News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Were are web site URLs hidden?

Started by wakewatcher, December 05, 2008, 03:28:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

wakewatcher

hmmmm.  I'm looking to pull the user's web site url (set in the forum profile) and I can't find them in the database anywhere.  Are they encrypted for some reason?
smf 2.0.18

Tyrsson

PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

wakewatcher

I don't really care where it is I'm just looking for where it is in the database.  It is set in the member's forum profile.  What I want to know is where it is "stored."
smf 2.0.18

Tyrsson

I do not think that information would be encrypted. You would have to open a sql backup file in an editor and look for it. Someone else here may be able to tell you just where to look.

wakewatcher

Why would I have to open up an sql backup file?  Why can't I just use mySQLadmin and search for it?  (Which is what I did but couldn't find it.)
smf 2.0.18

Tyrsson

I never said you couldn't do that.... I just always open a file and read through it..

But then again I have never had a desire to find that info in a database.

wakewatcher

I always look where it is actively being used but that's just me.  Not to worry, I'm sure that someone will set me straight on it.  It can't be hiding too far away.  ;)
smf 2.0.18

swtdivalove

Check the '{dbprefix}_members' table.  It is stored there.

Advertisement: