Affiliates System

Started by Diego Andrés, December 04, 2008, 07:29:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SA™

Quote from: Kindred on December 03, 2012, 12:44:35 PM
adjust the hook code in Sources/Affiliates.php to target a different insertion point
its in

Sources/AffiliatesHooks.php

Quote from: johnpaul2k2 on December 03, 2012, 02:04:08 PM
well, maybe because i cannot afford the shop mod from smfhack anyway :P
please help me with the full code to search for it on Sources/Affiliates.php because there are so many "affiliates" words there. in order not to mistake, help me with the hook code i must.

also do i need to move around in the same "Sources/Affiliates.php" so to place it in the position i like ??? if not, please tell me the place that will enable me to move where i prefer. thanks

in Sources/AffiliatesHooks.php

just change the par in red

aff_array_insert($menu_buttons, 'search',

where do you want the menu button to show?

i am consodering updating and recoding this mod if anyone is interested?
http://samods.github.io/SAChatBar/

Xbox Live: smokerthecheese 360 or xbone
My Work
Piano Movers / Delivery service
QuoteMy allies are dead.
I'm 'bout to be too.
Zombies are chasing me.
F*** it, I'm screwed -___-

Kindred

thanks SA. I forgot you had a separate hooks file. :)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

johnpaul2k2

there is something about this mod we really need to look into. the description is "only' when you placed your cursor on the banner. is there any way for some people to see the details under a particular  banner. i believe with that. the affiliate arena will be more friendly

Kindred

you are correct. The description is shown as the title text of the banner image.   What's wrong with that?

If you really insist on displaying the text all the time (personally, I think it looks crappy and cluttered) then you can alter the display code in Affiliates.template.php to add the call for the description after the display of the banner image.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: Kindred on December 03, 2012, 03:42:09 PM
you are correct. The description is shown as the title text of the banner image.   What's wrong with that?

If you really insist on displaying the text all the time (personally, I think it looks crappy and cluttered) then you can alter the display code in Affiliates.template.php to add the call for the description after the display of the banner image.
thanks alot , please one more thing. how can i increase the description character. mine seems to be too small

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: SA™ on December 03, 2012, 02:12:35 PM
adjust the hook code in Sources/Affiliates.php to target a different insertion point
its in

please help me with the full code to search for it on Sources/Affiliates.php because there are so many "affiliates" words there. in order not to mistake, help me with the hook code i must.

also do i need to move around in the same "Sources/Affiliates.php" so to place it in the position i like ??? if not, please tell me the place that will enable me to move where i prefer. thanks

lemme forget about moving it. all i need now is to rename it.
where can i rename the  Affiliate Menu Name ???

Kindred

either modifications.english.php or affiliates.english.php (don't recall which one is used here)
Слaва
Украинi

johnpaul2k2

sorry but where exactly can i find either of the two.  i couldn't see them under "source"

Kindred

Themes/default/languages
Слaва
Украинi

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: Kindred on December 04, 2012, 09:49:38 AM
Themes/default/languages
i was able to find "affiliates' only on modifications.english.php  but there are many "affiliates" i tried adding one word in some of them so to get the exact one but i couldn't just get it. please help any similar code to identify the particular "affiliates" . thank my boss

Kindred

there are many strings which are JUST
...  = 'Affiliates';
?

if so, then you possibly installed the mod multiple times...
Слaва
Украинi

johnpaul2k2

there were JUST two............i tried editing them one by one, save and preview

the same. nothing changes

Kindred

cache?   server and local
Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

no....    your smf cache (smf caches the language strings - go to maintenance, clear cache) and your browser cache (ctrl-f5)
Слaва
Украинi

Kindred

no... I was right the first time.

the file is Affiliates.english.php
$txt['Affiliates'] = "Affiliates";
around line 76
Слaва
Украинi

Bob Perry of Web Presence Consulting

Quote from: Kindred on November 26, 2012, 12:05:35 AM
ummm....   wow. rude much?

Looks like an avatar to me, with some silly person's headshot...

yup...   looking at the url, it is not generated by or from google.
In other words... you have made an image which fills in a supposed page rank, but is your own image.

So you will excuse me if I had a hard time understanding that some tiny text with your headshot was what you were referring to as a page rank icon... for one thing, it's not an icon, it's a banner

You actually do have some valid points about that ICON, but did you even bother to verify whether the page rank indicated in my icon is accurate and jives with the actual Google one? I doubt it...
Best Regards,
Bob Perry

"The world is moving so fast these days that the man who says it can't be done is generally interrupted by someone doing it." Elbert Hubbard

johnpaul2k2

Quote from: SA™ on December 03, 2012, 02:12:35 PM
its in

if you will work on this mod, please consider the followings

1. let it have GRID view(s)
2. if possible, make it HTML code enabled for Live Adverts and Widgets
3. Categories like health, business and co
Quote from: Kindred on December 04, 2012, 05:01:12 PM
no... I was right the first time.

around line 76
i have done that. yet not working even now, i have edited it to "MARKET PALCE"

i have attached the file

johnpaul2k2

please no... I was right the first time.

around line 76
[/quote]it has not worked for me. i attached my "Affiliates.english.php" so you can help me to edit it. please help me

Advertisement: