News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

WYSIWYG editor problem

Started by Mr_Lon, December 10, 2008, 11:41:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mr_Lon

I'm using SMF 2.0 Beta 4 and when I use the "WYSIWYG editor" I get all kinds of HTML code in my listings? So I have to Disable it then things are fine. But the WYSIWYG editor should work I would think.......

Any Ideas?
Lon

spearfish

Do you mean that posts done via the WYSIWYG editor are messed up?  Just making sure.

riker

Quote from: Mr_Lon on December 10, 2008, 11:41:02 PM
I'm using SMF 2.0 Beta 4 and when I use the "WYSIWYG editor" I get all kinds of HTML code in my listings? So I have to Disable it then things are fine. But the WYSIWYG editor should work I would think.......

Any Ideas?
Lon

Exactly the same problem here however when I made a post about it nothing came of it so I have to hope something will be done with RC.

EDIT:  Here's a straight forward copy and paste,

QuoteI KNOW we all find this hard to believe, I certainly did, but I was told the other day that Nick Knowles, the all-purpose TV presenter, is being paid just under £1million a year by the BBC. 
That's right, £20,000 a week, £80,000 a month, all year long. And it's your money.

Mr Knowles is reasonably good at what he does, but I'm sure that Who Dares Wins or Last Choir Standing wouldn't suffer grievously without his talents.

Which brings me to the best idea I've seen for a long time on how viewers — the BBC's paymasters — can find out how their hard-earned money is being spent.
Jonathan Ross ... £6m a year   Jonathan Ross ... £6m a year
Jeremy Hunt — the Shadow Culture Secretary, and about the only member of the Tory Cabinet I would employ — is suggesting that celebrity salaries should be set out on the back of television licences.

He has written to Sir Michael Lyons, chairman of the BBC Trust, urging him to make clear where every penny of the £139.50 fee is allocated.

His point is what really angered everybody in the Ross/Brand affair was the thought that they were paying for the pair's antics.

How many other secret millionaires are there on the BBC payroll? The BBC claim they will not reveal this for commercial reasons. That's rubbish. The BBC are certainly the highest payers in television today and they don't say because they are fearful of the row that would follow.

The cunning BBC does not feature its logo or any other reference to the Corporation on the television licence and the fee is collected and debts pursued by an arms-length organisation.
Clearly the BBC is wary of associating itself too closely with chasing viewers through the courts.

But my feeling is that the game is almost up.

Charles Moore, known to his friends as Lord Snooty — a former editor of the Daily Telegraph — says he won't be paying his licence fee if Ross continues to be employed at £6million a year. [/s]

source

Now that is just one example but you can see the issues straight away and some are far worse than that!

Mr_Lon

Quote from: Mr_Lon on December 10, 2008, 11:41:02 PM

Any Ideas?
Lon

Yes it does mean that when I use the "WYSIWYG editor" when making a post I get HTML in the Post when posted.

I see that this forum is not using the "WYSIWYG editor" ? Maybe there is a Problem with the "WYSIWYG editor"???????

How do I know.....
With the "WYSIWYG editor" on you do not see and BB Code when you select a text option when making your post.

With the "WYSIWYG editor"  off you see the BB Code when selecting a text option when making your post.

This should be clear whather it is on or off and when the "WYSIWYG editor" is on everything looks good until it is posted that is when I see all the HTML junk in the posting.

The "WYSIWYG editor" would be Great and make your postings easy to change or dress up if it was working proper. Does anyone have any ideas?
Lon

deFain

Maybe if you backed off a bit with the excessive bolding, smileys, underlining etc, you would get better results. Not that you meant it that way but it appears a little pushy to me.
I realize you have an issue but remember this is *beta* software. I'm sure your findings are noted by the SMF staff.

kgw

I'll bet my money your "Copying and Pasting" directly into the WYSIWG - Not good.
I notice when I copy and paste I get rogue code, Sometimes. It doesn't happen when I paste into a text editor, then copy and paste from there.My Advice, copy and paste plain text only, then spice it up with WYSIWYG.And remember, it is BETA (Breaking Everything Thoroughly Everytime).

Advertisement: