News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package....

Started by techbot, January 10, 2009, 06:04:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

techbot

I've tried to install SMF Gallery mod and just tried to install an ad mod, both got this message:

The package you tried to upload either is not a valid package or has become corrupted.

I'm inclined to believe that its not just a prob with the mods, but something on my forums since two different mods have done this now. I've switched back to the core theme and tried again with the same results
Any help is appreciated. Scornful comments will be met with a blank stare

techbot

Ricky.

AS said, either package is corrupt or .. you are trying to install package not meant for your current SMF version.

techbot

The corrupt package came from this site...downloaded it over and over again, minimum of 6 times. I can't understand why it'd be a bad package for ME when others got it to work just fine. My version is 1.1.7, which the package said it was made FOR this version, so those two answers don't fit here.

kat

Try upping the package to your Packages directory and installing it, from there.

techbot

its the ad mod (ad_mod_1-1-x_v2-3). i tried uploading it through the Mods link but got a message saying that it uses the same subquery as another mod

Ricky.

greyknight17

Is this issue resolved now?

Those mods definitely should work with SMF 1.1.7. Although it doesn't look like this is the problem, did you try to CHMOD all your folders to 755 to see if it helps?

If that didn't work, create a folder called temp in your Packages directory and CHMOD it to 777. Then try installing the mod again.

Advertisement: