No Captcha - Members can\'t register

Started by KahneFan, December 05, 2008, 03:01:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KahneFan

For some reason my captcha isn't showing up on the registration page for FireFox users. Please help, it prevents FF users from being able to register  :o
#eric_on_twit| (video) Creating Themes for SMF | Reset Your Forum
NOTE: No PM's for support please.

Tyrsson

Well since I guess I am the one that brought this to your attention I could add to this by saying that sometimes they do not show up.

I went to register and once they didn't and the next time they did.

It may have been on my end but rarely does this happen to me.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

KahneFan

Not just you, as you can see from my screenshot from FF, I saw the same thing.

ThorstenE

the captcha is "invisible" in Firefox but can be found in html sourcecode.. I think it's a CSS issue.. can you attach  styles.css from your theme here please?

KahneFan

Oldiesmann

It appears to be a server problem. When I try to access the verification image directly, I get a "Connection Interrupted" error (meaning the connection was killed unexpectedly before the page finished loading).

Try adding this code to the beginning of index.php to see if it makes any difference - this will set the maximum execution time to 60 seconds and allow PHP to use up to 32MB of memory (which should be more than enough for that):

@ini_set('max_execution_time', 60);
@ini_set('memory_limit', '32M');

The "@" will prevent errors if your host has disabled ini_set (which isn't all that common among paid hosts, but you never know).
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

glennk

Just a long shot but you havn't been messing with any 301's have you ? I redirected /forum/index.php to /forum/ and I lost a lot of things including my captcha image.

KahneFan

@ Oldiesmann, I added the code as such...

Code (index.php) Select

@ini_set('max_execution_time', 60);
@ini_set('memory_limit', '32M');

$forum_version = 'SMF 2.0 Beta 4';

Testing FF on my laptop it seems to work now. Please also test the direct way you were speaking of and let me know if it gets killed again.

ThorstenE

Quote from: KahneFan on December 06, 2008, 01:06:10 AM
Testing FF on my laptop it seems to work now. Please also test the direct way you were speaking of and let me know if it gets killed again.
yes, both work now :) Interesting: I tested yesterday before your changes and was able to see the captcha with FF (direct way). So I thought it could be an CSS issue..

KahneFan

Advertisement: