News:

Join the Facebook Fan Page.

Main Menu

cant install mods

Started by coldfusionpower, January 13, 2009, 02:24:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coldfusionpower

hi .. i just uploaded the smf 2.0.4 to my hosting and install it using the install.php. its already done .. and i already downloaded all the mods i wanted to use . but . when i want to install the mod, an error popup .

An Error Has Occurred!
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

and yes . i already changed the permission for the files mentioned  here : http://docs.simplemachines.org/index.php?topic=5

casp3r

Within the package folder create a folder called temp and try to install mods again. You may find that if this works the temp folder will be deleted and you will have to recreate it to install another mod. If you do a search of the mods I think there is a mod to prevent this from happening.
Aviation forum & gallery
www.niaviation.co.uk

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

If the "temp" directory creation doesnt help, then see if you have done the file permission changes recursively. It might be due to that.

coldfusionpower

thanks . already can install .. but most of them didnt work .. it was installed but didnt work ..

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

If you have a custom theme, then you need to do edits for that. See for the version dropdown in the mod page and then see the edits for the files present in your custom theme. It will then start working after you do the edits.

Also see if they are for 2.0 beta 4 version.

coldfusionpower

im using standard theme . all mods i selected have for 2.0.4 .. now some of it cant be uninstall . even all the permission is set to 777 .. :(

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

You dont get any "Test failed" do you ?

coldfusionpower

nop ... every test are ok .. it was installed but it doesnt work ..

Adish - (F.L.A.M.E.R)

Do you see anything in the error log ? Let us know if there are any errors there.

coldfusionpower

will let u know later . i already uninstall the smf .. reinstall . and will try install the mod manually one by one ..

update: this is just getting silly .. manually install user cp v3 ... and still nothing .. the install.php cant even open right . the sql query in the manual help also come as an error .

this is a fresh smf .. no nothing .. installing via package download also no use. it said permission is not writable . even the permission all are set at 777 like before . just this time, it doesnt even open the file ..

Update :
some mods are already installed and running. but most of it cant even install .. it gives out the

QuoteAn Error Has Occurred!
You cannot download or install new packages because the Packages directory or one of the files in it are not writable!

even when i changed ALL the data to 777 ...  :( :(

Dazed

even when i changed ALL the data to 777 ...  :( :(

Just a small item... Some hosts, like mine, will not let you alter the permissions past 755. If I use 777 it will error out. Try 755 if you don't have luck with the other recommendations to this point.

coldfusionpower

problem solved... start a fresh copy, manually install one by one .. all mods are working .. just now i got a problem with the post section .. written post with bbc codes goes haywire (wrong colored word, wrong size, etc).  post without bbc code are fine .

chakru

I figured out the problem go to admincp--> packages---> options---> in "clean permissions" select "All files are writable." and click file change permissions. It worked for me hopefully it will also for you :D

Advertisement: