News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

No captcha verification image

Started by magarto, December 28, 2008, 08:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magarto

Hi,

One user could register yesterday but some time later captcha verification image got lost. I cannot see it anymore: http://salsamadrid.org/register/
I have tried this but no result (also i have SMF installed without using cache): http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=249032.0

Could anyone help me? Where are captcha images stored?
Thank you very much in advance

vbgamer45

Community Suite for SMF - Take your forum to the next level built for SMF, Gallery,Store,Classifieds,Downloads,more!

SMFHacks.com -  Paid Modifications for SMF

Mods:
EzPortal - Portal System for SMF
SMF Gallery Pro
SMF Store SMF Classifieds Ad Seller Pro

magarto

I have no error about this on my error log :(
I thin that this should be a permission broken file or anything else :(
Also GD is ok, because i use Media Gallery and captcha displayed some time ago

ThorstenE

please try it with "english" as default language. maybe it's an issue with your language files..

magarto

I tried it before but no results :(
I think that there could be a permission problems in files or a mod that deleted it... then tomorrow i will try with original files :(

ThorstenE

any changes made to your files recently before the captcha disappears? maybe you have saved one or more files with UTF-8 BOM in it. when editing files use an Editor like Notepad++ (free).

magarto

Sure!!! I have change my template files to UTF-8 because i need to use accents, then this should be the problem. Is it any way to use template in UTF-8 without BUM and captcha?

magarto

You were right... i installed other theme and it worked. But i would need to use my them in UTF-8 without BOM because i have modificated my language file to use accents (if not it shows very bad). Is there any way to solve it?

tatore

From the page source, I see an extra line above the first sentence:
<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">

Can you upload here in the nex post your index.template.php file?
Usually this is the main issue, even if I'm not sure.
If the new adopted language (utf-8) pack does't affect the other themes, I'm thinking that it should be a theme's related problem.

*Salvo*

Quote from: RumbaarI wont jump to conclusion, but you might be hacked?

magarto

Here you are :)
Thanks in advance
It is in ASCII (ISO-8859-1) because i have changed all the files of this theme to ASCII but no results :(
Also i have problems with cache (my forum does not work) using UTF-8 without BOM spanish files in the language folder of the SMF default theme :S

tatore

The problem is this string:
$boarddir;loadLanguage('usercp');

That I've replaced with the original one, at the beginning of the template.

// Initialize the template... mainly little settings.
function template_init()
{
    global $modSettings,$context, $settings, $options, $txt, $boarddir;

Now I'm testing a different location for that string, but at the moment the visual verification should work.
*Salvo*

magarto

I have commented it and you are right... i will let "user control panel mod" team know about this.
Thank you very much tatore... i have tried to move this to other line but i do not know where.
To "solve" this bug i have added     $txt['usercp'] = 'My profile';  to my index.mylanguage.php file on Themes/Default/languages/mylanguage where "mylanguage" is my default language for SMF.

tatore

I'll check later how to do.
The main thing is that users may register now ;)
*Salvo*

Blackbirdadvice

Hi everybody,

I've a little trouble with the captcha picture, she's gone, really.   :P

I'm working with a custom theme ( kelto ) in french, made few modifications, and since.. I don't know when, people can't register! Very serious problem for a forum with something about... 30/40 people/day and need new members ASAP.

I don't understand this fact because I've nether touch the file register.php or anything look like that, and I've just checked the mods (4/5), they didn't do that too.. so.. where it come from?

His there someboy use the theme kelto and have the same problem? Because the captcha is well display with all the others mod.. Fortunatlly..

MyForum [nofollow]

Thanks.

And as a picture is much better than a long text..
LaVoIP.info [nofollow]
Forum francophone sur la VoIP

Advertisement: