News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Remove "Logged" and IP Image

Started by TheDisturbedOne, December 05, 2008, 03:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sabre™

Quote from: TheDisturbedOne on September 29, 2009, 03:26:40 PM
Sabre likes supporting this MOD. :)

lol  I help anywhere I can
As you show offline, there is no way to know if you're here to assist, without periodically checking your profile :P
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

TomW

TomW

Quote from: TomW on December 30, 2009, 01:14:33 PM
Does this work in 2.0 RC2 ?

Will this mod be upgraded for 2.0 RC2 ?

Delicieux

I'd like to second that question. Would be very awesome!

TomW

jelence

For RC3 , you can try manually:

Go to Display.template.php and remove piece of code corresponding to one in mode Parse for 1.1.8.

In RC3, it is between:

echo '
</div>
<div class="smalltext reportlinks">';

and

// Are there any custom profile fields for above the signature?
if (!empty($message['member']['custom_fields']))

Sorry, I changed this a while ago, and don't know how original code looks.

Then put there identical piece of code that can be find in Mode Parse as replacement for 1.1.8.
And it should work.

Costa

Hugo "Costa" Fernandes - PT SMF
Todas as MP's a pedir ajuda são sujeitas a radioactividade, microondas, queimadas e atiradas borda fora.

"At least someone appreciates the fact that I am doing and not thinking..."
"Laziness is counter-revolutionary."

jelence

Cal O'Shaw

Any chance you might be able to allow other groups to see the IP?  If you don't want to create a new permission and all the bother of defining it in the admincp, how about riding on the Moderate Board permission?  If the member can moderate the board, they can see the IP.

Admittedly a quick and dirty solution, but if that give some ability to see IPs by our 2nd level admin types, it's better than not being able to restrict our regular members from seeing the IPs.

Grazie,

Cal

njtweb

I see the last post is 2009 for this mod. So I'm assuming there have been a number of version changes to the SMF script since then. I'd like to use this mod on 2.0.14 but even emulating isn't working. 2.0.14 says the package is corrupt. Emulating says not to install. Both files fail the test and only one has a manual change suggestion next to it.

If this doesn't work is there a way to turn these off in admin panel of 2.0.14? I think some people will question what is being logged.

Thanks!

Kindred

this mod is for 1.1.x
it will not work on 2.0.x.

there is no function to turn off those items (by turning them off, you could actually be in violation of letting people be aware that the information is stored and can be tracked)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

njtweb

Ok, didn't know that for both responses. Thank you

GigaWatt

There is another mod that does what you're looking for ;).

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2046

Works in 2.0.15, should also work in 2.0.14 ;).
"This is really a generic concept about human thinking - when faced with large tasks we're naturally inclined to try to break them down into a bunch of smaller tasks that together make up the whole."

"A 500 error loosely translates to the webserver saying, "WTF?"..."

njtweb

Quote from: GigaWatt on April 25, 2018, 09:35:56 PM
There is another mod that does what you're looking for ;).

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=2046

Works in 2.0.15, should also work in 2.0.14 ;).

Perfect! Thank you very much.

Advertisement: