News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Getting 403 forbidden

Started by taha116, November 30, 2008, 12:06:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

taha116

Ok first i was jsut getting it like mad for alot of things... then it stopped after a while and right now the only thing i have it in is at features and options-options every time i attempt to save changes it get that dam forbidden thing.  I found topics for 1.1.x and tried thier solutions , no dice, please tell me what  to do ive been stuck for a while now

I also cannot accesss file permissions  it just give me a blank page

I am also getting internal server errors when i try to upload a package with package managaer and also same thing when i try to post

IM using 2.0 beta 4
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has though of someone to blame things on"
I forgot the name
BUY electronic cigarettes with rechargeable batteries as well as flavored refills for cheap prices and only 1-2 dollars of shipping!
http://www.ngcigarettes.com/
~Taha116

swtdivalove

Check your file/folder permissions using an FTP Client or through cPanel File Manager.

taha116

I believe i used cp file manager and fixed them according to instilation instructions on trhe doc site, still no dice
"The man who smiles when things go wrong has though of someone to blame things on"
I forgot the name
BUY electronic cigarettes with rechargeable batteries as well as flavored refills for cheap prices and only 1-2 dollars of shipping!
~Taha116

greyknight17

Try the suggestion in this post to see if it fixes that issue. You need to create a .htaccess file and copy/paste that information mentioned in that post.

taha116

Quote from: greyknight17 on November 30, 2008, 12:48:23 PM
Try the suggestion in this post to see if it fixes that issue. You need to create a .htaccess file and copy/paste that information mentioned in that post.

I already tried

<IfModule mod_security.c>
   # Turn off mod_security filtering.  SMF is a big boy, it doesn't need its hands held.
   SecRuleEngine Off

# The below probably isn't needed, but better safe than sorry.
   SecRequestBodyAccess Off
</IfModule>

But i think it might be case sensitivity cuz i had a case sensitivity problem before with my server, any idea what it should look like to be acceptable to a case sensitive server ?
I forgot the name
~Taha116

greyknight17

Use repair_settings.php and make sure that the database information is correct. Then click on the Recommended values. Save the changes. Delete the repair_settings.php file once you are done. See if that will fix the issue.

taha116

after about 4-5 hours after editing htaccess things started runing smoothly not sure if it was code or not but im leaving it that way, ill keep the repair thing in mind though

I still cant change anything at the features  & options- Options section it keeps giving me forbidden.... any ideas... i have a feeling that repair_settings might be risky

Maybe somone can teach me manual editing.... like wich file and what to look 4 and how to change it or sumthing? Or any othr ideas?
I forgot the name
~Taha116

greyknight17

Is this issue resolved now?

Running repair_settings.php will not cause any damage unless you change a setting incorrectly and save the changes. You can take a look now to see if you can spot any discrepancies in the paths.

Double check the permissions again for your files and folders. Files in the root SMF directory should be 644 and folders should be 755.

Advertisement: