News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Avatar Upload Directory Remains Unwritable.

Started by tmaximus95, December 13, 2008, 11:20:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tmaximus95

Whenever I, or one of my users try to upoad a custom avatar, we get the following message:

"The attachments upload directory is not writable.  Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."

Can anyone help us out here?  I have the attachments directory permissions set to 755. I also have the avatars directory set to 755.

Thanks.
"Injustice anywhere is a threat to jutice everywhere."

Oldiesmann

If it's set to 755 and it isn't working, try 777.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

tmaximus95

"Injustice anywhere is a threat to jutice everywhere."

bizref

I am having the same problem .... I have double checked the directory path is correct, and it is ...

How do I make a folder "writable" and/or assign it "777" permissions?

Kermit

My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

ScarMix

I have the same problem  :(

Have any of yous fixed the problem ???
If you have please post how.

deathsia

i am also having a problem with the upload directory changed the permissions to 777 and all that. worked just fine in the past but now it isn't working at all...wtf is going on here?!

Edit: I fixed the problem myself by creating another directory with in the avatars directory and the Attatchments directory. It's easy to do and the name of the directory don't matter don't matter as longas you mod the directory you made to 777 you should be just fine^^.

Rumbaar

Be sure to check that all your paths are correct, use this to confirm paths: repair_settings.php
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: