Unlimited Attachments Permission

Started by Sesquipedalian, March 18, 2019, 05:25:12 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sesquipedalian

Link to the mod

Unlimited Attachments Permission

A modification for SMF 2.1 that adds a permission to allow membergroups to post attachments on a given board without any limits on their number, size, or file extensions.

Settings

Adds an "Exempt from attachment limits" permission to the board permission profiles available in Administration Center ► Permissions ► Edit Profiles. The permission can be granted to any given membergroup in any given permission profile.

The permission is always enabled for administrators.

License

Unlimited Attachments Permission is released under the MIT License. A full copy of this license is included in the package file.

Changelog

Version 1.2:
  • Added Dutch translation

Version 1.1:
  • Added Latin Spanish translation
  • Added Brazilian Portuguese translation

Version 1.0:
  • Initial release
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?
Sesquipedalian, the best word in the English language.

ORIONzitos

PT-BR Translation \o  8)

Total of Translations: 6
Total of translations: 10

-Rock Lee-

Thinking vaguely something, can not this bring some kind of problem if for example the user uploads malicious things? ... I leave the translation to Latin Spanish.

Regards!
¡Regresando como cual Fenix! ~ Bomber Code
Ayudas - Aportes - Tutoriales - Y mucho mas!!!

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: Rock Lee on March 20, 2019, 08:55:08 AM
Thinking vaguely something, can not this bring some kind of problem if for example the user uploads malicious things?

That's why this is set up as a permission. It should only be granted to groups that can be trusted not to break anything.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: ORIONzitos on March 20, 2019, 08:21:06 AM
PT-BR Translation \o  8)

Total of Translations: 6
Quote from: Rock Lee on March 20, 2019, 08:55:08 AM
I leave the translation to Latin Spanish.

Thank you both. I've added your translations in version 1.1. :)
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

@rjen

Attached the language file for dutch
Running SMF 2.1 with latest TinyPortal at www.fjr-club.nl

Sesquipedalian

Thanks, @@rjen. I will add that to the package and post an update soon.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

DeadMan...

Not sure if found a bug or not.

When go to post, and want to attach a file, I see this:

You cannot view this attachment.

As can see, no attachments there yet, and plenty of space and attachment numbers to go.

Funny thing is, I can upload and post, so not sure what it telling me that I reached the max number of attachments yet letting me upload/post, is all about.
I tell it how I see it... Don't like it? Hit Alt+F4!

Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen

That's an SMF bug I think, already reported here False message that the allowed number of attachments has been exceeded.
SMF doesn't understand the word unlimited, and thinks if you offer unlimited diskspace you are a con artist. :P
Slava
Ukraini!

"Before you allow people access to your forum, especially in an administrative position, you must be aware that that person can seriously damage your forum. Therefore, you should only allow people that you trust, implicitly, to have such access." -Douglas

How you can help SMF

Sesquipedalian

Quote from: Aleksi on March 05, 2023, 12:37:44 AMThat's an SMF bug I think, already reported here False message that the allowed number of attachments has been exceeded.

This is correct. The fix for this SMF bug has been submitted as part of #7676, which is scheduled for inclusion in SMF 2.1.4.
I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

DeadMan...

Quote from: Aleksi "Lex" Kilpinen on March 05, 2023, 12:37:44 AMThat's an SMF bug I think, already reported here False message that the allowed number of attachments has been exceeded.
SMF doesn't understand the word unlimited, and thinks if you offer unlimited diskspace you are a con artist. :P

Quote from: Sesquipedalian on March 05, 2023, 01:41:25 AMThis is correct. The fix for this SMF bug has been submitted as part of #7676, which is scheduled for inclusion in SMF 2.1.4.

Go figure. I'd originally posted in support, then figured out it was only when had this mod installed that got message, so posted here instead. Oh well.... LOL
I tell it how I see it... Don't like it? Hit Alt+F4!

Sesquipedalian

I promise you nothing.

Sesqu... Sesqui... what?

Advertisement: