Redirected Boards in a new Tab [Now 2.0 Gold compatible !]

Started by Kermit, December 23, 2008, 07:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pointalk

Kermit

Quote from: pointalk on June 01, 2010, 04:56:31 AM
Please smf1.1.11 compatible ! ;)

Quote from: Duncan85 on January 02, 2009, 08:53:23 AM
I would say no,redirected boards are a default feature in SMF 2.0,that's why i don't plan,to make the mod 1.1.7 compatible
My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

yakyakyak

imrich

It seems this mod worked for RC3, but now needs updating for RC4 as it won't install even when using the emulated version.

Any chance of getting this updated to work with RC4 please?

bretttina

hi i have tried to install this on my RC5 site but when i try to install i get two errors?

i am a non techy but i am trying to learn

7.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php   Test failed
   8.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php   Test failed

so what do i replace to get this working properly , i have looked at the parse but like i say i have no idea what i'm doing ..... ?

Thanks

Brett
Available Business Domains

Kermit

Quote from: bretttina on March 24, 2011, 09:43:23 AM
hi i have tried to install this on my RC5 site but when i try to install i get two errors?

i am a non techy but i am trying to learn

7.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php   Test failed
   8.   Execute Modification   ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php   Test failed
   1.   Replace   ./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php   Test failed

so what do i replace to get this working properly , i have looked at the parse but like i say i have no idea what i'm doing ..... ?

Thanks

Brett

I've tested on fresh copy and it worked,would suggest you install manually

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?action=parse;mod=1565;attach=171303;smf_version=2.0_RC5
My Mods
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

imrich

I'm sure you're busy now that 2.0 is final... but FYI (if you haven't checked yet), several tests fail on 2.0 final. So this can't be installed in 2.0 final

Here are the files that fail the test:

./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php
./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php
./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php

Kermit

Quote from: imrich on June 13, 2011, 02:37:25 PM
I'm sure you're busy now that 2.0 is final... but FYI (if you haven't checked yet), several tests fail on 2.0 final. So this can't be installed in 2.0 final

Here are the files that fail the test:

./Themes/default/ManageBoards.template.php
./Themes/default/BoardIndex.template.php
./Themes/default/MessageIndex.template.php

Actually it was working,just you need to use the right install file,now it works fine
My Mods

A. Einstein

imrich

Thanks for the update. I'm surprized you didn't increase the version number to help people know that they don't have the latest version.

But the new version I downloaded today is working in 2.0 final, thanks again!

Kermit

Quote from: imrich on June 14, 2011, 02:27:55 PM
Thanks for the update. I'm surprized you didn't increase the version number to help people know that they don't have the latest version.

But the new version I downloaded today is working in 2.0 final, thanks again!

I intentionally didn't change the version,because all functionalities are same as before
My Mods

A. Einstein

imrich

Oops.. I found a problem with the core theme files included with 2.0:

Execute Modification

./Themes/core/BoardIndex.template.php

Test failed

Replace

Test failed

Execute Modification

./Themes/core/MessageIndex.template.php

Test failed

Replace

Test failed

Kermit

Quote from: imrich on June 17, 2011, 11:15:14 AM
Oops.. I found a problem with the core theme files included with 2.0:

Execute Modification

Test failed

Replace

Test failed

Execute Modification

Test failed

Replace

Test failed

As with 2.0 branch the default theme is not the core theme anymore,so installation package doesn't include the coding for core theme only for curve
My Mods

A. Einstein

o.o

Quote from: Duncan85 on December 23, 2008, 07:51:48 AM
Mod is approved

http://custom.simplemachines.org/mods/index.php?mod=1565   ;)

i installed this mod and its really nice except that the redirection only applies if your within the board containing the child board. the redirection in a new window doesn't work when you click the child boards from the "index.php?action=forum"  If this doesn't make sense i can explain more or paste screenshots.

live627

It could be a mod limitation... let's see what the mod author has to say.

Kermit

Can you elaborate the problem a bit more? I didn't get much from your explanation
My Mods

A. Einstein

o.o

I made a child board that redirects to a certain site. Now you know how you can see the childboards under regular boards when you go to the forum page? Like on this site for example, if you go to http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php you can see "Child Boards: Archives " Under news and updates. Well, when i click my redirection child board from that forum page, it doesn't open in a new tab. However, if i were to open the news and updates board (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=1.0) and click my redirection child board at the top, it would redirect in a new tab. Does that clear it up any?

Kermit

Quote from: o.o on June 25, 2011, 02:48:55 PM
I made a child board that redirects to a certain site. Now you know how you can see the childboards under regular boards when you go to the forum page? Like on this site for example, if you go to http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php you can see "Child Boards: Archives " Under news and updates. Well, when i click my redirection child board from that forum page, it doesn't open in a new tab. However, if i were to open the news and updates board (http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?board=1.0) and click my redirection child board at the top, it would redirect in a new tab. Does that clear it up any?

With v1.2 should work normally now !
My Mods

A. Einstein

CraftyLion

Has this mod been updated recently? I've managed to install the mod without any problems. However, the boards which redirect to my other sites now have a background colour which matches that of the link, making the actual link invisible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is an important issue for my site ...

Kermit

Quote from: kimba on October 22, 2011, 07:22:29 PM
Has this mod been updated recently? I've managed to install the mod without any problems. However, the boards which redirect to my other sites now have a background colour which matches that of the link, making the actual link invisible.

Any help would be greatly appreciated as this is an important issue for my site ...

As far as i know,this mod doesn't change the background color of anything
My Mods

A. Einstein

Advertisement: