News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

SMF theme in Joomla?

Started by n-joy, December 12, 2008, 01:30:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

n-joy

Hi!
We're making a site,and we need Joomla.
For our forum,we use the SMF "shine theme". (with little modifications in css).
My question is: IS THERE A WAY TO GET THE SHINE THEME WORK ON JOOMLA?

Thanks.

青山 素子

Edit the Joomla templates to match the look. The theme/template systems are very different.

What is keeping you from using Mambo? It has a fully supported bridge, and many third party developers have switched to it.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

n-joy

Quote from: Motoko-chan on December 12, 2008, 10:36:28 PM
Edit the Joomla templates to match the look. The theme/template systems are very different.

What is keeping you from using Mambo? It has a fully supported bridge, and many third party developers have switched to it.
And with mambo the theme just works?

青山 素子

Actually, no, although you can set SMF to be wrapped in the Mambo theme, which should make things a bit easier on you. Either way you go, you'll need to do some editing. I was wondering why you wanted to use SMF with a software package for which is no viable bridge.
Motoko-chan
Director, Simple Machines

Note: Unless otherwise stated, my posts are not representative of any official position or opinion of Simple Machines.

Advertisement: