News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Stop Spammer

Started by M-DVD, December 31, 2008, 07:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

M-DVD

MOD Stop Spammer v2.0
=================

New features:

• Fixed issue with membername and error in conection - Thanks edi67 & WVHunter & snoopy_virtual for report.
  • The MOD automatically test your host for conection remote.
  • Now you can enable and disable this MOD with a click - Thanks WhatsTheRent for idea.
  • You can choose what action will happen automatically if connection fails.

• Show Error and Stop Registration.
    • Allow Immediate Registration.
    • Member Approval and show icon for check ("yellow alert", my fav)
  • Now you can check any data in SFS Web, with a click
  • Also you can check all data of many members automatically with a simple click, selecting in the list  - Thanks snoopy_virtual for idea.
  • And also you can report many members automatically with a click, selecting in the list - Thanks snoopy_virtual for idea.

How do I upgrade?

• Uninstall the previous version
  • Install the new
  • Recommended Update? Yeah :D

MOD Stop Spammer v2.1
=================

• Fixed "little" bug in the function checkreportMembers.
    If you use SMF 1.1.X, you must upgrade required.
    Sorry for the inconvenience.

=======================================

Características Nuevas:

• Reparado problema entre el nombre de usuario y "error en conexión".
  • El MOD automáticamente prueba tu host si puede hacer conexión remota.
  • Ahora puedes activar y desactivar el MOD con un click.
  • Puedes elegir que acción se tomará en caso que ocurra error en conexión.

• Mostrar error y abortar el registro.
    • Permitir el Registro.
    • Poner bajo aprobación y mostrar ícono para revisar ("alerta amarilla", mi fav)
  • Ahora puedes revisar cualquier dato en la Web SFS, con un click.
  • También puedes revisar todos los datos de muchos miembros automáticamente con un click, seleccionándolos de la lista.
  • Y también, puedes reportar muchos miembros automáticamente con un simple click, seleccionándolos de la lista.

¿Como actualizar?

• Desinstalar la anterior versión
  • Instalar la nueva
  • Actualización Recomendada :D

MOD Stop Spammer v2.1
=================

• Reparado "pequeño" error en la función checkreportMembers.
    Si usas SMF 1.1.X, debes actualizar necesariamente.
    Disculpen los inconvenientes.

¿Como actualizar?

• Desinstalar la anterior versión
  • Instalar la nueva
  • Actualización Recomendada :D

M-DVD

FAQ MOD Stop Spammer v2.0
====================

Index

Introduction Up

This MOD allows check the members at the time of registration by comparing their data with the Spammer DB of Stop Forum Spam.

Also You can check or report any members in any time with one simple click.

The spammers found, are placed in state approval, and may not hurt your forum. It isn't necessary to have enable the option member approval, this automatically is activated for spammers detected, and not disturb your members.

Installation Up

This mod makes many changes, but although you have many MODs installed and use another theme, 95% will can install automatically without problems. (*)

(*)If you don't use the default theme, only upload the images (spammer.gif, suspect.gif, moreinfo.gif) to the folder $imagesdir/icons. And in the SMF 2.0, this isn't necessary, also is automatic.

The changes occur in files that don't affect the operation common in the forum. Therefore, it is not a burden.

DataBase Spammers Up

This MOD works with the online DB of Stop Forum Spammers Web. No need to download or install DB. Is consulted online and is always updated.

Test Host Remote Connection Up

The MOD automatically makes a test to determine if your host can make remote connection to the DB SFS.

Admin > Members > Registration > Setting

You should be logged for see this image
If this message appears,
then your host can make remote connection.
In this case, couldn't make connection.
It is possible that later works it.

Connection Fails Up

Even if your host can do remote connection, could fail in the time that a member is registering.

You can choose the action to take automatically the MOD if this happens

Admin > Members > Registration > Setting

• Show Error and Stop Registration.
  • Allow Immediate Registration.
  • Member Approval and show icon for check ("yellow alert", my fav)

Known Issues Up

Your host never make remote connection and always get the warning.

Your host maybe not have enabled the function fsockopen. Try installing this MOD, and then repeat the test.

Icon Links for More Info Up

You can do click in the Icon 'More Info' and get more details of activity spammers from this data.

Admin > Members > View All Members / Awaiting Approval

Doing click in icon to IP = 84.19.176.191
This data appears in the database 111 times.

Icon Links and Alert Color Up

There are three types of icons (alerts).

Admin > Members > View All Members / Awaiting Approval

Red Icon: This data was found in the DB. You can find more information clicking about his activity.

Icon Blue: The data wasn't in the DB at the time it was revised, or the MOD wasn't yet installed. You can check it with a simple click.

Yellow Icon: This member couldn't be revised because failed to connect with the DB. You can check it manually with a click.

• perico palote couldn't be check
  • buy soma has been found in the DB, but not his IP
  • New Spammers nick and mail wasn't in the DB, but his IP yes

Check Selected Members Up

Also you can check member, that you have suspicion or who haven't been checked because the MOD wasn't installed.

Admin > Members > View All Members

You can check many members with only one click.

• I have suspicion of bispswitype, mice of men george and perico palote 2.
  • perico palote couldn't be check, then i do check now.

• Yeah, mice of men george and bispswitype are spammers
  • perico palote and perico palote 2 turned out to be innocent

Report Spammers or more data Up

You can report new data with a simple click.

Admin > Members > View All Members

• OreriEPn wasn't in the DB, but he was spamming in my forum.
  • buy soma was found in the DB and his mail, but not this IP, new IP?.

• Yes, I have already reported these spammers.

What to do? Up

In the list of Awaiting Approval, you can decide what to do with the spammers and with the innocent.

Admin > Members > Awaiting Approval

• perico palote was suspicious, and already it isn't. I can approve it.

• These are spammers, I can reject them.

You are free to translate this FAQ

WVHunter

I am using the Mercury Theme on my SMF forum Version 1.1.8.  I uploaded and install your MOD to my site and I do not see it anywhere when I am on the admin side of my forum.

I go to Admin > Members > Registration > Setting

and go down to the bottom where your image shows that it should be but nothing.

Any ideas as to why.  The upload and the install seemed to work fine with no error messages at all.

M-DVD

Attach your Register.template.php

Are there errors in the log error?

Note: stopforumspam is down in this moment ???? :o >:(

WVHunter

Quote from: M-DVD on February 08, 2009, 10:36:28 PM
Attach your Register.template.php

Are there errors in the log error?

Note: stopforumspam is down in this moment ???? :o >:(

This is from Themes/default

Themes/mercury11rc3 doesn't have a Register.template.php in it.  In fact it doesn't have a lot of the files that are in the Themes/default directory.

This is the only time I found an error in the ERROR LOG for Stop Spammers:

Guest                                                      Today at 09:27:50 PM 
89.149.254.XXX (I blocked the last three numbers)  f01b5ab83b530bdbcbc591cf6c08e504 
MY FORUM URL WAS HERE - REMOVED BY ME
Error with DB Anti SPAM. Connection Failed.

Don't know if it was working or not, but again I don't see any settings for me to use when I go to Admin, Members, Registration, Setting

snoopy_virtual

I can see in your Register.template.php file that you haven't done any modification in it.

It is exactly as it comes from SMF in the first place.

Are you sure this is the Register.template.php as it is just now inside your server inside the Themes/default folder?

If so, try to uninstall the mod and install it again or try to follow the steps for "manual installation".

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

jenkjenk

i'm interest translate your program to thai lang :)

M-DVD

Quote from: WVHunter on February 08, 2009, 10:16:27 PM
I am using the Mercury Theme on my SMF forum Version 1.1.8.  I uploaded and install your MOD to my site and I do not see it anywhere when I am on the admin side of my forum.

I go to Admin > Members > Registration > Setting

and go down to the bottom where your image shows that it should be but nothing.

Any ideas as to why.  The upload and the install seemed to work fine with no error messages at all.

Answer:
Quote from: snoopy_virtual on February 09, 2009, 07:49:40 AM
I can see in your Register.template.php file that you haven't done any modification in it.

It is exactly as it comes from SMF in the first place.

Yes 

Quote from: WVHunter on February 08, 2009, 11:22:48 PM
This is the only time I found an error in the ERROR LOG for Stop Spammers:

Guest                                                      Today at 09:27:50 PM 
89.149.254.XXX (I blocked the last three numbers)  f01b5ab83b530bdbcbc591cf6c08e504 
MY FORUM URL WAS HERE - REMOVED BY ME
Error with DB Anti SPAM. Connection Failed.

Don't know if it was working or not, but again I don't see any settings for me to use when I go to Admin, Members, Registration, Setting

Yesterday, for a couple of hours, the site was down (at that time).

Quote from: jenkjenk on February 09, 2009, 08:03:07 AM
i'm interest translate your program to thai lang :)

Perfect, no problem, thanks. :)

WVHunter

M-DVD,

I have checked under the Admin > Packages and it says that your mod is installed.

After I upgraded to Version 1.1.8 of SMF, I installed  your mod.  I used the Admin > Packages > Upload Package to upload your mod to my server.  Once uploaded, it showed everything was fine.  There were some files that didn't show "Tested", they were left blank.  Could this be the issue.  Should I make sure that all files are writteable before uploading and installing?

The Register.template.php is from my Themes/default and not from my Mercury 1.1.RC3 theme that I am using.

I am at work right now and have no access to my site...ITO people have that site blocked here at work.  Just lucky they don't have this site blocked.

I really need for your mod to work.

Thanks for your help.

snoopy_virtual

The installer only changes the Register.template.php file inside the default theme.

If you have another Register.template.php file inside your theme folder you need to do the modifications manually inside it.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

WVHunter

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on February 09, 2009, 09:43:30 AM
The installer only changes the Register.template.php file inside the default theme.

If you have another Register.template.php file inside your theme folder you need to do the modifications manually inside it.

The Mercury theme has no Register.template.php file in it.  I checked that last night when M-DVD asked me to attach the Register.template.php file.  I could only find that file in the Themes/default directory.  All the other themes didn't have a Register.template.php file.

M-DVD

Also, you can check the support forum if some people have had this problem installing MODs after updated to 1.1.8, or open an topic.

The problem that you mention is "mysterious", not seems about this or any other MOD. It seems something extra. Those files have write permission? Will be another problem?

WVHunter

M-DVD and snoopy_virtual,

I have it working now!   :D

I removed the earlier version of Stop Spammer that I installed yesterday afternoon.  I then downloaded the new version.  I went to my Administrative side of my SMF board and made all files writeable, then I proceeded with the upload and the install of the MOD.

Everything went fine.  I know have the settings info on my Registration > Settings.

One issue I found...the image files (gif) did not load over into my Mercury theme Icon directory.  I unzipped the MOD and saved it to my hard drive and then FTP'd the images up to my Icon directory under the Mercury theme.

Don't know why they didn't load up during the install.

But now all is okay.  I have the little magnifying glasses and the search works.  It already shows 1 Spammer blocked.

Again THANKS! for all your assistance and advice.  Also for a great MOD!!

HR

Already got the button but I used a different mod/method to create it. Perhaps you could alter it accordingly for your own purposes. My rendition adds to the tracking section so as to not time out or overload anything. Since the variables are already puled and identified its just a matter of submission with the additional API key set in settings.

Of course the submission is not visible if you dont have access to the area OR if its your own profile. As I havent made the button public on my site due to possible hazards (idiots thinking they are banning). IF you consider it pressing it would interfere with registration on ANY form of site that is making use of SFS's database.  Of course if you register there you have the option of removing keys from your profile.. so Im on the fence.

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.
If I do it and you implement it its a crap shoot.

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: WVHunter on February 09, 2009, 01:43:36 PM

I have it working now!   :D

Glad to hear that  ;)

One issue I found...the image files (gif) did not load over into my Mercury theme Icon directory.  I unzipped the MOD and saved it to my hard drive and then FTP'd the images up to my Icon directory under the Mercury theme.

Don't know why they didn't load up during the install.

Yes, the installer only upload the 3 icons inside de default/images/icons folder and you need to upload them manually to your theme images/icons folder.

I have been trying to sort this but cannot find how.

M-DVD should add this point to the FAQ

M-DVD

Quote from: HR on February 09, 2009, 01:51:10 PM
Already got the button but I used a different mod/method to create it. Perhaps you could alter it accordingly for your own purposes. My rendition adds to the tracking section so as to not time out or overload anything. Since the variables are already puled and identified its just a matter of submission with the additional API key set in settings.

Of course the submission is not visible if you dont have access to the area OR if its your own profile. As I havent made the button public on my site due to possible hazards (idiots thinking they are banning). IF you consider it pressing it would interfere with registration on ANY form of site that is making use of SFS's database.  Of course if you register there you have the option of removing keys from your profile.. so Im on the fence.

The image look interesting.

Where in the forum you have added this?

If you want you can make and publish this AddOn. :)

Quote from: snoopy_virtual on February 09, 2009, 06:49:16 PM

I have it working now!   :D

Glad to hear that  ;)

Me too.

And the FAQ have been updated with this points.

Quote from: HR on February 09, 2009, 01:51:10 PM

The image look interesting.

Where in the forum you have added this?

If you want you can make and release this AddOn.

HR

URL is link in my signature. Although my particular revision isnt as intrusive as what you have here in terms of file alterations you have some interesting alterations I might be able to play off of like the database of attempts and what not.

I can explain this as simply as possible.. If I do it & implement I guarantee it.

PerryM

Love the concept of the module!!!

However just downloaded and installed v 2.1 in smf 2.0 RC1 and when I try to add a new user from the Admin I get:

The database value you're trying to insert does not exist: is_spammer

Sadly, I must uninstall your module unit this is fixed.

I appreciate the hard work...
Perry

HR

Quote from: PerryM on February 10, 2009, 08:52:27 AM

However just downloaded and installed v 2.0 in smf 2.0 RC1 and when I try to add a new user from the Admin I get:

If the section isnt there you could either manually run the code.php file to create the field or use phpmyadmin and manually add it to the members table.

PerryM

Quote from: HR on February 10, 2009, 09:06:37 AM
Quote from: PerryM on February 10, 2009, 08:52:27 AM

However just downloaded and installed v 2.0 in smf 2.0 RC1 and when I try to add a new user from the Admin I get:

If the section isnt there you could either manually run the code.php file to create the field or use phpmyadmin and manually add it to the members table.

Thanks for the hint (I was using v 2.1 by the way).  But I can't have my admins doing this so I'll have to wait for v 2.2.
Perry

Advertisement: