News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Can't login first time ?

Started by riker, December 10, 2008, 03:06:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

riker

I noticed alot of login errors so tried logging out and in again and noticed it doesn't allow you to login first time. This is the error message you get the first time -

QuoteYou were unable to login. Please check your cookie settings.

Quotehttp://www.****.info/forum/index.php?pretty;action=login2&sa=check 
8: Undefined index: member
File: /home/***/public_html/forum/Sources/LogInOut.php
Line: 126 

H

Sorry for the slow response. Do you still require assistance with this?
Which mods do you have installed? :)
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

Ganx

Hiya having similar - update from 1.17 to beta2.4. Wouldnt let me log in for about an hour as anyone. Also cleared cach and cookies and closed all windowss. It allowed me back in then then i clicked admin and asked for login again.

Biggest issue for me seems to be when you navigate, it loses your login and you become guest (signed in as admin). If you go back, then try again, it's ok

Go figure.... ::)

greyknight17

Is this issue resolved now? If not, try the below:

Go to Admin->Server Settings->Feature Configuration and see if you have the following options set:

Enable local storage of cookies -> Checked
Use subdomain independent cookies -> Unchecked
Use database driven sessions -> Checked

Unless you use a subdomain in your site, the above settings should work. Otherwise, uncheck the first option and check the second one.

cmdcllc

This seems to happen to us too and I've noticed it only happens to those trying to login on Vista computers. I used the settings explained above and it does not fix the problem.

I need help!

greyknight17

You might also want to try another browser to see if the same problem occurs. Use Firefox if you haven't tried it already.

Anyone who has this issue, please open up a new topic for it.

Topic locked.

Advertisement: