Post and Change as Alternate User by BurkeKnight Enterprises

Started by Burke ♞ Knight, December 18, 2008, 12:22:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flamechica

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I am new to SMF, but how do I know what to put in the "poster ID" and "Alternative User ID" boxes? I want this feature, as I had something similar on my phpbb3 forum, but I guess I just don't understand how it works.

Burke ♞ Knight

The member's ID number.
This can be found in the admin section, looking at list of members, or via the regular member list.

The end of the link to the member's profile, will end in something like:

u=62

62 would be the ID. :)

floydpink

Is it just me, or do the post counts not get updated when the posting member is modified.
It would be a more complete update if the post stats were increased by 1 for the member being made the poster of the topic and decreased by 1 for the the member who is no longer the poster for the topic.

stingerman

I installed this, passed the test but now this is at the top of my forum, ersion 1.8:

$txt['changeposterid'] = 'Change Poster/Starter'; $txt['changeposteridno'] = 'Poster ID'; $txt['adminscanpostasaltuser'] = 'Post/Edit As Alternative User'; $txt['adminspostasguestcalled'] = 'Forum Staff'; $txt['adminscanpostasaltuserid'] = 'Alternative User ID';

How do I get rid of that?

Burke ♞ Knight

I have not checked this mod with 1.1.8 yet. It looks like the text strings may have been changed a bit.

I'll look into this a little later.

Mark S

Quote from: floydpink on February 05, 2009, 02:30:02 AM
Is it just me, or do the post counts not get updated when the posting member is modified.
It would be a more complete update if the post stats were increased by 1 for the member being made the poster of the topic and decreased by 1 for the the member who is no longer the poster for the topic.

Nope, not just you... changing the post count of the old/new user is not increased/decreased.  I have literally thousands of posts which have been and need to have the IDs changed due to having to manually transfer posts from MSN groups, so it's a very important issue for us.

It would make sense that this function should be included in the mod or as a sparate mod, not just for a change to "guest", but for all poster ID changes:

Add/subtract 1 to/from changed ID poster.

Does this exist somewhere or can it be provided?

Thanks ~ Phåråoh ~

chrishicks

So is this ok to install and run on 1.1.8? I installed this on one of my 1.1.8 test boards and it seems to work as advertised. I received no errors during install and no text showing on my forum as mentioned above. I can post as a different user and all post counts go up afterwards. Should I be safe running this on my actual board?

Sudhakar Arjunan

Such an excellent mod.

Waiting for updated version of it on 2.0 RC1.

Just a request.
Working on New Mods & Themes for SMF... Will update soon... My Blog page
My Smf forum : Discuss ITAcumens :: My SMF Forum

Cal O'Shaw

I want to install this MOD, replacing the preceding seperate MODs.

Unfortunately, I get errors trying to uninstall from post.template.php.  The original MODs have been removed from the Mod site.  many weeks ago I asked if someone could help strip the MODs out of the file.  I was asked to post my php file, which I did.  There has been no response to my requests since then.

Would you be able to pull them out so I can install properly?  I'm running on 1.1.8.

Grazie,

Cal

LoGraYThS

Quote from: stingerman on February 08, 2009, 06:30:28 AM
I installed this, passed the test but now this is at the top of my forum, ersion 1.8:

$txt['changeposterid'] = 'Change Poster/Starter'; $txt['changeposteridno'] = 'Poster ID'; $txt['adminscanpostasaltuser'] = 'Post/Edit As Alternative User'; $txt['adminspostasguestcalled'] = 'Forum Staff'; $txt['adminscanpostasaltuserid'] = 'Alternative User ID';

How do I get rid of that?

Having the same problem here, I guess it has to be something about my Theme Post.template.php

I'm attaching it.

Using vintage Theme with SMF 1.1.8

www.pearljamexico.net

Tnx in advance
hxxp:pearljamexico.net [nonactive]

hxxp:endorfineando.blogspot.com [nonactive]

C4G-TK

Quote from: A.SK on March 08, 2009, 10:47:30 AM
Such an excellent mod.

Waiting for updated version of it on 2.0 RC1.

Just a request.

2nd that!   ;D

-img removed-

Matou

Quote from: ThePharaoh on March 14, 2009, 07:56:55 AM
Quote from: ThePharaoh on February 21, 2009, 08:45:30 AM
Quote from: floydpink on February 05, 2009, 02:30:02 AM

Nope, not just you... changing the post count of the old/new user is not increased/decreased.  I have literally thousands of posts which have been and need to have the IDs changed due to having to manually transfer posts from MSN groups, so it's a very important issue for us.

It would make sense that this function should be included in the mod or as a sparate mod, not just for a change to "guest", but for all poster ID changes:

Add/subtract 1 to/from changed ID poster.

Does this exist somewhere or can it be provided?

Thanks ~ Phåråoh ~

v1.1.7  Question is still open

Perhaps this (old) mod Member post recount could help?

Lithriel

What would make this mod even better would be the ability to mass change who posted something.  Not sure how you would finagle that one, but I am running into that problem right now.  It sure would make things easier.  Editing each and every single topic is tedious.

dry3210

8: Undefined index: changeposterid
File: /Themes/default/languages/Post.english.php (main sub template - eval?)
Line: 614

Getting that error whenever I modify a post.  Any ideas?

Eclipse16V

Waiting for updated version of it on 2.0 RC1-1.  :D
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

TheDeath

Hello all,

in the attachment ist the modified MOD.
This work under SMF 2.0 RC1. SMF 2.0 RC1-1.

@BurkeKnight: You can use this do update your mod and upload it into mod database. ;)

Kind regards,
TheDeath

Eclipse16V

Quote from: TheDeath on June 25, 2009, 05:40:21 PM
Hello all,

in the attachment ist the modified MOD.
This work under SMF 2.0 RC1. SMF 2.0 RC1-1.

@BurkeKnight: You can use this do update your mod and upload it into mod database. ;)

Kind regards,
TheDeath

Thanks
it will work on 2.0 RC1-1  :D
I worked with:
SMF 2 in German

Shop:
SID Giessen

C4G-TK

Has someone taken over this mod?  I see that the mod author was last active Feb. 2009 from the original post profile and the other account later on in the thread.

-img removed-

Advertisement: