Redirected Boards in a new Tab [Now 2.0 Gold compatible !]

Started by Kermit, December 23, 2008, 07:42:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob Lightbody

Hello,

I'd find this mod very useful, however on my freshly upgraded 2.0.2 installation (which has no other problems) it gives lots of "test failed" and advises not to install it.  Screenshot attached for anyone that would find that useful.

Thanks,

- Rob

Kermit

My Mods
Please don't PM/mail me for support,unless i invite you
Formerly known as Duncan85
"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the the universe."

A. Einstein

Rob Lightbody

19eighties

Rob Lightbody

Not had a problem with this mod previously, but now its giving the following error when I try to add a new board in SMF 2.0.15.

Database Error: Field 'redirect_new' doesn't have a default value
File: /home/theqesto/public_html/forum/Sources/Subs-Boards.php
Line: 785

I WOULDN'T RECOMMEND ANYONE INSTALL THIS ON SMF 2.0.x

Kindred

Although the mod should set a default value (NULL), this is more due to your SERVER than to the mod...

1- have your host turn off STRICT mode for mySQL
or
2- Set the default value
ALTER TABLE smf_boards ALTER redirect_new  SET DEFAULT NULL;
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rob Lightbody

Quote from: Kindred on September 10, 2018, 02:32:53 PM
Although the mod should set a default value (NULL), this is more due to your SERVER than to the mod...

1- have your host turn off STRICT mode for mySQL
or
2- Set the default value
ALTER TABLE smf_boards ALTER redirect_new  SET DEFAULT NULL;

Thanks, I tried that and it has allowed me to add boards again.

The other big issue I've got, is that if I try to uninstall the mod, I get lots of complicated errors - it behaves unlike any other mod I've experienced, leading me to believe its just become really out of date as SMF has been updated over the years.

Kindred

nope....    you probably installed other mods which affected the code in and around this mod's code...

At it's core, this mod only has a small number of code changes.

8 files... but only one change set in each file.

So, you should be able to manually back out the changes by parsing the requested change and see what is causing the automatic uninstall to fail in the check. Then manually undoing the mod code...

Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Rob Lightbody

Thanks for your help, I know how it works though, I've been using SMF for 15 years or something.

The code changes it shows bear no resemblance to the code on my site (the code that is different is the normal, standard SMF code within the PHP file).

Also, the Parsing on the Mod uninstall Page doesn't work right which I've not seen before.

Kindred

that's the only way to uninstall the mod at this point - since something has changed your mod code such that the auto-parser doesn't get a match.
Слaва
Украинi

Advertisement: