News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Downgrading to lower versions

Started by krashok1990, January 04, 2009, 11:24:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

krashok1990

I am using smf 2.0 beta 4. I don't like this because, i can't find as much of mods and themes. So anyone help me to downgrade to lower version like smf 1.1.7.
Message Forum [nofollow] | Freeware Files [nofollow]

H

There is no official downgrade path unless you have a database backup using 1.1.7
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

krashok1990

Acans

Quote from: krashok1990 on January 05, 2009, 08:01:59 AM
oh..... anyway thanks.

If you would like, you could ask metallica48423. He speaks of a manual way of doing this.
"The Book of Arantor, 17:3-5
  And I said unto him, thy database query shalt always be sent by the messenger of $smcFunc
  And $smcFunc shall protect you against injections and evil
  And so it came to pass that mysql_query was declared deprecated and even though he says he is not
  dead yet, the time was soon to come to pass when mysql_query shall be gone and no more

H

Quote from: α¢αηѕ on January 05, 2009, 08:31:29 AM
oh..... anyway thanks.

If you would like, you could ask metallica48423. He speaks of a manual way of doing this.

Theoretically it is possible to do however it takes a lot of work (most likely more than anyone is willing to do!).

We could write a converter to downgrade too, but we prefer to spend time making converters allowing other people to start using SMF. There are multiple notices that it isn't yet beta software etc etc.
-H
Former Support Team Lead
                              I recommend:
Namecheap (domains)
Fastmail (e-mail)
Linode (VPS)

krashok1990

Quote from: α¢αηѕ on January 05, 2009, 08:31:29 AM
oh..... anyway thanks.

ok i will ask him.

Advertisement: