Avatar Location in mySQL Database.

Started by tomcommathe, December 22, 2008, 05:55:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tomcommathe

Where can I find the avatars people have uploaded if I wanted to use them somewhere else on the website?

Thanks!

Kermit

You mean the avatar link ?

you can find it under smf_members table
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Oldiesmann

Uploaded avatars are stored in the attachments folder by default.
Michael Eshom
Christian Metal Fans

tomcommathe

Thats where I figured they were located, but I guess what I am confused about, is that  most people have an avatar loaded, but only one shows up in that table

Most of the fields are empty.
See attachment

greyknight17

Is this issue resolved?

That avatar location you see in the database is only used if the user selected the option to have their avatars taken from another website. So if you do see something there, it would be a link to the avatar image.

If you want to grab the image location of a specific user's avatar, just right click on it and go to Properties. It should show you the link to it. Just grab that link and paste it anywhere on your website and it will show up. Remember, if the user changes their avatar, that link will be obsolete since it won't be pointing to that image anymore. The avatar that the user uploaded will be in the attachments folder, but once they change their avatar, that image will be deleted.

Advertisement: