News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Stop Spammer

Started by M-DVD, December 31, 2008, 07:31:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

madfitz

I visited by board earlier and saw the message on the board header '1 APPROVE' so I followed the link and found a spammer caught by the mod - thank you!

Problem: After rejecting the spammer account the board header still says '1 APPROVE' and I can't remove this message. Any ideas how to reset this?

busterone

in forum maintenance - recount all forum totals and statistics should clear it.

madfitz

Quote from: busterone on February 10, 2010, 11:45:01 AM
in forum maintenance - recount all forum totals and statistics should clear it.

Thanks for the suggestion. Just tried it but the message is still there :(

Snogmarr

madfitz

Quote from: xnathansxdadx on February 10, 2010, 12:17:07 PM
Delete the message?

It's not something you can delete. It's a link that appears in the header (up there with 'show new replies' etc) when a spammer is placed in the approval queue. The link takes you to the admin page to deal with the approvals. There are no queued members (I dealt with them) but the link is still in the header.

FragaCampos

I already had this problem.
I solved it registering another account with the same data and then deleted it from the awaiting approval page.

madfitz

Quote from: FragaCampos on February 10, 2010, 01:50:19 PM
I already had this problem.
I solved it registering another account with the same data and then deleted it from the awaiting approval page.

Thanks, that works.

Strange thing is I deleted the spammer from that page in the first place.

FragaCampos

Glad i could help.

I just installed the latest version of this awesome mod.
It's working flawlessly on a heavily modded forum.

Thanks for all your hard work and for keeping this alive!

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: FragaCampos on February 10, 2010, 02:39:34 PM
Glad i could help.

I just installed the latest version of this awesome mod.
It's working flawlessly on a heavily modded forum.

Thanks for all your hard work and for keeping this alive!

By the way.

I want to contact all the people who helped with the translations. and you did the Portuguese and Brazilian.

Any chance of translating the new lines?

Thanks 

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

FragaCampos

My pleasure. Here goes the entire Portuguese translation:

// MOD Stop Spammer
$txt['stopspammer_error'] = 'Erro com a BD Anti SPAM. Liga&ccedil;&atilde;o falhada.<br />
Por favor, tente novamente mais tarde ou contacte o webmaster';
$txt['stopspammer_count'] = 'Spammers bloqueados at&eacute; hoje';
$txt['stopspammer_title'] = 'Pesquisar por mais informa&ccedil;&atilde;o em `Stop Forum Spam`';

$txt['stopspammer_enable'] = 'Activar/Desactivar o MOD Stop Spammer';
$txt['stopspammer_show01'] = 'Mostrar o link "Mais Info" para todos os membros';
$txt['stopspammer_show01_sub'] = 'Pode verificar qualquer membro a qualquer altura com um simples clique';

$txt['stopspammer_faildb'] = 'Se a liga&ccedil;&atilde;o &agrave; BD Anti Spam falhar...';
$txt['stopspammer_fail01'] = 'Mostrar erro e impedir o registo';
$txt['stopspammer_fail02'] = 'Permitir registo imediato';
$txt['stopspammer_fail03'] = 'Aprovar membro e mostrar o &iacute;cone amarelo para analisar mais tarde';
$txt['stopspammer_faildb1_sub'] = 'O seu servidor pode fazer liga&ccedil;&otilde;es remotas &agrave; BD';
$txt['stopspammer_faildb2_sub'] = 'O seu servidor n&atilde;o conseguiu efectuar a liga&ccedil;&atilde;o &agrave; BD. Tente novamente mais tarde.<br />
Se o erro persistir, visite o T&oacute;pico de Ajuda e pesquise ';
$txt['stopspammer_not_translate'] = '<a href="http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=283309.new#post_issues"><span class="error"><b>Problemas Conhecidos</b></span></a>';

$txt['stopspammer_leyd01'] = 'N&atilde;o &eacute; spammer: Estes dados n&atilde;o estavam na BD, mas pode verificar.';
$txt['stopspammer_leyd02'] = 'Suspeito: Este membro n&atilde;o p&ocirc;de ser verificado. Verifique agora.';
$txt['stopspammer_leyd03'] = 'Spammer: Veja mais informa&ccedil;&atilde;o da actividade deste spammer.';

$txt['stopspammer_profilecheck'] = 'Verificar este membro';
$txt['stopspammer_limitexceded'] = 'Excedeu o limite de verifica&ccedil;&otilde;es (5000 pesquisas por dia com chave API).<br />Tem de esperar at&eacute; amanh&atilde; para verificar novamente.';

$txt['in_stop_forum_spam'] = 'Em Stop Forum Spam Web:';
$txt['spammers_checks'] = 'Verificar estes membros';
$txt['spammers_report'] = 'Denunciar estes membros';
$txt['confirm_spammers_checks'] = 'Tem a certeza que quer verificar os membros seleccionados?';
$txt['confirm_spammers_report'] = 'Tem a certeza que quer denunciar os membros seleccionados?\n\nN&atilde;o se esque&ccedil;a que quando denunciar um membro ao SFS ele fica marcado como spammer por todo o mundo\ne n&atilde;o ser&aacute; capaz de usar nenhum dos f&oacute;runs ligados ao SFS.\n\nFa&ccedil;a-o apenas se tiver a certeza de que ele &eacute; um spammer! Se por acaso tiver cometido um erro\nentre em contacto assim que poss&iacute;vel com o autor do mod para corrigir o erro na BD do SFS.';

$txt['stopspammer_api_key'] = 'A sua chave API';
$txt['stopspammer_api_key_sub'] = 'Se quiser usar a sua pr&oacute;pria chave API tem de ir primeiro a <a href="http://www.stopforumspam.com/signup" target="_blank">www.stopforumspam.com</a> para pedir uma e coloc&aacute;-la aqui. Se n&atilde;o tiver uma chave API, deixe em branco e o mod usar&aacute; a chave API padr&atilde;o.';

$txt['stopspammer_check_sub1'] = '<br />Se o MOD Stop Spammer estiver activado, sempre que analisar um membro:';
$txt['stopspammer_check_name'] = 'Analisar o seu username';
$txt['stopspammer_check_mail'] = 'Analisar o seu e-mail';
$txt['stopspammer_check_ip'] = 'Analisar o seu IP';
$txt['stopspammer_check_sub2'] = 'Por defeito, sempre que analisar um membro com o MOD Stop Spammer, este ir&aacute; analisar o username, email e IP. Se receber demasiados falsos positivos devido aos usernames, pode desactivar essa op&ccedil;&atilde;o. N&atilde;o se recomenda a desactiva&ccedil;&atilde;o das outras duas op&ccedil;&otilde;es (verificar o email e IP) a n&atilde;o ser que saiba o que est&aacute; a fazer.';

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: FragaCampos on February 10, 2010, 06:14:08 PM
My pleasure. Here goes the entire Portuguese translation:

Muito obrigado  ;)

I will put it in the full package later today.

El verdadero sabio es aquel que lo ve todo, lo estudia todo, lo analiza todo y molesta poco.
A true wise man is he who sees everything, studies everything, analyses everything and hardly ever annoys.

snoopy_virtual

Updated language_full.zip with the new lines translated to Portuguese by FragaCampos.

The languages in this package are now:

QuoteLanguages (normal & utf-8)
Translation completed:

• English
  • English_British
  • Spanish_Es
  • Spanish_Latin

Missing 7 lines:
Missing 9 lines:

QuoteLegend
  • Included in MOD package
  • Included in language_full.zip and translation complete
  • Included in language_full.zip but translation incomplete

Cutter65

First off great job Snoop keeping this very needed mod up and improved!  ;D

My question is would it be possible to get the latest version of this mod made compatible to SMF 2.0 RC1.2? I'm one of the few that have never updated to RC2.  :( I just have modified my site so much that I don't want to deal with trying to get all the mods back working after the upgrade.

Right now I'm running  Stop Spammer 2.3 and all is working fine. I just would like to be able to select whether or not it searches for the user names. Maybe you could show me what to manually edit in the 2.3 files to add that option.

Thanks!
Cutter

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: Cutter65 on February 11, 2010, 08:06:00 AM
First off great job Snoop keeping this very needed mod up and improved!  ;D

My question is would it be possible to get the latest version of this mod made compatible to SMF 2.0 RC1.2? I'm one of the few that have never updated to RC2.  :( I just have modified my site so much that I don't want to deal with trying to get all the mods back working after the upgrade.

Right now I'm running  Stop Spammer 2.3 and all is working fine. I just would like to be able to select whether or not it searches for the user names. Maybe you could show me what to manually edit in the 2.3 files to add that option.

Thanks!
Cutter

Uf

It's not just a couple of things to change, it's a lot of them.

Anyway, What are you doing using an RC program for a site?

RC versions, beta versions and all that are only for test purposes and nobody uses them for anything important until the program reaches the stable version.

Also that's the reason why usually between one RC version and the next are normally a lot of differences. People test things in them to see how they go and they only release the stable version when they have tested everything. And then normally the stable version have the best of every beta version.

Once it's stable the changes usually are only minor ones and any mod working for a stable version normally will continue working without a problem even if the main program have a few updates.

But with beta versions you need to change a lot of things in every mod every time they change from a beta version to the next.

Conclusion: What I would do if I were you will be to change everything to SMF 1.1.11 and wait until SMF 2.0 reaches the stable version.

Anyway I suppose you are going to answer me that, now that the damage is already done, you will prefer to keep RC 1.2 and wait there for 2.0 stable.

Of course that's up to you, but as I say I wouldn't do it.

Let's see what we can do now.

One thing is sure. I am not going to do a version for an obsolete version as RC 1.2

For a start I will need to create a new forum with RC 1.2 to test if the new mod was working in it or not, because all my forums are 1.1.11 except one (that I use for tests) which is RC2, and I am not going to take that one back to RC1.2.

Too much work for a program that almost nobody uses. (You must be the only one).

The only thing I can do is to try at least to find an easy way to sort the "yellow bug" for you.

The version 2.3 had a lot of mistakes that we have been sorting here in the last 3 months, but as far as I can remember most of them were small ones. Mostly annoying things, but not dangerous ones.

If I am not wrong the only dangerous mistake is the yellow bug, but this one is really catastrophic. If you check even just one member with that version 2.3 and in that moment there is no connection with the stopforumspam web, the forum will block itself and nobody (no even the admin) will be able to log in again.

So we need to sort at least that bug for sure.

I will take a look at the code of SMF 2.0 RC 1.2 to see if I can find an easy way to sort your problem and I will post it here when I find it.

In the mean time maybe it will be better if you uninstall the mod just in case until I find a solution for that.

And don't you ever use a beta version again!!  :-*

Cutter65

Thank you Snoop for all the info! I did as you recommended and uninstalled the mod.

Cutter

snoopy_virtual

@Cutter65

You have been lucky. The solution was easy.

Take the file StopSpammer_v2_3_for_RC1.2.zip attached and unzip it.

Inside you will find 3 folders:

• original
  • without_yellow_bug_check_usernames
  • without_yellow_bug_no_check_usernames

Inside each folder you will see just one file.

The 3 files have exactly the same name StopSpammer.php but the code inside them is different. Be sure you don't mix them.

If I had tried to do a button for you so you can turn the option to check for usernames on and off it would have been too complicated, but I hope this way is easy enough for you.

If you don't want to get the yellow bug and you don't want the mod to check usernames, just take the file inside the folder without_yellow_bug_no_check_usernames and put it in your forum inside the Sources folder, overwriting the file StopSpammer.php you must have already there.

If some time later you want the mod to check again usernames, upload the other one.

The original file is there just in case I have made a mistake and something goes wrong in your forum, because (as I said before) I couldn't test these files.

If something goes wrong upload the original file and tell me what is the error.

And if nothing goes wrong and everything works as expected tell me as well. I would like to know.

Good luck.  ;)

snoopy_virtual

God.

A lot of people say I am like Einstein. Not because I am a genius (that I am) but because I forget everything.

I explained everything you needed to know and forgot to attach the f*** file.  ;D

OK

Here it is.

Cutter65

I reinstalled the mod and replaced the StopSpammer.php with the
without_yellow_bug_no_check_usernames one.

I registered a new account with a name that was in the database and all worked ok!  ;D

Thank you very much for your help!  ;D

Cutter

busterone

I was away and didn't see the request on RC1.2. Glad you sorted the rc1.2 question. I have a site on SMF rc1.2 , and have been using version 2.3 with no issues and no yellow bug symptoms.
I even tested 2.3.7 on a test site of rc1.2. It also works with a lot of manual editing, but many people are intimidated with all that editing. I haven't upgraded to RC2 because a couple of necessary mods that are not ready. I feel confident that 2.3 will suffice until I do upgrade the forum.  :)

snoopy_virtual

Quote from: busterone on February 11, 2010, 10:07:45 AM
I was away and didn't see the request on RC1.2. Glad you sorted the rc1.2 question. I have a site on SMF rc1.2 , and have been using version 2.3 with no issues and no yellow bug symptoms.
I even tested 2.3.7 on a test site of rc1.2. It also works with a lot of manual editing, but many people are intimidated with all that editing. I haven't upgraded to RC2 because a couple of necessary mods that are not ready. I feel confident that 2.3 will suffice until I do upgrade the forum.  :)

As I said before the really dangerous thing was the yellow bug.

The rest is more or less cosmetic things.

Al least with these files you can use now 2.3 in RC1.2 without fear.

And it's also a easier way to turn on and off the check usernames until you upgrade.

I'm glad it's going to be useful for somebody else.

Advertisement: