News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

I can't find the answer - help!

Started by 3cellhosting, February 17, 2005, 10:09:14 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

3cellhosting

I am so pleased with SMF-Mambo and I have had a serious learning curve in CSS.

My site finally looks ok (my opinion  8) in Firefox but I have some niggles with IE6.

I recall reading something about fonts-compat.css being the magic wand to stop IE6 from throwing up large text.  Can anyone point me in the right direction please?

The site is not yet public but can be seen here...

hxxp:www.hypnotherapy-services.com/cms/ [nonactive]

I would really appreciate some help - my brain is now becoming frazzled.  :'(

Best regards

David

The light at the end of the tunnel is just someone with a torch bringing me more work!!

xenovanis

Try this:

your smf-theme/index.template.php

find

/* What document type definition is being used? (for font size and other issues.)
'xhtml' for an XHTML 1.0 document type definition.
'html' for an HTML 4.01 document type definition. */
$settings['doctype'] = 'xhtml';

replace with:

/* What document type definition is being used? (for font size and other issues.)
'xhtml' for an XHTML 1.0 document type definition.
'html' for an HTML 4.01 document type definition. */
$settings['doctype'] = 'html';
"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

3cellhosting

Thanks Xenovanis   ;)

I found that answer yesterday (can't remember if it was afternoon or evening though).

That did indeed resolve the problem.

I do have another problem though...

I am using two mambo templates - identical except that I have deleted the right hand column and turned a 3-col template into a 2-col template to accommodate the width of the forum.  The confusion is that on the forum page the login module uses the link -- cms/index.php?option=com_smf  -- yet all the other pages on the site  use the link -- /forum/index.php?action=login

Both mambo templates are using identical css sheets.  The com_smf_login module set for left and is assigned to all pages.

Am I missing something here?  The correct login remain wrapped while all the other logins come outside of mambo.  I don't want to make the site live with mambo in the root folder until I know it is all working.

Any ideas anybody?

Many thanks

David

Kindred

All what other pages on the site?   Other Mambo pages or other SMF pages?

Perhaps you've forgotten to make the changes in your SMF theme?

As for using 2 templates....   why?    If you just set all the module on the right hand side to NOT display when your forum is opened, the right hand bard should disappear (in your mambo template, the appearance of the module bars should be conditional!)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

3cellhosting

Hi Kindred

After trawling through the board admin I realised that I had loaded the Mambo-SMF theme mods package but failed to notice I hadn't clicked the 'apply' option.  This seems to have corrected my problem   :D

As a relatively new user of Mambo I was unaware that leaving a module empty would then hide it.  I will have a little play with the template so as to increase my knowledge.

Thanks for providing such helpful advice. 

Best wishes

David

Advertisement: