News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Cannot login through SMF Login form

Started by Slack, February 17, 2005, 06:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Slack

Hi,

I'm on my third mambo/smf installation - this one on a different host/server.  I've jsut installed the mambo components in order to work on the mambo side icognito.  (I did this succesfully with my other live site).   

However, I cannot login through the SMF login form - I get a page cannot be displayed error.  any ideas?

--snip---
The page cannot be displayed
The page you are looking for cannot be displayed because the page address is incorrect.

Please try the following:

* If you typed the page address in the Address bar, check that it is entered correctly.
    * Open the kernplace.org home page and then look for links to the information you want.

HTTP 405 - Resource not allowed
Internet Information Services
---snip---

Here is the page address:
http://kernplace.org/mambo/?option=com_smf&Itemid=40&?action=mambo_login

Thanks,
slack

Kindred

1) You have not changed your index.english.php string...

2) Odd....  if I go to the site from the link here, I get to the screen, no problem.  If I go through your mambo template, I get the error...    one thing I notice is that it is not calling index.php before the ?option=
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Slack

Quote from: kindred on February 17, 2005, 08:00:55 PM
1) You have not changed your index.english.php string...

Right - I have not made any changes on the SMF side as I do not want to disturb suers while working on the mambo side

2) Odd.... if I go to the site from the link here, I get to the screen, no problem. If I go through your mambo template, I get the error... one thing I notice is that it is not calling index.php before the ?option=

That is odd - had not tried that.  Hmmm,, well I'll keep pokin' around.

Thanks. 

Advertisement: