoregon on February 19, 2005, 12:25:43 PM
Quote from: klumy on February 19, 2005, 07:37:25 AM

Now that's a good question...are the rest of us guinea pigs? ;D

Jim

Didnt we already do this?

Its because they have a veriety of files and havent yet updated the copyright to say 1.0.2 as they are running some files from 1.1  :)

flapper

something very weird, like the last upgrade i went to http://www.simplemachines.org/download.php and dowloaded smf_1-0-2_update.zip to my PC. Then on my forum in the admin cp went package manager and Upload a Package, found the file on my pc and clicked on upload, but get this error:

An Error Has Occurred!
The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted. 
it has never done this before

help!!!!!

Trekkie101

Unzip the files

FTP them overwriting current files then in the browser goto upgrade.php and it will work  ;)

curmudgeon

Quote from: [Unknown] on February 19, 2005, 01:07:30 AM
Then please try "rudegnu/public_html/lgsa-forum".

-[Unknown]
Same thing -- computer thinks about it for half a minute and then just presents the same screen.

I note that the uploaded file  smf_1-0-2_update.tar.gz  is owned by nobody and has permissions set to 666. Coould this be the problem, I wonder -- would it not need to have execute permission?

-- curmudgeon
---

flapper

Quote from: Trekkie101 on February 19, 2005, 02:41:57 PM
Unzip the files

FTP them overwriting current files then in the browser goto upgrade.php and it will work  ;)

Why wont the pacage manager work anymore, also if i upload using ftp will it knock out my mods like arcade and chat.

Trekkie101

1. It works fine, your using it wrong, goto the package manager and theres a package manager update package  :)
2. Uploading would probably kill your mods

LiroyvH

((U + C + I)x(10 − S)) / 20xAx1 / (1 − sin(F / 10))
President/CEO of Simple Machines - Server Manager
Please do not PM for support - anything else is usually OK.

trlacey

I upgraded today through the Package Manager on Windows XP running IIS.  It worked flawlessly.  Didn't lose a single setting.  I was pleasantly surprised.

flapper

Had a problem deleting upgrade.php but all sorted and working now,
Thanks for help and advise everyone

jiminoregon

Quote from: XrD-Networks.com on February 19, 2005, 06:06:46 PM
Thanks SMF team :)

Ok...now for a dumb question...if you look at this persons signature...you get a clickable banner.  I can figure out how to post responses on my site with a clickable link or with a banner pic (using an attachment).

But how do you combine the two and come up with a clickable banner like Xrd?

Jim

Midgard

Simple Machines Community Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.1.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved. 

LOL @ :)

Trekkie101

[url=yourdomain.com][img]imagelocation[/img][/url]  ;)

Advertisement: