Editing the default help txt

Started by cardiox, December 13, 2008, 04:00:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cardiox

Hi,  Sorry if this topic is already posted but a search on this forum has bout done me in...LOL!!!

I have 2 questions with a heads up I am using 2beta4:

1: I found a post on how to edit the registration.txt but I can't seem to find any info on how to
     edit the help files :
   Introduction • Registering • Logging In • Profile • Posting • Personal Message • Searching

2: The red color is no doubt a default setting because no matter what template I use it shows red. What file
      script do I change do make it look sumptin like this:
  Introduction • Registering • Logging In • Profile • Posting • Personal Message • Searching

Thanks for your time and any input would be...SWEET!!!

cardiox

would it be easier to just delete the help link all together? if there is a post about this could someone point me that way...I am totally lost on finding this info.  thanks

Oldiesmann

All the text for the help pages can be found in Themes/default/languages/Manual.english.php.

The link color is a bit more difficult. For whatever reason, it uses the same CSS class as post errors, so if you change that color, you'll end up making post error text blue as well. If this is fine, go to Themes/yourtheme/style.css and look for ".error". Change the color to whatever you want.

Otherwise you can create a new CSS class for it:

Add this code to the end of Themes/default/css/help.css:
.activehelp
{
    color:blue;
}

Then go to Themes/default/Help.template.php

Find
$menu_items[] = '<span class="error" style="font-weight: bold;">' . $txt['manual_index_' . $page_txt] . '</span>';

Replace
$menu_items[] = '<span class="activehelp" style="font-weight: bold;">' . $txt['manual_index_' . $page_txt] . '</span>';

I'm going to file a bug report about that as it makes no sense to use the error class there...
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

cardiox

Oh YA!!! we got em did now...LOL!!!  thanks so much for your time

Advertisement: