Post moderation in the YABB THeme

Started by glennk, December 19, 2008, 06:14:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

glennk

I have just set up a new forum under the yabb theme. I have always used Default on my other sites.

I have noticed a few things I am not sure are working properly with this theme ?

a). When I stick a member on post moderation I dont seem to get any notification to tell me the person has posted. (In the default I think I get red exclamation mark and the board goes a funny colour if there is a post awaiting moderation). In Yabb the only way for me to check if they posted is to view in the moderation centre. Is this how it is meant to be ? or maybe I have some settings wrong somewhere ?

b). When I link an item to the calendar the calendat link doeas not appear at the top of the post like it does in default theme. Again is this how it is meant to be ??

Thanks in advance again for reading this

Antechinus

I'd assume these problem are a quirk of the theme coding. Obviously both of these things can be changed but that would require custom edits to your templates. Classic is basically outdated and will most likely be dropped soon.

glennk

Thats a shame because I quite like it. What would you suggest I use in its place ??

Are some of the newer themes worth downloading ??

Rumbaar

I think if a theme is being kept in a final release of SMF 2.x it should support all features, so to answer I would say no it's not suppose to be like that.

There is a new release of SMF in the near future, and hopefully the current BETA bugs and missing features will be addressed.  Or dropped.

The themes in the next releases of SMF 2.x will be much different, so I would hold off performing many custom edits to template files until the theme details are fully finalized.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: