News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Stop Spammer

Started by M-DVD, December 31, 2008, 07:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BellyDanceDreams

Hello I have changed all the code files but I am at the end of the instructions and I I don't understand how to 'execute install_1.php...
  I have uploaded install_1.php and opened it but it just says

Fatal error: Call to undefined function db_query() in /home/bellydan/public_html/forums/install_1.php on line 9

Or am I doing it wrong?...
Erina Medine

BellyDanceDreams

Quote from: Poppet34 on May 23, 2009, 03:05:58 AM
Hello, I am trying to get this mod installed.  My boards are 1.1.9 and I have no other mods installed.

I tried to install by using the package manager, but I was not able to do it.  I have never been able to use this feature for some reason.  Anyway....so I did the manual install, updated each of files as directed.

Now the last step is to run the following queries manually on Install_1.php

INSERT IGNORE INTO
{$db_prefix}settings
(variable, value)
VALUES ('stopspammer_count' ,'0'),
('stopspammer_enable','1'),
('stopspammer_show01','1'),
('stopspammer_faildb

I am a bit lost on this step.  I assumed that it was to be done in phpmyadmin, but that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Oh, I have the same problem, have you figured out what to do?
Erina Medine

Poppet34

Quote from: BellyDanceDreams on May 23, 2009, 10:52:14 AM
Hello, I am trying to get this mod installed.  My boards are 1.1.9 and I have no other mods installed.

I tried to install by using the package manager, but I was not able to do it.  I have never been able to use this feature for some reason.  Anyway....so I did the manual install, updated each of files as directed.

INSERT IGNORE INTO
{$db_prefix}settings
(variable, value)
('stopspammer_faildb

I am a bit lost on this step.  I assumed that it was to be done in phpmyadmin, but that didn't work.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Not yet  :(

M-DVD

Quote from: naitram on May 22, 2009, 08:18:23 AM
having finally caught one the number already reset it self, thanks for the help

Quote from: MissyNL on May 22, 2009, 09:10:48 AM

Your welcome :)

--

Quote from: geminiguy on May 22, 2009, 10:59:46 PM
Sorry if I might have missed the answer to this question but, will this mod be updated now to the latest 1.1.9?

Already should work fine for 1.1.X and 2RC1-1

--

Quote from: Gort on May 22, 2009, 11:37:16 PM
Seems to work fine with 1.1.9. Then again, I've only just installed it.

Great mod and many thanks to the mod creator for making it. :)

Thanks for your comment :)

--

INSERT IGNORE INTO
{$db_prefix}settings
(variable, value)
('stopspammer_faildb

The package manager, don't shows the entire contents of the php files (I don't know because).

- You should install automatically.

- Or you should do download the file and copy the entire query in phpmyadmin.

- Or edit the install_X.php file and place the beginning

if (file_exists(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php') && !defined('SMF'))
require_once(dirname(__FILE__) . '/SSI.php');
elseif (!defined('SMF'))
die('<b>Error:</b> Cannot install - please verify you put this in the same place as SMF\'s index.php.');

And then run it.

--

I tried to install by using the package manager, but I was not able to do it.  I have never been able to use this feature for some reason.

You should solve this problem. It is more convenient automatic installation, and anyway, it is something that apparently doesn't work fine, and everything should work fine.

You can get help about it in this board :)

Poppet34

Quote- Or edit the install_X.php file and place the beginning

Code: [Select]
elseif (!defined('SMF'))
   die('<b>Error:</b> Cannot install - please verify you put this in the same place as SMF\'s index.php.');
And then run it.

--

Quote from: Poppet34 on Today at 03:05:58 AM
I tried to install by using the package manager, but I was not able to do it.  I have never been able to use this feature for some reason.

You should solve this problem. It is more convenient automatic installation, and anyway, it is something that apparently doesn't work fine, and everything should work fine.

You can get help about it in this board 

That worked.  Thanks.

As far as the package manager.  I agree, it would be less of a pain and I will get around to fixing it at some point.  ;D

M-DVD

GaMeR

This mod is great. Installed without any errors, working nicely.
I translated it, into my language and will post it after some testing.

coledavis

I'm having trouble installing this. I've got it there on 'browse packages' but every time I press 'apply mod', I get an apply mod 'Installation Readme' page up. It is unclear what I have to do now.

M-DVD

Quote from: GaMeR on May 25, 2009, 09:04:34 AM

Thanks for your comment :D

Quote from: coledavis on May 25, 2009, 11:06:17 AM
I'm having trouble installing this. I've got it there on 'browse packages' but every time I press 'apply mod', I get an apply mod 'Installation Readme' page up. It is unclear what I have to do now.

Ok.

You should do 'Scroll Down', 'Scroll Down', 'Scroll Down' etc

And press "Install Now" button :)

coledavis

Quote from: M-DVD on May 25, 2009, 11:16:00 AM
Quote from: GaMeR on May 25, 2009, 09:04:34 AM

Thanks for your comment :D

Quote from: coledavis on May 25, 2009, 11:06:17 AM

Ok.

You should do 'Scroll Down', 'Scroll Down', 'Scroll Down' etc

And press "Install Now" button :)
Thanks!

GaMeR

My mod is just stopped working. After catching 500 spammers (via user list) now I can't run a check on members. I can see 2-3 members are spammers by clicking the magnifier glass but when I select those 3 and press "check these members at SFS database" button, nothing happens. :(

Also I just realized that my user list is all blue icons. No yellow, no red. Only blue and some of them are spammers.

Did I put a lot of work on SFS db? I was checking all my members page by page. ;)

M-DVD

Quote from: coledavis on May 25, 2009, 11:23:19 AM
Thanks!

Your welcome. :)

--

Turkish translation have been added, thanks for GaMeR.

--

Quote from: GaMeR on May 25, 2009, 07:21:06 PM
My mod is just stopped working. After catching 500 spammers (via user list) now I can't run a check on members. I can see 2-3 members are spammers by clicking the magnifier glass but when I select those 3 and press "check these members at SFS database" button, nothing happens. :(

Also I just realized that my user list is all blue icons. No yellow, no red. Only blue and some of them are spammers.

Did I put a lot of work on SFS db? I was checking all my members page by page. ;)

Ok, maybe, you have excedded the limit querys (¡¡5000 querys for day!!).

Stop by today, and continues tomorrow. If you continue today, all will be in blue.

Was highly unlikely that someone over the limit, but now I will do something to display a warning in case it happens :P

GaMeR

Quote from: M-DVD on May 25, 2009, 07:32:14 PM

Stop by today, and continues tomorrow. If you continue today, all will be in blue.

Was highly unlikely that someone over the limit, but now I will do something to display a warning in case it happens :P

Ok, I will take a rest for a day. I hope it will be ok. :)

ZeUsSaN

██████ russian:
$txt['stopspammer_error'] = 'Ошибка связи с БД Anti Spam. Не удалось подключится.<br />Пожалуйста пробуйте снова  немного позже, или свяжитесь с ВебМастером';
$txt['stopspammer_count'] = 'Спамеры были заблокированы на сегодняшний день';
$txt['stopspammer_title'] = 'Найдите больше информации на Форуме `Stop Spam`';

$txt['stopspammer_enable'] = 'Включить/Выключить Мод Stop Spammer';
$txt['stopspammer_show01'] = 'Показать, ссылку "Больше Информации" для Всех Пользователей';
$txt['stopspammer_show01_sub']= 'Вы можете проверить любого пользователя в любой время, одным простым кликом';

$txt['stopspammer_faildb'] = 'Если произошла ошибка связи с БД Anti Spam...';
$txt['stopspammer_fail01'] = 'Показать Ошибку и Остановить Регистрацию';
$txt['stopspammer_fail02'] = 'Позволить Непосредственно Регистрацию';
$txt['stopspammer_fail03'] = 'Одобрение пользователя и показывать иконку для проверки';
$txt['stopspammer_faildb1_sub'] = 'Ваш хост может сделать удалённое подключение к БД';
$txt['stopspammer_faildb2_sub'] = 'Ваш хост не может сделают удалённое подключение к БД, Попробуйте пождже<br />Если это продолжаются просмотрите Тему Поддержки и поищите ответ среди ';
$txt['stopspammer_not_translate'] = '<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.new#post_issues"><span class="error"><b>Известных проблем</b></span></a>';

$txt['stopspammer_leyd01'] = 'Not Spammer: Этих данных нет в БД. Но вы можете проверить';
$txt['stopspammer_leyd02'] = 'Подозреваемый: Этот пользователь не проверен. Проверить сейчас';
$txt['stopspammer_leyd03'] = 'Spammers: Посмотрите больше информации деятельности этого спамера';

$txt['in_stop_forum_spam'] = 'В Stop Forum Spam Web(SFS):';
$txt['spammers_checks'] = 'Проверить этих пользователей;
$txt['spammers_report'] = 'Сообщить об этих пользователях;
$txt['confirm_spammers_checks'] = 'Вы уверены, что хотите проверить выбраннх пользователей?';
$txt['confirm_spammers_report'] = 'Вы уверены, что хотите сообщить о выбранных пользователях?\nПодумайте, что, когда вы сообщите про пользователя в SFS его пометят как спамера во всем мире,\nи он/она не сможет использовать любой из форумов, связанных с SFS во всем мире.\n\n Сделайте это, только если вы абсолютно уверены, они спамеры и если по какой-либо причине произошли ошибки,\nрозскажите как можно скорее создателям модификации, чтобы они как можно быстрее исправили ошибку внутри SFS данных.';

██████ ukrainian:   
$txt['stopspammer_error'] = 'Помилка зв\\\'язку з БД Anti Spam. Не вдалося підключиться.<br /> Будь ласка пробуйте знову трохи пізніше, або зв\\\'яжіться з ВебМайстром ';
$txt['stopspammer_count'] = 'Спамери були заблоковані на сьогоднішній день';
$txt['stopspammer_title'] = 'Знайдіть більше інформації на Форумі `Stop Spam`';

$txt['stopspammer_enable'] = 'Увімкнути/Вимкнути Мод Stop Spammer';
$txt['stopspammer_show01'] = 'Показати, посилання "Більше Інформації" для всіх користувачів';
$txt['stopspammer_show01_sub'] = 'Ви можете перевірити будь-якого користувача в будь-який час, одним простим кліком';

$txt['stopspammer_faildb'] = 'Якщо сталася помилка зв\\\'язку з БД Anti Spam ...';
$txt['stopspammer_fail01'] = 'Показати Помилку та Зупинити Реєстрацію';
$txt['stopspammer_fail02'] = 'Дозволити Безпосередньо Реєстрацію';
$txt['stopspammer_fail03'] = 'Рейтинг клієнта користувача і показувати іконку для перевірки';
$txt['stopspammer_faildb1_sub'] = 'Ваш хост може зробити віддалене підключення до БД';
$txt['stopspammer_faildb2_sub'] = 'Ваш хост не може зроблять віддалене підключення до БД, Спробуйте пождже <br /> Якщо це продовжується перегляньте Тему Підтримки та пошукайте відповідь серед ';
$txt['stopspammer_not_translate'] = '<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.new#post_issues"> <span class="error"> <b>Відомих проблем</b></span></a>';

$txt['stopspammer_leyd01'] = 'Not Spammer: Цих даних немає в БД. Але ви можете перевірити ';
$txt['stopspammer_leyd02'] = 'Підозрюваний: Цей користувач не перевірений. Перевірити зараз';
$txt['stopspammer_leyd03'] = 'Spammers: Подивіться більше інформації діяльності цього спамера';

$txt['in_stop_forum_spam'] = 'У Stop Forum Spam Web(SFS):';
$txt['spammers_checks'] =' Перевірити цих користувачів;
$txt['spammers_report'] = 'Повідомити про цих користувачів;
$txt['confirm_spammers_checks'] =' Ви впевнені, що хочете перевірити вибраннх користувачів? ';
$txt['confirm_spammers_report'] = 'Ви впевнені, що хочете повідомити про обраних користувачів?\nПодумайте, що, коли ви повідомите про користувача в SFS його Позначити як спамера в усьому світі,\nі він/вона не зможе використати будь-який з форумів , пов'язаних з SFS в усьому світі.\n\nЗробіть це, тільки якщо ви абсолютно впевнені, вони спамери і якщо з якої-небудь причини сталися помилки,\nповідомте якомога швидше розробникам модифікації, щоб вони якомога швидше виправили помилку всередині SFS даних.';

M-DVD

Quote from: GaMeR on May 25, 2009, 07:37:28 PM
Quote from: M-DVD on May 25, 2009, 07:32:14 PM

Ok, I will take a rest for a day. I hope it will be ok. :)

Good luck :)

Quote from: ZeUsSaN on May 25, 2009, 09:10:40 PM
██████ russian:

██████ ukrainian:   

Thanks, I have update your translation :)

kitz

Hi M-DVD ( &snoopy_virtual)

Firstly a big thank you for the time and effort that you guys have so far put into this mod which I installed yesterday without any problems and it seems to be working fine so far. :)

Perhaps I may have misunderstood its capabilities so can I ask a question please if what I'm understanding is correct.

I have independantly been using SFS for over a year now, we do get quite a few spammers signing up and they are all reported to SFS - so hopefully this should make things easier for my moderators.  The mods are usually pretty much on the ball and we are often one of the first to report 'new spammers' to the SFS database.

The bit I may be not fully understanding is action to take when a user has signed up and has sucessfully spammed.
Normally what we would do is delete the post, Ban user, then report to SFS.
What I cannot see is an easy way in this instance, in an option to be able to easily or automatically report to SFS when we make a ban that is not already in the SFS database.

I notice that HR appears to have implemented something..  is there any more information on how this can be done please?

or SUGGESTION 

Could this mod be further developed so that either

1) When you look at a users profile there's an easy option there to add to SFS

or

2) when a user is banned an option appears on the ban page to report to SFS.

I've added some mock ups to show examples of what I mean.

BellyDanceDreams

Quote from: M-DVD on May 23, 2009, 04:51:52 PM
Quote from: naitram on May 22, 2009, 08:18:23 AM
having finally caught one the number already reset it self, thanks for the help

Quote from: MissyNL on May 22, 2009, 09:10:48 AM

Your welcome :)

--

Quote from: geminiguy on May 22, 2009, 10:59:46 PM
Sorry if I might have missed the answer to this question but, will this mod be updated now to the latest 1.1.9?

Already should work fine for 1.1.X and 2RC1-1

--

Quote from: Gort on May 22, 2009, 11:37:16 PM
Seems to work fine with 1.1.9. Then again, I've only just installed it.

Great mod and many thanks to the mod creator for making it. :)

Thanks for your comment :)

--

INSERT IGNORE INTO
{$db_prefix}settings
(variable, value)
('stopspammer_faildb

The package manager, don't shows the entire contents of the php files (I don't know because).

- You should install automatically.

- Or you should do download the file and copy the entire query in phpmyadmin.

- Or edit the install_X.php file and place the beginning

elseif (!defined('SMF'))

And then run it.

--

You can get help about it in this board :)

Where in the beginning? before the <?php> or after the   global $db_prefix; ?

Also this has seemed have messed up my forums as no one can register through the forums, and when I try logging in it says check my cookies, even though none of my settings have changed
Erina Medine

Vampy

Quote from: M-DVD on May 20, 2009, 11:19:17 AM

Don't autorecognize the spammers already registered before install this MOD.

Umm actually on my site it did catch already registered members when I updated the mod :D - that's how i caught my unwelcome and problematic little visitor

fmben

Hi, the following is Simplified Chinese translating.

$txt['stopspammer_error'] = '与 Anti SPAM 数据库通讯错误,链接失败。<br />
请稍候重试,或者联系站长。';
$txt['stopspammer_count'] = '到目前为止 Spammers 已经拦截';
$txt['stopspammer_title'] = '在`Stop Forum Spam`里搜索更多信息';

$txt['stopspammer_enable'] = '开启/关闭 Stop Spammer 插件';
$txt['stopspammer_show01'] = '为所有会员显示"更多信息"链接';
$txt['stopspammer_show01_sub'] = '你可以在任何时间简单单击就检查所有的会员';

$txt['stopspammer_faildb'] = '如果链接 Anti SPAM 数据库失败...';
$txt['stopspammer_fail01'] = '显示错误并停止注册';
$txt['stopspammer_fail02'] = '允许立刻注册';
$txt['stopspammer_fail03'] = '要求会员审核和显示检查链接';
$txt['stopspammer_faildb1_sub'] = '你的主机可以链接到远程数据库';
$txt['stopspammer_faildb2_sub'] = '你的主机不能链接到数据库,请稍候重试<br />
如果一直出现,请看支持页和搜索';
$txt['stopspammer_not_translate'] = '<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.new#post_issues"><span class="error"><b>未知错误</b></span></a>';

$txt['stopspammer_leyd01'] = '非垃圾: 该数据不在数据库里,但是你可以自行检查';
$txt['stopspammer_leyd02'] = '令人怀疑的: 该会员不能检查,立刻检查';
$txt['stopspammer_leyd03'] = '垃圾发送者: 看更多关于该垃圾的信息';

$txt['in_stop_forum_spam'] = '在 Stop Forum Spam 网站:';
$txt['spammers_checks'] = '检查这些会员';
$txt['spammers_report'] = '报告这些会员';
$txt['confirm_spammers_checks'] = '你确认要检查选择的会员?';
$txt['confirm_spammers_report'] = '你确认报告选择的会员?\n\n注意当你报告该会员给 SFS 后,他/她将被全球通告为垃圾发送者\n并且他/她将不能在全球使用链接到 SFS 的论坛。\n\n只有当你非常肯定他们是垃圾发送者的时候才使用本功能,如果你错误的操作了\n尽快通知本插件制作者来更正SFS的数据库。';

fmben

The following is Traditional Chinese translating.

$txt['stopspammer_error'] = '與 Anti SPAM 資料庫通訊錯誤,鏈結失敗。<br />
請稍候重試,或者聯繫站長。';
$txt['stopspammer_count'] = '到目前為止 Spammers 已經攔截';
$txt['stopspammer_title'] = '在`Stop Forum Spam`裏搜索更多資訊';

$txt['stopspammer_enable'] = '開啟/關閉 Stop Spammer 插件';
$txt['stopspammer_show01'] = '為所有會員顯示"更多資訊"鏈結';
$txt['stopspammer_show01_sub'] = '你可以在任何時間簡單單擊就檢查所有的會員';

$txt['stopspammer_faildb'] = '如果鏈結 Anti SPAM 資料庫失敗...';
$txt['stopspammer_fail01'] = '顯示錯誤並停止註冊';
$txt['stopspammer_fail02'] = '允許立刻註冊';
$txt['stopspammer_fail03'] = '要求會員審核和顯示檢查鏈結';
$txt['stopspammer_faildb1_sub'] = '你的主機可以鏈結到遠端資料庫';
$txt['stopspammer_faildb2_sub'] = '你的主機不能鏈結到資料庫,請稍候重試<br />
如果一直出現,請看支持頁和搜索';
$txt['stopspammer_not_translate'] = '<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.new#post_issues"><span class="error"><b>未知錯誤</b></span></a>';

$txt['stopspammer_leyd01'] = '非垃圾: 該資料不在資料庫裏,但是你可以自行檢查';
$txt['stopspammer_leyd02'] = '令人懷疑的: 該會員不能檢查,立刻檢查';
$txt['stopspammer_leyd03'] = '垃圾發送者: 看更多關於該垃圾的資訊';

$txt['in_stop_forum_spam'] = '在 Stop Forum Spam 網站:';
$txt['spammers_checks'] = '檢查這些會員';
$txt['spammers_report'] = '報告這些會員';
$txt['confirm_spammers_checks'] = '你確認要檢查選擇的會員?';
$txt['confirm_spammers_report'] = '你確認報告選擇的會員?\n\n注意當你報告該會員給 SFS 後,他/她將被全球通告為垃圾發送者\n並且他/她將不能在全球使用鏈結到 SFS 的論壇。\n\n只有當你非常肯定他們是垃圾發送者的時候才使用本功能,如果你錯誤的操作了\n儘快通知本插件製作者來更正SFS的資料庫。';

Advertisement: