News:

Want to get involved in developing SMF, then why not lend a hand on our github!

Main Menu

Turned on Maintenance Mode now can not turn it off.. PLease help

Started by Prowler9, January 03, 2009, 01:02:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Prowler9

I turned on Maintenance Mode on my site tonight to make a few changes.  Now I can't even get to the login page to get back in to turn it off. 

My settings.php says this
$maintenance = 1;

When I change it to
$maintenance = 0;

I get this

Connection Problems

Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

Any help on getting my site working again would be great... Thanks for your time.

Prowler9

Tyrsson

This must be set to zero as far as I know... Sometimes you will get that message one minute and when you reload the page it will load. I would try to set it to zero and give it some time to see if its the server.

Also if you are admin then you should still be able to login with the value set to 1.

P.S. make sure you uploaded the file into the correct directory.
PM at your own risk, some I answer, if they are interesting, some I ignore.

Prowler9

Alright I will set it to 0 for a few..

I am admin and have done it in the past but just goes to a text page saying my reason for maintenance..

Will let ya know if that worked.

Prowler9

Ok still no dice. 

www.grandwoodsrc.com/forum/  get this error

Connection Problems
Sorry, SMF was unable to connect to the database. This may be caused by the server being busy. Please try again later.

www.grandwoodsrc.com/gallery/ gets this error

Coppermine critical error:
Unable to connect to UDB database !

MySQL said:

Prowler9

Alright Unbridged coppermine from smf for now and the gallery works fine.  Set value back to 0 for the forum but still has the same problem.

Sorry for so many posts..

Tyrsson

Are you sure nothing else was changed in the settings.php file?

Have you changed anything in the server settings area of the adminCP?

Prowler9

nope just turned the forum to maintenance mode that was it..

Prowler9

ok i figured it out...  Some how the db username got changed when it was put in maintenance mode.. I dont understand it at all but it seems to be working now.. I am going to try and rebridge it back up and see how it goes.. Thanks again for all your help!!

Tyrsson

No problem, anytime :)

I had the same thing happen to me once.

If this solves your topic please mark this topic as solved by changing the post icon in your original post or clicking the button at the bottom of the thread.

Advertisement: