News:

Bored?  Looking to kill some time?  Want to chat with other SMF users?  Join us in IRC chat or Discord

Main Menu

Additional Polls

Started by Windy, January 06, 2009, 08:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Windy

Version Bump.
Perhaps I might suggest that in the operation where I've suggested the fix, that in the addition code bit, replace $topicinfo with $poll and see how that goes.
All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Mods are only updated to the latest same major version of smf on request.

goforit

When i tried to install this mod on my 1.1.9...and again on my 1.1.10 version forum, i get this error message: The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF.

Any help please

DocPixel

I'm planning to install this mod on my 1.1.10, provided it's compatible. Has anyone see issues with that?

Windy

I don't believe there should be any issues with 1.1.10 provided you use the version emulate function of smf so you don't run into it saying that it's incompatible.
All unsolicited PM's will be ignored.  Any support requests should go in their topics.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

DocPixel

Thanks, Windy. Can you point me toward how to use the emulate function? It's been a couple of years since I used it.

Also, are you planning an upgrade to this mod soon?

Paracelsus

Windy,

Your MOD seems to work fine. I just had to make some adjustments in Display.template.php in order to work with "Who Voted What" Mod.

Something I miss is a Button "Vote All" or something like that that would allow to choose all options in every poll and then submit them at the same time (instead of pressing "vote" for each poll). Is there some small piece of code we can add for this micro-feature?

Windy

That would require a fair amount of work as smf is still only designed to handle one poll at a time.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

Paracelsus

Quote from: Windy on September 16, 2009, 12:29:30 PM
That would require a fair amount of work as smf is still only designed to handle one poll at a time.

Hmmm... ok, no sweat, I'm sure people can manage clicking a few more times. ;)

Alpay

hi;
do you thinkin adaptation for modification on SMF version 2.0 RC1.2 ?

ttuu

Quote from: Paracelsus on September 16, 2009, 04:55:49 AM
Windy,

Your MOD seems to work fine. I just had to make some adjustments in Display.template.php in order to work with "Who Voted What" Mod.

Something I miss is a Button "Vote All" or something like that that would allow to choose all options in every poll and then submit them at the same time (instead of pressing "vote" for each poll). Is there some small piece of code we can add for this micro-feature?

i want this feature.

GPM

Hi there,

Trying to install this on version 1.1.10, but also getting the message "The package you are trying to download or install is either corrupt or not compatible with this version of SMF."

Any way of correcting this? As far as i can see, the chance to 'emulate' is only available in SMF2

GPM

Edited the xml to get this working, but now got a fresh problem. on the theme i'm using, the polls don't display at all, the box is empty where the poll usually shows up

Windy

Quote from: GPM on November 07, 2009, 02:09:48 PM
Edited the xml to get this working, but now got a fresh problem. on the theme i'm using, the polls don't display at all, the box is empty where the poll usually shows up
You're going to have to provide more information, the issue would either be with the display.template.php or if you have changed something in display.php, you may want to attach your display.template.php file so I can take a look at it.

I've added a new version which bumps up the version for 1.1.10 and adds support for 2.0 RC2.  I've marked this as a beta release until I can be sure there aren't new bugs present, I've done some basic testing and it seems ok, but I'd rather see how it does in the wild so to speak as just about everything had to be changed in order to get it to work.

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

GPM

Thanks. After enabling the mod, any existing polls in the 'slickprographite' theme vanish, with only the border of the poll showing up.

Also the 'add poll' button when already in a poll doesn't appear...

Windy

It doesn't look like that Display.template.php file has been modified, did you get any errors during the installation?

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

GPM

No errors at all, confirmed installation afterwards too

Windy

Does this only happen in the 'slickprographite', does it look fine in the default theme?

My Mods

Image Zoom Tag
Image Quote Removal
Color Picker
Additional Polls
Simple Awards System

GPM

yeah, everything looks fine in the basic theme

jagular

Using smf version: SMF 1.1.10

Installed the mod - no problems.  Upon uninstalling the mod after no seeing no additional 2 poll function I uninstalled, but now receiving this message "Unable to load the 'main' template" on polls and all other posts.  When attempting to "reapply" the mod, i see this:

6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test failed

Any help would be greatly appreciated Windy...thanks.

jagular

Quote from: jagular on November 17, 2009, 06:28:29 AM
Using smf version: SMF 1.1.10

Installed the mod - no problems.  Upon uninstalling the mod after no seeing no additional 2 poll function I uninstalled, but now receiving this message "Unable to load the 'main' template" on polls and all other posts.  When attempting to "reapply" the mod, i see this:

6. Execute Modification ./Themes/default/Display.template.php Test failed

Any help would be greatly appreciated Windy...thanks.

Update: the uninstall apparently destroyed the contents of the  "./Themes/default/Display.template.php " file.  I replaced it with the original SMF file and all appears to be fine now.

Advertisement: