News:

SMF 2.1.4 has been released! Take it for a spin! Read more.

Main Menu

Stop Spammer

Started by M-DVD, December 31, 2008, 07:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kindred

Huh? ???

Do ou mean that you are asked for your FTP information when you install this mod?  If so, that is completely normal for many mods, because the system need spear mission to write new or edit existing files, and SMF uses FTP to do that.
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

in5d

Quote from: Kindred on November 19, 2011, 07:47:25 AM
Huh? ???

Do ou mean that you are asked for your FTP information when you install this mod?  If so, that is completely normal for many mods, because the system need spear mission to write new or edit existing files, and SMF uses FTP to do that.

yes, that was the issue.  I just contacted my server and they needed to adjust the permissions on their end to allow this mod to work.  On the other forum where this mod was installed and fully functional, it is now back up and running after the permissions were changed.

Unfortunately, the forum where I had the initial problem is down because I tried to follow this advice (which is great, but I'm a pc dolt):

QuoteIn your /Packages/backup folder will be a file similar to this- 2011.xx.xx_before_StopSpammer.tar.gz.  It will have the date that you installed the mod, presumably today's date.  Download that archive and extract it's contents. It will have a copy of every file that was modified for the mod installation. Use those files to overwrite the ones on your server to restore your forum. Be sure to note the folder structure in the extracted archive and make sure you upload every file to each respective folder. 

...and somehow I screwed it up.

Now I'm getting this message:

Database Error: Unknown column 'logTime' in 'where clause'
File: /home/in5dco5/public_html/maya12-21-2012/2012forum/Sources/Subs.php
Line: 2617

Line 2617 in Subs.php:
WHERE " . ($do_delete ? "logTime < NOW() - INTERVAL " . ($modSettings['lastActive'] * 60) . ' SECOND' : '') . ($do_delete && !empty($ID_MEMBER) ? ' OR ' : '') . (empty($ID_MEMBER) ? '' : "ID_MEMBER = $ID_MEMBER"), __FILE__, __LINE__);

Is there a way of backing out this upload to revert the forum back to the way it was before the installation?  As noted, there is not a recent backup to my forum.
<a href="http://www.in5d.com/">in5d</a>

Robin1989

is 209,000 spammers caught a lot for a forum?

żεχเ๏ภ

Quote from: Robin1989 on November 21, 2011, 05:05:47 PM
is 209,000 spammers caught a lot for a forum?

Screenshot requested.  :L

Robin1989

ok i will attach a screenshot - we have been using this mod for probably over a year now i think

żεχเ๏ภ

Quote from: Robin1989 on November 25, 2011, 07:47:37 AM
ok i will attach a screenshot - we have been using this mod for probably over a year now i think

It's caught 5k more spammers just in the last 5 days? Wow :L

Robin1989

yeah - i get the feeling someone doesnt like us

societyofrobots

I got a problem. Before upgrading from 1.1.9 to 2.0.1, I stupidly forgot to uninstall the mod. It worked fine before upgrading. So anyway, after upgrading, I re-installed the mod and it didn't give any errors.

See attached. The little red image next to the Username, Email, and IP that identifies which one triggered the spam check isn't showing up. There is also no check/report buttons.

Lastly, in the user summary, there is no way to report the spammer.

What can I do to fix this?

(ps - it won't let me uninstall the mod as it gives me Test failed on every single file)
1. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManageRegistration.php Test failed
1. Replace ./Sources/ManageRegistration.php Test failed
2. Replace ./Sources/ManageRegistration.php Test failed
2. Execute Modification ./Sources/ManageMembers.php Test failed
1. Replace ./Sources/ManageMembers.php Test failed
2. Replace ./Sources/ManageMembers.php Test failed
3. Replace ./Sources/ManageMembers.php Test failed
4. Replace ./Sources/ManageMembers.php Test failed
5. Replace ./Sources/ManageMembers.php Test failed
6. Replace ./Sources/ManageMembers.php Test failed
7. Replace ./Sources/ManageMembers.php Test failed
8. Replace ./Sources/ManageMembers.php Test failed
9. Replace ./Sources/ManageMembers.php Test failed
10. Replace ./Sources/ManageMembers.php Test failed
11. Replace ./Sources/ManageMembers.php Test failed
12. Replace ./Sources/ManageMembers.php Test failed
13. Replace ./Sources/ManageMembers.php Test failed
3. Execute Modification ./Sources/Register.php Test failed
1. Replace ./Sources/Register.php Test failed
4. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs.php Test failed
1. Replace ./Sources/Subs.php Test failed
5. Execute Modification ./Sources/Subs-Members.php Test failed
1. Replace ./Sources/Subs-Members.php Test failed
2. Replace ./Sources/Subs-Members.php Test failed
6. Execute Modification ./Sources/Profile.php Test failed
1. Replace ./Sources/Profile.php Test failed
7. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test failed
1. Add Before ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english.php Test failed
8. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english_british.php Skipping file
9. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish.php Skipping file
10. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_es.php Skipping file
11. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_latin.php Skipping file
12. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english-utf8.php Skipping file
13. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.english_british-utf8.php Skipping file
14. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish-utf8.php Skipping file
15. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_es-utf8.php Skipping file
16. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/languages/Modifications.spanish_latin-utf8.php Skipping file
17. Delete File ./Sources/StopSpammer.php
18. Delete File ./Themes/default/images/icons/spammer.gif
19. Delete File ./Themes/default/images/icons/suspect.gif
20. Delete File ./Themes/default/images/icons/moreinfo.gif
UnInstall in Other Themes
To use this modification in themes other than the default, the package manager needs to make additional changes to the other themes. If you'd like to install this modification in the other themes, please select these themes below.
Core Theme
Delete File ./Themes/core/images/icons/spammer.gif
Delete File ./Themes/core/images/icons/suspect.gif
Delete File ./Themes/core/images/icons/moreinfo.gif

busterone

If it installed with no errors, and now it shows errors for all the files needed to edit, you may have a permissions issue. Have you changed any file and folder permissions since the installation?  I would check permissions firstly to see if they are writable by the forum.

If that fails, how many other mods are you using, and did you install them after installing Stop spammer when you upgraded? It is also possible that one or more have made changes to those files that Stop Spammer needs to edit, but I tend to think it is a permissions thing since every single edit that the mod requires gives an error.

societyofrobots

Quote from: busterone on November 28, 2011, 06:22:06 PM
If it installed with no errors, and now it shows errors for all the files needed to edit, you may have a permissions issue. Have you changed any file and folder permissions since the installation?  I would check permissions firstly to see if they are writable by the forum.
What should the permissions be? Everything in my Sources folder is chmod 644, for example. (I feel like the answer to this is somewhere but I can't seem to find it)

If that fails, how many other mods are you using, and did you install them after installing Stop spammer when you upgraded? It is also possible that one or more have made changes to those files that Stop Spammer needs to edit, but I tend to think it is a permissions thing since every single edit that the mod requires gives an error.
Yea, I installed about 10 other mods after Stop Spammer. I tried uninstalling as many as I could (to figure out the Stop Spammer issue), but 5 of them remaining are also now giving me at least one Test Failed so I can't remove them.

busterone

644 should work. Mine are at 644 as well with no issues, so probably not the issue.
Somewhere along the line since the upgrade, it sounds like one or more mod installs or uninstalls have left code where it shouldn't be, or your upgrade from 1.1.x to 2.0 wasn't complete.

You can download the large upgrade pack(you probably already have it since you upgraded) to your computer, unzip it, and then upload all the files to your forum, overwriting everything. That will give you all new files to work with. Of course, after that you will have to reinstall all mods. The database info for any mods will still be intact, so you should not lose any info if any of your mods require it. 

societyofrobots

I just reinstalled the forum again, then reinstalled Stop Spammer. It turns out I must have forgotten to click the check box at the bottom that says install for 'Core Theme'. 'The Awaiting Approval (5)' page is now correctly working.

But that only fixed one of the issues.

On the Profile Page of the individual spammers, I cannot find a way to 'check/report this spammer'. It looks just like in the image above. Ideas?

busterone

It should be under actions- check this member
Sorry, I uploaded the wrong image. Corrected.   :)

societyofrobots

ah! ok, it's there. thanks! :)

busterone

Good deal.  :)
Any other issues or are you good now?

societyofrobots

Well, there is that annoying bug where I have to Check the member after Reporting for him to be actually tagged as a spammer. This wasn't a problem with earlier versions, and I assumed it'd be fixed soon? :P

yungblood

I just installed Stop Spammer 2.3.9 on SMF 2.0.1. The install seemed to go clean, but I am missing a lot. When I look at all members, I see nothing new. And on the registration/setting page, I'm missing the last 3 lines. Where's my connection to Stop Forum Spam? See images...

busterone

Quote from: societyofrobots on November 30, 2011, 01:27:50 AM
Well, there is that annoying bug where I have to Check the member after Reporting for him to be actually tagged as a spammer. This wasn't a problem with earlier versions, and I assumed it'd be fixed soon? :P
Yea, I remember that. I presume that snoopy will, but he has been absent. He was recovering from an accident, and I haven't seen him on a couple of other sites that we are both active on either.  I need to check into his site to see if he is ok and recovering/or recovered.  For now, I guess it will remain as is until he says otherwise.   :)

busterone

Quote from: yungblood on November 30, 2011, 02:26:44 AM
I just installed Stop Spammer 2.3.9 on SMF 2.0.1. The install seemed to go clean, but I am missing a lot. When I look at all members, I see nothing new. And on the registration/setting page, I'm missing the last 3 lines. Where's my connection to Stop Forum Spam? See images...
It looks like some template edits did not get completed even though the package manager said it did, presuming it did. Did package manager display any errors previous to completing the install?

V@no

Quote from: societyofrobots on November 30, 2011, 01:27:50 AM
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.msg3202373#msg3202373

Advertisement: