News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

make a member view a topic once after registering

Started by steve51184, January 03, 2009, 06:08:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

steve51184

hi there is there a way or a mod that'll make every member (including new members) read a topic? i want this so when people join my forum that get redirected to the fules forum before they can do anything else thanks

steve51184

kind of what i'm looking for so thank you for that but this requires me to have 'Immediate Registration on and also i'd like to have all the existing members shown this to

greyknight17

Maybe use something like the Global Headers and Footers mod so the rules can be shown at all times to all members?

steve51184

Quote from: greyknight17 on January 18, 2009, 07:30:44 PM
Maybe use something like the Global Headers and Footers mod so the rules can be shown at all times to all members?

but i only want a select member group to see it..

greyknight17

So it's not for every single member then? If that's the case, we can always manually insert a table right below the navigation buttons and have it display only to members of that group. Are you using the default theme?

steve51184

Quote from: greyknight17 on January 18, 2009, 11:34:34 PM
So it's not for every single member then? If that's the case, we can always manually insert a table right below the navigation buttons and have it display only to members of that group. Are you using the default theme?

i sure am

LadyC

the mod i linked to only works for instant registration? bummer.

well, a couple of other suggestions... you could change the registration agreement to include what you want to say. you could also install the mod that automatically sends a welcome PM to all new members, and hopefully they'll read it that way.

Rumbaar

"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

steve51184

Rumbaar

Oh sorry I just realised that is only for 1.1.x.
"An important reward for a job well done is a personal sense of worthwhile achievement."

[ Themes ]

Advertisement: