News:

Wondering if this will always be free?  See why free is better.

Main Menu

Additional Polls

Started by Windy, January 06, 2009, 08:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windy

Quote from: Hassan on January 19, 2009, 10:29:49 AM
i installed both mod this and who voted what.but i can't see user names who voted in poll.in table view its missing and in select box no name just ----- this option.but when i install only who voted what it shows fine.
tried on 1.1.7 with no other mod.any thoughts/
http://www.simplemachines.org/community/index.php?topic=284435.msg1869988#msg1869988
All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Mods are only updated to the latest same major version of smf on request.

!Hachi!

i installed both mods with no errors but i can't see username showing up under polls option.
screenshot attached
Happy Ramadan

sreisenb001

I installed on my new test forum.. it looks the same as the regular SMF poll..What am i doing wrong not to see the additonal polls

LinK187

Quote from: sreisenb001 on January 27, 2009, 04:33:48 PM
I installed on my new test forum.. it looks the same as the regular SMF poll..What am i doing wrong not to see the additonal polls

You can now click on add poll while viewing the thread. Add as many polls as you want. Hence the point of the mod.

chinaren

Cool!  Thanks for this Mod, I've been wanting something like this for some time now.

Anyway, (so far) it's working well on my forum! 

The Opus Path - The Next Generation of the Written Word

diamanda

I need this mod in spanish, please :(

Windy

Quote from: Peranbury on February 05, 2009, 02:24:19 PM
I need this mod in spanish, please :(

This mod doesn't include any language additions to smf, so if a spanish translation of smf exists then it should work just fine with it.
All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Mods are only updated to the latest same major version of smf on request.

PaulThePhotographer

I am having some issues with 1.0.1 also with the

"An Error Has Occurred!
Either that poll doesn't exist, the poll has been locked, or you tried to vote twice."

I wanted to uninstall and then install the latest version, 1.0.2 but;

There is NO uninstaller listed in the "Browse Packages" page, and even when I went to the "INSTALLED PACKAGES" page and clicked 'Uninstall" I get

"An Error Has Occurred!
This package cannot be uninstalled, because there is no uninstaller!

Please contact the mod author for more information."

How do I uninstall 1.0.1

Thanks, very useful mod also.

!Hachi!

anyone using additional poll mod and who voted what? under one forum?
Happy Ramadan

Eddy Matthews

The mod won't install with SMF 1.1.8 - Is there a newer release that will work?

Or failing that, is it safe to simply edit the package-info.xml file so that it will install?

Regards
Eddy

Eddy Matthews

Quote from: Eddy Matthews on February 27, 2009, 01:51:19 PM
The mod won't install with SMF 1.1.8 - Is there a newer release that will work?

Or failing that, is it safe to simply edit the package-info.xml file so that it will install?

Regards
Eddy

BUMP!

Can anyone help please?

Regards
Eddy

!Hachi!

its safe to edit .xml file and  use with 1.1.8.
Happy Ramadan

Eddy Matthews

Quote from: !Hachi! on February 28, 2009, 05:31:49 AM
its safe to edit .xml file and  use with 1.1.8.

Thankyou, much appreciated...

Regards
Eddy

gameballa

it would be great to allow the polls to be collapsed??
Online Videogame Competitions = Play 4 Free or 4 Cash @ GamerComp.com

"The only way you will ever have peace is if you no longer believe the lie is true"

Bancherd

Quote from: Windy on January 16, 2009, 10:38:09 PM
Ok, new version fixing that particular issue, as well as a few others has released as version 1.0.2.

Quote from: KahneFan on January 16, 2009, 12:18:12 PM
Gotta ask: Any thoughts on making this 2.0b4 compatible?
A this particular time, no, as it would essentially require a complete rewrite.  As there maybe more issues or the possibility for more features to be discovered here, I feel that for the time being I could only really support one version of this mod at this time.

Current version( for 1.1.7/1.1.8  ) seems to be stable and it's a big hit for my users. :)  Now that we are on smf2RC1, any thoughts on updating this for smf2?

B16Enk

:)
Great Mod, just finished getting it installed on a 1.1.8 install with multiple themes converted to support it.

If anyone needs it I have Display.template.php files for:

• DilbertMC
  • Scribbles 1.1 (Haven't upgraded to 2.0 yet  :o )
  • SlickPro Graphite
  • Amber 1.1

Petee

I got both the Who Voted What mod and the Additional Polls mods installed on 1.1.8 with the changes suggested earlier. However, the list of "who voted what" all appear on the same line. For example:

Poll 1:
Option A: I voted
Option B:

Poll 2:
Option B:

Poll 3
Option A:
Option B: I voted

When looking at who voted:

Poll 1:
Option A:
me
Option B:

Poll 2:
Option A:
me
Optoin B:

Poll 3:
Option A:
me
Option B:

Even tho I chose Option B on the 3rd poll, I show under Option A with Option B in bold. Everyone that votes after me, is put in-line after my name, regardless of which option they choose.

gameballa

Quote from: Petee on April 07, 2009, 10:04:00 PM
I got both the Who Voted What mod and the Additional Polls mods installed on 1.1.8 with the changes suggested earlier. However, the list of "who voted what" all appear on the same line. For example:

Poll 1:
Option B:

Poll 2:
Option B:

Poll 3
Option A:
Option B: I voted

When looking at who voted:

Poll 1:
Option A:
me
Option B:

Poll 2:
Option A:
me
Optoin B:

Poll 3:
Option A:
me
Option B:

Even tho I chose Option B on the 3rd poll, I show under Option A with Option B in bold. Everyone that votes after me, is put in-line after my name, regardless of which option they choose.

Yup this happends to me to.. Its worthless having these 2 mods turned on in 1.1.8 without some sort of fix!! Please help us who do not know php well enough to fix this problem ourselves!!
Online Videogame Competitions = Play 4 Free or 4 Cash @ GamerComp.com

"The only way you will ever have peace is if you no longer believe the lie is true"

Gwydion Frost

Windy, this mod combined with the Who Voted What mod are an AWESOME combination, when you apply the fix you suggested. PERFECTION!

Spoke too soon. Yeah, I'm getting the same glitch as the two above... the voters aren't lining up with the votes. Hrmmm...

Advertisement: