News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Repetitious Username

Started by c a g a t a y, December 18, 2008, 07:16:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

c a g a t a y

Hi all

I have a great trouble that I am tearing my hair since more than 2 weeks

First of all I am using SMF 1.1.7 and my registeration is set to ADMIN CONFIRM (since 6 months)

What is my problem is that;

I have a user which is named "dadaloglu"

He has registered in 22 Jan 2008 and have 68 messages

But in my USER REGISTERED TODAY field, everday I see two or three "dadaloglu" usernames

I am deleting them but they are pullulating  :D

4 days ago I have deleted more than 20 "dadaloglu" users (without any admin confirmation)

All of them have SAME MAIL ADDRESS and what is interesting is that; It seems that they have registered in 2006  :(

Although, in admin panel USER REGISTRATION I have forbidded/prevented to get "dadaloglu" username (still there are 6 same username)

I hope I can explain my issue

Here is a picture of those GHOSTs (same username, same mail address, registered in 2006, without any admin confirm  :'(  :'(

Any idea? Please help

c a g a t a y

Any idea?

I need a help from SMF DEVs :(

Tyrsson

Check and see if they are all from the same IP and if they are then ban the IP and see if that stops it until a pro can reply.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Rumbaar

Do other users use 'foreign' characters in their username/display names?

Have you installed any mods that affect this area of display?  Can you check your db's sessions table for duplicate entries from this person.

I know in the past I had issues with duplicate names like this on an alternate CMS/forum software due to 'foreign' characters used in the username.  My only solution at the time was to no sure those characters, but I'm not sure if this is the case for you.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: