News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

I need the forum categories to display special characters

Started by =<|Skary|>=, December 16, 2008, 07:39:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

=<|Skary|>=

as you can see here http://www.digital-demonz.com/index.php?action=forum my categories and topics display the characters "{}" and "[]". but what they SHOULD be displaying is "{<l l>}" or "[<l l>]". That is what is entered into the text blocks in the settings. Is there something i can do to force it to display correctly? the reason i need this done is because i am attempting to start a game clan and i found out that there is another clan that was already using our tag "[DD]", and on top of that they are a cheater clan. The clan members decided on "{<l l>}" and i would hate to diappoint because some parts of the site will display it correctly and some won't.

=<|Skary|>=

i assume that {} and [] are some sort of sql or php coding which is preventing anything inside from being displayed. I know in .net coding, if you want to display quotes in a string you have to use double quotes.

Coding:
"this is a string"

Displayed:
this is a string

Coding:
""this is a string""

Displayed:
"this is a string"

is there an equivalent for the SMF forums? I tried using quotes but it only displayed "{}" LOL.

Advertisement: