News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Attachment Icon File

Started by M-DVD, December 22, 2008, 09:38:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M-DVD

Link to Mod

MOD Attachment Icon File v1.0
=====================

• Autor:
M-DVD
  • Version:
  • Release:
12th December 2008
  • Languages:
ALL
  • Compatible With:
SMF 1.1.1 - 1.1.8
SMF 2 Beta 3 & 4 & RC1

Comment this Mod
My MODs

Features:

• With this MOD attachments will have an icon according to the typefile.

• You can add more typefile, upload the icon to $imagesdir/fileicons/ with the name and extension .gif.  Example: jpg.gif

==========================

image:gif, jpg, png, bmp, jpeg, jpe, jfif, svg, tif, tiff, ico, cod, ief, ras, cmx, pnm, pbm, pgm, ppm, rgb, xbm, xpm, xwd
video:avi, movie, flv, mpeg, mpg, mov, mp2, mpa, mpe, mpv2, qt, lsf, lsx, asf, asr, asx
audio:mp3, ra, ram, wav, au, snd, mid, rmi, aif, aifc, aiff, m3u
appli:doc, dot, odt, xlm, xls, xlm, ods, ppt, pps, odp, pub, wri, odc, odb
pack:rar, zip, gz, tar, bin, bz2, 7z, lzh, lha, cab, tgz, z, exe
script:bas, c, h, txt, pas, js, php, htm, html, xml, css, sql, 323, stm, uls, rtx, sct, tsv, htt, htc, etx, vcf
extras:txt, php, pdf, unknown

==========================

Características:

• Con este MOD los archivos adjuntos tendrán un ícono según el tipo de archivo.

• Podrás agregar más 'tipo de archivos' iconos subiéndolos directamente a la carpeta $imagesdir/fileicons/. Ejemplo jpg.gif

Fin.

karlbenson

.sql is another common filetype which you might get

M-DVD

Yes, sure others also. I tried to put as much as possible and to put the most important.

Your can add other types of files, uploading the image.

example: sql.gif

As a few downloads, it had added, thanks.

Ryan

O0o0o0o0o im liking this mod! You better support this for the rest of your life :)

Sabre™

Another snazzy little mod to entertain our visual flava!
Nice one M-DVD.   Keep up the good work :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

Qayyom Ashraf

Very Nice !

It is really a cool MOD

Thanks
Qayyom Ashraf  |  Karachi-PK |::.www.JangForum.Com.::|

MaXiForum.cz

M-DVD

Quote from: M3THOD on December 22, 2008, 05:34:57 PM
O0o0o0o0o im liking this mod! You better support this for the rest of your life :)

Quote from: Sabre™ on December 22, 2008, 10:12:38 PM
Another snazzy little mod to entertain our visual flava!
Nice one M-DVD.   Keep up the good work :)

Quote from: qayyom on December 22, 2008, 11:53:06 PM
Very Nice !

It is really a cool MOD

Thanks

Quote from: MaxiPes on December 23, 2008, 02:42:55 PM
Nice M-DVD ;)

Thanks for yours comments  :D

TechPrince

You can use better icons than these but there size will increase for sure, so take these icons only if you are not concerned about the image sizes.

Note : I am using png files instead of gif for clear looks.
For these icons to work, use the mod packages provided here.

M-DVD

Quote from: TechPrince on December 26, 2008, 05:19:14 AM
You can use better icons than these but there size will increase for sure, so take these icons only if you are not concerned about the image sizes.

Note : I am using png files instead of gif for clear looks.
For these icons to work, use the mod packages provided here.

Good icons, Thanks.  :D

Note: Whoever wants to can publish new icons, so they have more variety.

TechPrince

Your Welcome Always :)

And here is a demo for other users as a preview : http://lamingtonroad.co.cc/index.php/topic,220.0.html

Sabre™

Quote from: TechPrince on December 28, 2008, 04:16:23 PM
...And here is a demo for other users as a preview...

You'd have to be a member(logged in) to see the attachments.
Thanks for the extra icons :)
Do NOT give admin and/or ftp details to just anybody, see if they are trust worthy first!!  Do your homework ;)

taha116

This mod looks kool but i dont have enough webspace to need it because i wont be allowing attachments, if i had more though i would have taken it....

Still looks like a great mod!
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has though of someone to blame things on"
I forgot the name
BUY electronic cigarettes with rechargeable batteries as well as flavored refills for cheap prices and only 1-2 dollars of shipping!
http://www.ngcigarettes.com/
~Taha116

TechPrince

Quote from: Sabre™ on December 28, 2008, 07:04:30 PM
Quote from: TechPrince on December 28, 2008, 04:16:23 PM
...And here is a demo for other users as a preview...

You'd have to be a member(logged in) to see the attachments.
Thanks for the extra icons :)

OOPS, i forgot that, here is a screenshot :)

M-DVD

Quote from: taha116 on December 28, 2008, 10:15:21 PM
This mod looks kool but i dont have enough webspace to need it because i wont be allowing attachments, if i had more though i would have taken it....

Still looks like a great mod!

Me too, I have not much space, and I've never allowed attachments (paradoxes).  :P

Sabre™

Quote from: M-DVD on December 29, 2008, 01:14:45 PM
Me too, I have not much space, and I've never allowed attachments (paradoxes).  :P

haha same lol
One day this maybe needed, no harm having it sit there ;)

taha116

Quote from: Sabre™ on December 29, 2008, 01:58:33 PM
Quote from: M-DVD on December 29, 2008, 01:14:45 PM

haha same lol
One day this maybe needed, no harm having it sit there ;)

Agreed, It could be useful, I would use it but these dam free hosts and their limited webspace.... :(
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has though of someone to blame things on"
I forgot the name
BUY electronic cigarettes with rechargeable batteries as well as flavored refills for cheap prices and only 1-2 dollars of shipping!
http://www.ngcigarettes.com/
~Taha116

baijianpeng

Great Mod!

But I think the icons are too few. There is ONLY 10 icons in the package, but we have more than 20+ popular file types.

Hope the author can add icon for each different filename extension, such as : different icons for zip and rar format, not the same pack.gif for them all.

Thanks.
JoomlaGate: The way to the World of Joomla!

http://www.joomlagate.com

M-DVD

Quote from: baijianpeng on January 20, 2009, 03:04:37 AM
Great Mod!

But I think the icons are too few. There is ONLY 10 icons in the package, but we have more than 20+ popular file types.

Hope the author can add icon for each different filename extension, such as : different icons for zip and rar format, not the same pack.gif for them all.

Thanks.

I would like, but I don't have much time (and talent) to create icons.  :-[

You can easily add icons.

For example, if you like add an icon for RAR file, Upload a file rar.gif to the folder $imagesdir/fileicons/.

Thanks for your comment.  :)

PD: If someone creates a complete set of icons (which aren't subject to any restrictive license, or based in images with license), can contribute and would be great.

baijianpeng

If this Mod can Automatically detect the icon file by the filename as extension name, that is great! Because we can even has our own images set for icons.

I think icons is not difficult to find. There are several websites that offering free icon images without any license restrict.
JoomlaGate: The way to the World of Joomla!

http://www.joomlagate.com

Advertisement: