Mambo 4.5.2 Has been released and the good new is

Started by tjay, February 16, 2005, 08:40:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

tjay

Well folks there is a new release from Mambo that cleans up some bugs and streamlines the admin. Also the pattempate libraries have been added. 4.5.2 has the latest security patch included.

And the good news is, it upgrades very nicely. I just ftpd the new files over my old install, ran the upgrade script in phpmyadmin and it worked great with the SMF bridge in place.

www.cyprex.biz, my testing site has a peek

Damienov

thx alot tjay, ive been asking this at this post :D :D
the new 4.5.2 is great, makes the mambo content adding more informative.

Damienov

seems like i'm not as lucky as you Tjay.
I've upgraded my Mambo to 4.5.2 in my localhost just to checked if problems exist.
my hunch is correct in my newly upgraded site I found 2 warnings
Notice: Undefined variable: PHP_SELF in C:\Aeonserv\webroot\gamemagz\modules\mod_smf_login.php on line 18
on top of my SMF login module

and
Notice: Constant _MOS_ALLOWHTML already defined in C:\Aeonserv\webroot\gamemagz\components\com_smf\smf.php on line 15
above my Template

did you encounter this when you upgraded ?

Damienov

and another weird thing
the integration is just fine, i havent encountered problems yet.
and i've found a litle solution for this.

all you have to do is change the setting of mambo error reporting to "Simple"  :o

weird huh?

jorgen

Quote from: tjay on February 16, 2005, 08:40:10 PM
And the good news is, it upgrades very nicely. I just ftpd the new files over my old install, ran the upgrade script in phpmyadmin.

Not as easy upgrade as SMF provides though  8)

Orstio

I definitely like the improvements to the admin panel.  :D

Don't forget to run the 4.5.1 to 4.5.2 SQL query file in the installation/sql folder. ;)

deejayh

Hi All,

Ready to install 4.5.2 now.

Can someone tell that it will not damage any modules/components/mambots or either the bridge?

I had issues with setting up a clean test site and bringing in the database form my current live site - broke all over the place!

I Think I need to delete the "Old" modules ect... from the database, that I do not use in the new install!
Cheers,
Dave
Regards,
Dave
Family History UK  - http://www.familyhistory.uk.com

Orstio

QuoteCan someone tell that it will not damage any modules/components/mambots or either the bridge?

I hasn't broken anything on my site.  Don't forget to run the 4.5.1 to 4.5.2 SQL query file.  You will get errors in some of your admin menus if you don't.

Kindred

OK...  to do the updgrade from 4.5.1 to 4.5.2...

Unzip the 4.5.2 files into a location on your local machine...
Upload everything EXCEPT!!!  the template directory.
If you load the templates directory, you will have the remember to add the SMF code back into the <HEAD> to the template file.

You do not have to unload or delete any modules, components or Mambots.

in the installation directory, it has a script for the SQL commands...  copy that to your clipboard, open phpMyAdmin, paste the clipboard data into the SQL command window and execute the script.

Delete the Installation directory.

you're done... painless...

(AND it got the discussbot working properly on my site! WOO HOO!)
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

Orstio

QuoteWhat does the discuss bot do?

http://www.everything-science.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=107&Itemid=2

Scroll to the bottom of the article, and you will see a little speech balloon, followed by the number of comments already made in the forum, as a link to the discussion of the article.

The discussbot quotes text from the article, and lets people discuss the article in the specified SMF board.

Quote from: Orstio on February 17, 2005, 06:27:02 AM
I definitely like the improvements to the admin panel.  :D

Don't forget to run the 4.5.1 to 4.5.2 SQL query file in the installation/sql folder. ;)

For those with different prefix, be very careful running the SQL query file.

See: http://forum.mamboserver.com/showthread.php?t=32040

trenchteam

Thanks. Discussbot looks great.  Is there a download for SMF for this?

Orstio

Kindred

The discussbot is included with the bridge....  it consists of a mambo mambot...  nothing need to be done on the SMF side at all...
Слaва
Украинi

Please do not PM, IM or Email me with support questions.  You will get better and faster responses in the support boards.  Thank you.

"Loki is not evil, although he is certainly not a force for good. Loki is... complicated."

guido

but, there are any posibility to put a module with the content of last three posts of the anouncements's forum, in direct form in mambo ?

something like that  the central module of TinyPortal:  http://www.bloczone.net/smf/index.php

the WhiteRabbit's  com_smf  module had that function (and the calendar)

guido

Kindred

There is a last posts module included with the bridge....

You can easily modify that to grab the last posts from a specific forum. (it's similar to the forum as new items mod)
Слaва
Украинi

guido

hi

it's not the last post, it's the content they have in the last posts (the text of the post), take a look at the example of the TinyPortal

guido

Advertisement: