News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Site move issue..

Started by okchunter, December 18, 2008, 12:11:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

okchunter

I recently moved to a new server. I installed SMF 2.0 beta4. I had this on the previous server and it was working just fine. Now when I moved to the new server I installed and then restored my db backup. What isn't working is uploading attachments and avatars. The message I get is
QuoteThe attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved.

On the fresh install before restoring the db it worked fine. After the db restore that is the message I get. Anyone have any idea where in the db I can go to fix this?

Just to add.. I have adjusted the folder permissions to 777.

SlammedDime

You need to go to the Attachment and Avatar settings in your admin panel and reset the directory to the proper path.  When you restored your backup, it went back to the path on the old server, which obviously is not valid anymore.
SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

okchunter

crud I can't believe I overlooked that. Thanks for answering my dumb question..::)

SlammedDime

SlammedDime
Former Lead Customizer
BitBucket Projects
GeekStorage.com Hosting
                      My Mods
SimpleSEF
Ajax Quick Reply
Sitemap
more...

girma

here is the solution to solve "The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."
first enter to your forum>> admin account>>then on configuration click server settings>> CORE CONFIGURATION>> under core configuration there is "SMF Directory" copy the link which is "
/home/content/ .../" and go to >> Forum>>under forum click "Attachments and Avatars" and then under "Attachment Settings" go to "Attachments directory" and past like this "/home/content/ .../attachments " and then save it and it will work .... and also you can see how it works on my forum on www.girmaelectronics.com     thnak you ...

girma

Quote from: girma on January 19, 2009, 02:25:15 AM
here is the solution to solve "The attachments upload directory is not writable. Your attachment or avatar cannot be saved."
first enter to your forum>> admin account>>then on configuration click server settings>> CORE CONFIGURATION>> under core configuration there is "SMF Directory" copy the link which is "
/home/content/ .../" and go to >> Forum>>under forum click "Attachments and Avatars" and then under "Attachment Settings" go to "Attachments directory" and past like this "/home/content/ .../attachments " and then save it and it will work .... and also you can see how it works on my forum on www.girmaelectronics.com     thnak you ...

Advertisement: